Fido

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 05:28 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Fido wrote:
But if you want to be a dink; then who can stop you???

Not you, that's for sure. However, try though you may to evade the point, you're the one being a "dink" if you fail to address the issue now raised, which is what you meant by "what the the English were and Americans are", (did you mean the British?) and get into a (conveniently) manufactured huff about the previous one.

I make a distinction between Natural English speakers and the subjects of the British Empire which embraced many kingdoms and principalities... As one king asked when told he was about to be introduced to the queen of one of the Empire's nations: Is she really a Queen, or just another damned nigger??? English is supremely suited for the business of business... It has changed and is changing yet today... I am not saying it is easy... Our spelling, for example does only seldom reflect the sound of our words... But the written word is always more conservative than speech, a fact that make etymological inquiery fruitful... Excuse the spelling...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 05:30 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Not so prompt to reply, now, is he?

You have your life, and I have mine... Do you want to hold my hand while I go ****, or will you feel left out???
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 11:47 pm
@contrex,
Not so prompt to reply, now, is he? Damn pot!
Fido

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 07:18 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Not so prompt to reply, now, is he? Damn pot!
It is hard to believe some times that I give as much time to this crap as I do... I try to keep it out of the way of real relationships, staying fit, and having fun... And I still read a lot, and it is good to be reminded of what one does not know, even if all one learns makes knowledge more certain rather than feeble....
0 Replies