Euthanasia.

Ceili

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 04:37 am
It's one of laws that are on the book but are not enforceable. It not one of more practice laws either, it's still written in black in white. A holdover, I'm sure from the days of unholy ground.

Wilso, I'm sorry you ever thought of it never mind trying it. From what I've read over the last few months, I'd say your life is headed in a postive direction. I glad of that.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 09:26 am
hi all, and A HAPPY NEW YEAR ! we must be some "odd birds" to be discussing this subject at this time of the year. perhaps it shows that we are fairly unrestrained in our thoughts; that's good isn't it ? ! going for a walk on the shore of lake ontario with mrs. h now- sun is shining - no doom and gloom ! got to start chilling the champagne for NEW YEAR'S EVE ! hbg.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 01:00 pm
Au - just the language of the report you quote would make it highly suspect to me! Its bias is glaringly obvious.

The Northern Territory did, indeed, legalise euthanasia - but the law was, sadly in my opinion, indeed overturned by the Federal Government, which they were able to do because the territory is not yet a full state.

There is quite a lot of pro-euthanasia activism in Oz.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 03:07 pm
dlowan
It would seem that the article was written with an anti-Euthanasia bias. However, whether it is valid, who knows. I would venture to say that the report put out by the government is also biased and takes the other view to cover their ass. Several years ago there was a documentary that described assisted to suicide in the Netherlands. It was almost as easy as buying a loaf of bread. In addition it did not have to be for compelling reasons. Whether that has changed or not I have no idea.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 04:33 pm
Ceili wrote:

Wilso, I'm sorry you ever thought of it never mind trying it. From what I've read over the last few months, I'd say your life is headed in a postive direction. I glad of that.

I certainly know one way that won't work. It was a bizarre experience. To this day there is a 15 hour blank spot in my life. Try as I might, I can not draw on one image from that period. Knowing that I drove my car several miles during that time (or so I'm told), I'm thankful I didn't hurt anyone else.
0 Replies