I just used tap water to boil eggs. Will I die?

Oylok

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 03:18 pm
@Setanta,
In reference to using bottled water to boil eggs...

Setanta wrote:
Is that very expensive?

There is something she could try, in order to save money, if she isn't doing it already. After the water she cooked the eggs in cooled she could store it in the fridge to use again the next time she boiled eggs. Even if she only reused each pot of water once, then the cost of using bottled water would fall by half.

As far as the original question goes, I would not worry about a single exposure to chemical-infested water. Obviously, a lot of people in India are drinking it every day, and they aren't keeling over in the streets or dying of cancer at an alarming rate. That is important, because if 10,000 doses hasn't killed everyone with that level of exposure, then one dose probably won't have major lasting effects on Spidergal.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 11:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
hypochondriacs spontaneously break out in song or is that combust
Rolling Eyes Hypochondriacs are scared of needles......breaking out in song is Elvisitis and those that combust are called Burnt. You are thinking of those who have health insurance, called Rich.
0 Replies

AshelyPalmer

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 07:03 am
@spidergal,
Why would that be bad? there's nothing wrong with tap water, especially if it's only for boiling eggs, where are you from?
Setanta

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 07:30 am
@AshelyPalmer,
Try reading the thread . . .
0 Replies

mamamia

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 02:23 pm
@spidergal,
1. you will not die from tap water - in most places at least if you are in a civilized place
2. you boiled the eggs in the shell and then peel it off - so the eggs do not have any of the water in them. You didn't even consume any of the tap water.
You are definitely fine.
0 Replies