Mad Cow Disease Found!

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 09:23 am
I knew there had to be another explanation for the Administration's behavior. Evil or Very Mad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,139 • Replies: 152
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 09:47 am
Hey John, I'm not normally up for your consipiracy theories, but when I saw this, I had to post. As a Canadian, I am so glad that the USA finally got mad cow disease. After we declined to support the Iraqi war, and found one cow in Alberta with the disease, the USA was one of the first countries to boycott Canadian beef outright. Well, there you go. Time for them 'Mericans to take one up the cow's ass now. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 09:58 am
Japan and someone else has already put the shitcan on American Beef.

Squinney's dad is a cattleman and this is not good news for him I'm afraid.

However I'm not too upset because you can bet your ass if we're finally hearing about one, there's probably already been thousands of cases that the government put the kibosh on and for some reason this leaked out.

Now we'll get a big dog and pony show of concern from politicians and in the news.

Hey, it's the bull business, you were expecting something besides bullshit? Laughing
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 10:03 am
Dog and pony show for when we can't eat the beef?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 10:11 am
Happened right here in the state of Washington. Makes me proud! We're No. 1 (hey)!

The authorities from Washington DC to Olympia, Wash., all assure us the beef is safe. How reassuring!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 10:12 am
SealPoet wrote:
Dog and pony show for when we can't eat the beef?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 11:05 am
The US has had mad cows all along, but you never knew because they're all hiding out in the white house.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 11:06 am
I think those are mad pigs, Montana...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 11:30 am
D'artagnan wrote:
I think those are mad pigs, Montana...

Yup, you're right. Sorry, my mistake.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 12:44 pm
We know very little about this disease other than that it is caused by prions, an odd reverse protein sequence. I have often wondered if this does not occur naturally on occasion and it is the industrial agricultural support system for cattle that spreads it. For one thing, the use of all feed made of rendered animal parts should cease immediately.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 01:05 pm
Feeding animal part feed to cow's is prohibited in the US. I think in Canada it was allowed which may have led to the cases there.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 01:47 pm
I've heard that most cases on this side of the Atlantic have come from cheap IMPORTED cattle feed.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 02:15 pm
How long has the feeding of animals to animals been forbidden in the US?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 02:15 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Happened right here in the state of Washington. Makes me proud! We're No. 1 (hey)!

The authorities from Washington DC to Olympia, Wash., all assure us the beef is safe. How reassuring!

I have to ask...was the beef bound for the Dick's on Broadway? Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 02:21 pm
I'd thaught, US authorities had learnt from the Europeans. Instead, meat from this cow was sold even after they got the first results - weeks ago ... and they didn't publish it before today (yesterday)!
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 02:39 pm
During this session of congress they stopped a new law that would have increased the number of federal inspectors at the FDA. The law would have made it harder to let bad meat of all kinds on the market. But as usual congress was more worried about business than the citizens of this country. We citizens are easily replaced.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 02:46 pm
It does seem that way, doesn't it. Ah well, happy Hogswatch, all.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 03:25 pm
The beef business is a $175billion/yr industry, 3billion of it is export, somebody in the process could afford sufficient inspection. I may be overreacting, but to my mind the reports of this disease and tainted meat in general are becoming more frequent, and scary.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 04:47 pm
No beef for me.
Quote:
However, her assurances that the outbreak would be contained were questioned by public health activist, John Stauber. He called them "extremely disingenuous", and pointed out Ms Veneman was a former lobbyist for the cattle industry. "I suggest this cow is the tip of an invisible iceberg," Mr Stauber, co-author of a book ( Mad Cow U.S.A.: Could the Nightmare Happen Here? ) about the threat of the disease, told CNN last night. "My presumption is mad cow disease is spread throughout North America at some level, but because our testing program is so inadequate we have not identified it."

Do I believe anything this woman says? Hell no!!!!!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 04:49 pm
Cow...tip...heh heh heh!
0 Replies