kickycan

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 02:22 pm
@Ceili,
I'm originally from an upstate New York city with no football team. Pittsburgh was one of the closest teams. Also, when I was just getting old enough to even understand football, they were just becoming the team that would become the Steeler dynasty of the 70s.
kickycan

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 02:25 pm
@sozobe,
That's a good idea for Green Bay fans everywhere. Maybe the sweetness of the cakes will help take away the bitterness of defeat you'll be tasting tonight!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 02:27 pm
@McTag,
Too many questions to answer right now. Gotta go. I'll just leave you all with this...listen to your president, America, and root for the BLACK AND GOLD!

http://www.customauthenticjerseys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/obama-steelers-jersey.jpg
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 02:28 pm
@kickycan,
OK, thanks. I'm a habs fan from way back. Edmonton didn't have a team when I first started watching. Most Canucks I know are Cowboy fans, I'm not sure why... The Packers have the same colours as the Eskimos, my home town football team. I'll be watching but not really cheering as I don't get the game. I hope it's a good one though, we might even get some of the commercials this year. They are normally blocked.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 03:05 pm
GO PACK!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 04:03 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Which team has the cutest cheerleaders? Where can I see them?

You can't. Neither team has official cheerleaders -- they borrow college squads from time to time. I approve.

Quote:
Will you eat popcorn? Or hot dogs?

Brats. With a side of corn and broccoli (sozlet's idea -- green and gold).

Quote:
What do the Packers pack?

Looks like you figured out that one.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 09:25 pm
"Well, it matters not whether you win or lose, just so you did your best and were a good sport about it."
That's when I pulled his tie until his face was purple.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 09:33 pm
My condolences Kicky.
kickycan

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 10:37 pm
@Ceili,
Thanks, Ceili. I'm not that choked up about it actually, even though throughout that whole second half I kept thinking to myself, 'they got it, they're going to pull this off somehow, I feel it."

Unfortunately I had another little voice running underneath everything else in my mind saying, "If we had Aaron Rodgers instead of Roethlisberger, the Steelers would be blowing these guys out right now." I know, I shouldn't say such things! But it's true! No it isn't! Bad Kicky!

I think they should trade Ben Roethlisberger while they still can.

No, Kicky! Stop saying these things!!!! He's given the Steelers two super bowl rings!

But really, the guy sucks. They've been winning despite that asshole. If they had a real quarterback, they would be unstoppable. Think about it, imagine if they had Tom Brady — No, I HATE him! — Okay, Manning then. Not the pussy on the Giants, either. Peyton. You know they'd be unstoppable. Just admit it!

No, No, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOO....
McTag

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 05:25 am
@kickycan,

Perhaps if Big Sally had not stolen his pants......

(If you guys call trousers pants, as I am informed you do, what do you call pants?)
aidan

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 05:31 am
@McTag,
underwear - because you 'wear' it 'under' your clothes. Makes perfect sense and it can refer to what you wear top and bottom under your clothes and for both sexes..it's a very practical and utilitarian word.
My mother used to say, 'You're not going out of the house like that - put some underwear on' (and she meant a bra).
Girls can also call them 'panties'. Not guys though.

(I just explained this to a Brit the other day).
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 08:31 pm
Steeler Nation may have been triumphant if Pittsburgh played like the Steelers in the last two minutes of the game.

Sorry but the Packers tried to give you the game, but you just couldn't take it.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 09:21 pm
@kickycan,
classic kicky Very Happy
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 03:13 pm

what is up with James Harrison?

Quote:
Harrison, the 2008 AP Defensive Player of the Year hasn't been shy about ripping the league after he was docked $100,000
for illegal hits last season. In the August issue of Men's Journal, which has Harrison on the cover holding two pistols, his rants
against [NFL commish] Goodell reach another level of wrath.

"If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it," Harrison told the magazine. "I hate him and will
never respect him."
0 Replies