persistent dizziness and ear ringing

orenlee

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 08:38 am
what are some other causes that may not be so popular. I've been to an ENT, and a neurologist and they said Possibly labrynthitis. but that it would go away on it's own. It's been since August and it's been persistent, the ear ringing happening more often now. I've recently had my first sinus infection and the ear ringing has gotten worse since. I'm also headachy some days as well. One day I had a crackling noise in my left ear after I got out of the shower. What the hec is going on? I've been wearing ear plugs daily for the past year because of a boyfriend's snoring, I may have had an ear infection in July or August, I was really stressed in July, I took asprin for 3 weeks straight after an accident in June that hurt my ribs....all of these things are in my head as questionable causes. any of them stick out to anyone??? How do I know if I need to have my ears cleaned for ear wax or water?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 4,337 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Mame

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 10:26 am
tinninitus? however it's spelled.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 10:31 am
@orenlee,
When the ENT said it would probably go away on its own, there was some sort of request to contact them if it didn't go away on its own, right?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 10:37 am
Are you taking any meds?
How's your blood pressure?

Sometimes an antihistimen will dry up fluid in the ear.

Yes; get this re-chccked.

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 02:23 pm
@orenlee,
Quote:
I took asprin for 3 weeks straight after an accident in June that hurt my ribs

Start reading the responses in this thread here. It is all about causes of tinnitus, overdosing of aspirin and other medications containing aspirin being a big one.

http://able2know.org/topic/9788-11#post-4487309
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 04:33 pm
Ibuprofen can be a cause, I've been told.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 05:22 pm
@orenlee,
The breathing passages in your body leads to the ears, throat, mouth, lungs, nose and even your eyes. Infection in any of those mentioned parts could infect the connected organs. It is like one-stop shopping or an enclosed mall with all the shops connected.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 07:42 pm
And get a dental checkup. I had a sensation in my ear and it got traced back to the back molar.

PS tylenol makes me dizzy. I can't take it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2011 12:02 pm
@orenlee,
My mom has Meniere's Disease (your doctor should be able to diagnois it though)

Meniere's disease can cause severe dizziness, a roaring sound in your ears called tinnitus, hearing loss that comes and goes and the feeling of ear pressure or pain. It usually affects just one ear. It is a common cause of hearing loss.

Scientists don't yet know the cause. They think that it has to do with the fluid levels or the mixing of fluids in the canals of your inner ear. Symptoms occur suddenly and can happen as often as every day or as seldom as once a year. An attack can be a combination of severe dizziness or vertigo, tinnitus and hearing loss lasting several hours.

0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2011 08:37 pm
@orenlee,
Don't underestimate food poisoning. Recently, I felt dizziness and my ear ached. I looked at the pita bread that I hadn't touched for a week or so. I examined it closely and there was a spot of the green monster that male students are so familiar with in their fridge. It was a spot of mold. OMG, I had ingested some mold yesterday. I checked all my food and got rid of food past their shelf life. I took a Vitamin C pill with a mega dose and some stress pills with Vitamin B-complex and drank green tea and soup later on to buffer the pills. For two days I took those pills before going to sleep. There were one or two red spots on my skin from the mold. They have subsided. I am okay now and no dizziness or ear aches.
0 Replies