No life due to Syncope lasting up to 11/2 hours out. HELP !!

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 11:11 pm
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing my syncope or "fainting spells". I just go out with about a 1sec. warning, and stay out avg. of 10 min. Today I stayed out for 1 hour and 20 mins. I can not move anything, All vital signs are normal and I can hear everything going on around me. I have had every test possible. all normal. I am a nurse practitioner so I am up on the medical world. However, this has ruined my life. I have a heart doc, 2 neuros, internal med, psych, etc... been to ER so many times. All I can do is lay around. I will be 54 on Feb. 2 I also am a diabetic, asthma, fibro, restless leg , tia, yrs ago, severe migraines, pit, tumor resolved. , fatty liver, Have worked for the past 36 yrs. and now have not been able to work since Aug. 2010. This started Sept. 2009 and just keeps getting worst. I may go out 1 to 7 times a day. Any help would be a blessing. Thanks.

farmerman

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 05:02 am
@djpal2736,
do you still drink heavily?
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 08:25 am
Have you been evaluated for epilepsy, petit mals?

That's a long time to be in that state. Is your sugar level checked often?
djpal2736

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 09:51 am
@PUNKEY,
yes, I am on Topamax which is a seizure drug and a high dose for migraine 200 mg twice daily. so it would be unuausal for it to be seizures. Yes my sugar levels have been checked and always with in normal levels. Thank you for those ideas,
0 Replies

djpal2736

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 09:53 am
@farmerman,
Never have at all but with all going on may start soon. Any suggesstions on which one to start with?????
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 12:36 pm
You must be on a ton of medications. Talk to your pharmacists and see if any of them interact with each other, or side effects could be causing this.

Once a fellow across the street passed out. He could see and hear everything, even answering questions, but just had to lay there for a few minutes. It was a reaction to a new medication for his psychological issues (bi-polar meds, I think)

This must be very upsetting for you. I am sorry that you have to go thru this.
0 Replies