Just When Was Chrst Made God?

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 04:29 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank,

Did you not first ask, where in the Bible does it says He will be called Emmanuel?

Then did you not ask, where in the Bible does it say someone actually called Him Emmanuel?

Well, the first question was told to you where you could find it.

The second question was answered by saying it was not specifically stated in the Bible that any particular person called Him by that name.

There is absolutely no record of Jesus ever being called Emmanuel...or anything else that you are pretending is a substitute for Emmanuel.

For all I know...he was called Slappy or Rodney or Junior. But that would all be speculation. And so is any of the nonsense that he was called Emmanuel.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 04:35 pm
Frank,

Did I just not tell you that it is not specifically stated in the Bible that anyone called Him that?

I really thought that:

The second question was answered by saying it was not specifically stated in the Bible that any particular person called Him by that name.

Substitute specifically stated for specifically recorded.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 04:37 pm
Relevance, please
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 04:39 pm
Neo,

From me?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 04:53 pm
What difference does it make if the NT does not specifically contain the word Immanuel?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 05:00 pm
Neo,

I agree with you there. I didn't understand the big deal about it at all. But, he asked, we answered.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 05:16 pm
OK
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:33 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Neo,

I agree with you there. I didn't understand the big deal about it at all. But, he asked, we answered.

I didn't bring this horseshyt up...you guys did.

You were into this "there are prophecies" nonsense.

All I did was respond.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:42 pm
Shocked

Excuse me, but I thought you had asked a question and we were trying to answer it. I am sorry if I was mistaken.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 09:46 pm
neologist wrote:
What difference does it make if the NT does not specifically contain the word Immanuel?

From the New Testament, Matthew 1

20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jesus is specifically identified as God with (or "among" as some translators have it) us because the Holy Spirit (God) created in Mary's womb a body for God to dwell in. As Jesus (God ) was born and lived among men, He was God with (or among) us.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 10:09 pm
Really,real; Frank is nitpicking. Give him his point and move on.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 10:18 pm
And a corresponding question is when was Jesus made Christ--by Paul.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 10:36 pm
JL,

Are you saying Paul made Jesus Christ?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 10:43 pm
JLNobody wrote:
And a corresponding question is when was Jesus made Christ--by Paul.

Whoa, there. Slow down. Don't skim over it so fast, pard.

Here are just a few of the many passages from the Gospels, not from Paul, where Jesus is identified as Christ.

-------------------------

Matt 16:15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

-----------------------

Matt 23:8But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

----------------------

Mark 14:61But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?

62And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

-----------------------

John 4:25The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 10:49 pm
I think he meant god not christ. Christ simply mean messiah. That's not the argument. The argument was whether Jesus was/is God.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 11:24 pm
El-Diablo wrote:
I think he meant god not christ. Christ simply mean messiah. That's not the argument. The argument was whether Jesus was/is God.

Maybe. We'll let him clarify his intent for sure. I appreciate your input.

If that is his point, it is still not correct. The Bible in many places identifies Jesus as God, and not just in Paul's writings.

Almost 700 years before Christ was born, Isaiah identified the child to be born as "the everlasting Father" Is 9:6

Other passages from the Old Testament that refer expressly to God are explicitly cited as referring to Jesus in the New Testament by writers before and after Paul.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 11:25 pm
Yeah personally I believe it's hinted enough in the Bible that Jesus was a part of god. Maybe not to the extent that some people make it. But there is something there.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 12:06 am
Yeah, but we really haven't answered the question of to whom did Jesus pray, have we?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:33 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Shocked

Excuse me, but I thought you had asked a question and we were trying to answer it. I am sorry if I was mistaken.

Well...you are wrong...if you are suggesting that I brought this up first.

Rauch claimed that Jesus was called Immanuel.

I asked for a citation which showed that to be true.

That is what this is all about.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:35 am
real life wrote:
neologist wrote:

From the New Testament, Matthew 1

20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jesus is specifically identified as God with (or "among" as some translators have it) us because the Holy Spirit (God) created in Mary's womb a body for God to dwell in. As Jesus (God ) was born and lived among men, He was God with (or among) us.

But there is no record whatever that he was ever called Emmanuel...despite that a part of this so-called prophecy claims that he would be.
0 Replies