Just When Was Chrst Made God?

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:41 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Ahhhh...so the Bible says it is the expressed will of god...therefore it is the expressed will of god.

Talk about circular reasoning!!!!

Don't you ever tire of inane postings, Neo?
Frank, read what I wrote. Here it is again with emphasis:
neologist wrote:
We learn about Jesus and his Father in the bible.
The bible may be, as you are wont to proclaim, a fairy tale. (Proceed at your own risk!)
Nevertheless, arguments about Jesus should originate with the source of our knowlege.
If Jesus is defined by the bible, then his nature must also be defined by the bible. The veracity of the bible is another argument entirely.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:35 am
quote="neologist"]
Frank Apisa wrote:
Ahhhh...so the Bible says it is the expressed will of god...therefore it is the expressed will of god.

neologist wrote:
The bible may be, as you are wont to proclaim, a fairy tale. (Proceed at your own risk!)
Nevertheless, arguments about Jesus should originate with the source of our knowlege.
If Jesus is defined by the bible, then his nature must also be defined by the bible. The veracity of the bible is another argument entirely.[/quote]

Good grief...are you actually that dense...or are you just taking an acting course in it?

I was NOT TALKING ABOUT THE VERACITY OF THE BIBLE.

Rauch wrote:

Quote:
When Jesus was born he was called Immanuel. That means in original Hebrew, "God is with us."

I responded:

Quote:
And where exactly does it say that when Jesus was born, he was called Immanuel.

That is what is being discussed.

If Rauch is right that when Jesus was born, he was called Immanuel....(AND I FOR ONE DO NOT KNOW WHETHER OR NOT HE WAS)...I am just goddam interested in where it says that!

What is all this other bullshyt about?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:42 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

neologist wrote:
If Jesus is defined by the bible, then his nature must also be defined by the bible. The veracity of the bible is another argument entirely.

Good grief...are you actually that dense...or are you just taking an acting course in it?

Rauch wrote:

Quote:
When Jesus was born he was called Immanuel. That means in original Hebrew, "God is with us."

I responded:

Quote:

If Rauch is right that when Jesus was born, he was called Immanuel....(AND I FOR ONE DO NOT KNOW WHETHER OR NOT HE WAS)...I am just goddam interested in where it says that!

Well DOH!

Excuuuse me! I forgot how short your memory was.

This little exchange started as a response you your seemingly legitimate question posted here:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=495168#495168

Edited to make sense of quotes
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:47 am
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
quote="neologist"]
Frank Apisa wrote:

neologist wrote:

Rauch wrote:

Quote:

I responded:

Quote:

Well DOH!

Excuuuse me! I forgot how short your memory was.

This little exchange started as a response you your seemingly legitimate question posted here:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=495168#495168[/quote]

Jesus Christ, Neo...are you insane or what????

That stuff you just linked to is almost two years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get your head out of your ass!

Look at the stuff that started two days ago.

Then, if you can think....come back and we will discuss that!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:57 am
HA! You are right, Frank. The homer is on me.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/homer.gif Leave it to Momma to drag up an old thread and to me to assume reasonable continuity. But, to be fair, I did quote your post in my response.

So what are you moaning about?

If you use the bible as sole premise, where can this thread possibly go?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 12:14 pm
au1929,

You asked if I consider it's okay for Christians to do bashing! NO! NO! NO! And NO AGAIN!

And Neo, did I make a boo boo? You guys kind of lost me. You said leave it to me to bring up an old thread.....? Help! Got confused!

And I knew someday I was going to see Frank tell someone to get their head out of their butt. Guess that means he's getting predictable.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 12:20 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
au1929,

You asked if I consider it's okay for Christians to do bashing! NO! NO! NO! And NO AGAIN!

And Neo, did I make a boo boo? You guys kind of lost me. You said leave it to me to bring up an old thread.....? Help! Got confused!

And I knew someday I was going to see Frank tell someone to get their head out of their butt. Guess that means he's getting predictable.
No disrespect intended, Ma; but you certainly have researched the forum far more than most. Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 12:27 pm
None taken, oh mentor of mine. Well, I don't want to just jump in the middle because if I do that, then I may not be understanding the discussion and take things and/or answer out of context.
0 Replies

amosunknown

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:49 am
Isaiah 7:14

"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign: the Virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel."

Immanuel (Hebrew)- with us (is) God
Jesus (Greek)- the name of God
0 Replies

amosunknown

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:50 am
(strongs exhaustive concordance of the bible) forgot to put that in there.

hope thats valid enough for ya.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 10:05 pm
Yes this is certainly an old thread, but with some good discussion in it.

For a more recent and more extensive thread regarding the Deity of Christ , see http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51117&start=0
This thread was started by Neo just a few weeks ago.

Regarding the prophecy of Isaiah, the NT answers Frank's question

Frank Apisa wrote:

in Matthew 1

20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 03:35 am
real life wrote:
Yes this is certainly an old thread, but with some good discussion in it.

For a more recent and more extensive thread regarding the Deity of Christ , see http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51117&start=0
This thread was started by Neo just a few weeks ago.

Regarding the prophecy of Isaiah, the NT answers Frank's question

Frank Apisa wrote:

in Matthew 1

20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How on Earth can you keep a straight face and claim that answers my question?

Your statement (or whoever made the statement that prompted my question) was that when he was a child, they called JEsus Emmanuel.

I asked where it says in the Bible that when he was a child...they called Jesus Emmanuel.

WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT?

This quote says that the prophesy said they would...but it sure as hell does not say that they did.

NOWHERE in the Bible was Jesus ever referred to as Emmanuel...and nowhere in the Bible does it ever say that when he was a child, he was called Emmanuel.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 09:42 am
Frank is right. The bible says he will be called Emmanuel, but never uses that name in the NT.

Proving what, I do not know.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 09:47 am
Neo,

Well, I was taught that this is one of those verses that are not to be taken literally, like in "Jesus wept," but is more in the interpretation.

Emmanuel means God is with us. So, when anyone said, "God is with us", they were essentially calling him Emmanuel.

Now, I may not have explained that very well, and if I didn't, please, please feel free to put words in my post ( Laughing ) here.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 09:59 am
Jesus did weep.

What's the point?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 10:29 am
Neo,

Laughing What I meant was you can take "Jesus wept" literally because he did weep.

But, like Frank pointed out, it is not in the Bible where anyone actually called Christ Emmanuel. So, you can't really take that particular statement literally. So, to me (and who I learned it from) it means that when someone would say, God is with us, they were essentially calling Him Emmanuel.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:09 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Neo,

Well, I was taught that this is one of those verses that are not to be taken literally, like in "Jesus wept," but is more in the interpretation.

Emmanuel means God is with us. So, when anyone said, "God is with us", they were essentially calling him Emmanuel.

Now, I may not have explained that very well, and if I didn't, please, please feel free to put words in my post ( Laughing ) here.

Okay...then where in the Bible does it say that Jesus was called God is with us?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 03:26 pm
Shocked

Frank,

I don't recall that I said it was in the Bible. Not every single thing every said or done is written down in the Bible. I was merely commenting on what I thought that statement meant.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 03:46 pm
This is getting into farce.

This whole area developed when one person claimed a "prophesy of the Christ"...and cited the passage that claims Jesus would be called Emmanuel.

Now we're all over the place.

There is absolutely no record of any kind...Biblical or oral that indicates that Jesus was ever called Emmanuel...or "God is with us."

That was the item in contention.

Man...one certainly has to be stone-headed to be a Christian.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 03:51 pm
Frank,

Did you not first ask, where in the Bible does it says He will be called Emmanuel?

Then did you not ask, where in the Bible does it say someone actually called Him Emmanuel?

Well, the first question was told to you where you could find it.

The second question was answered by saying it was not specifically stated in the Bible that any particular person called Him by that name.
0 Replies