The worlds first riddle!

jove

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 10:14 pm
Shocked Huh?,,, Hi Try,,, it is i ~Raphael writng for jove. God and Yeggy (the man in the middle) ~

http://www.wga.hu/art/m/master/zunk_ge/zunk_ge3/0altarpi.jpg

get everything.

~I hope you have everything you need, and a little extra, always Cool .

Amen.

P.S. Some people think i'm a dude amen~. Laughing Shocked Confused - Rolling Eyes Idea .
Pss. as well as their own existance and bodies,,,amen. Smile ~.

~I wish God coulD FinD it in his heart (~) to make Thee colour's vaporize all evil for we and he,,,(squeeze me). < what i wrote amen.

btw,,, i just thought i would tell everyone that i'm vain and color the grey hair on the sides of my head ,,,and all over.,,, i'm still vain Confused In my head,,, i have a memory problem and would probably be annoying to a normy Crying or Very sad Smile thanks. <waves> (waves back) 8-}
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 08:59 am
I come not to praise Caesar; but to make some salad dressing: Subdue your appetites, my dears, and you've conquered human nature. Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.

I have heard it said that the first ingredient of success…Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one…

Jove
wrote, "I hope you have everything you need, and a little extra, always."

Do you know; that is the sweetest line I have ever read! Cool
I hope your job is going well, and you have spare cash to spend on yourself.

Missmi writes, "Methinks he (Try) likes it that way."

STOP!

I like it!
Hahahaaa! Laughing

I turn my head and you may go where you want.
But if I turn it again; you will stay till you rot.
I have no face, but I live or die;
By my crooked teeth

Who am I Question
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 11:04 am
I turn my head and you may go where you want.
But if I turn it again; you will stay till you rot.
I have no face, but I live or die;
By my crooked teeth

Who am I Question

A Key

Welcome back Try!
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 05:46 pm
Salutations Stormy, you are right as always. Cool

Are you thinking of changing jobs?

An airplane weighs 10,000 pounds, has a 1000 gallon tank, burns fuel at a rate of 5 gallons per minute, and has a speed in miles per hour of 6,000,000 divided by the sum of weight of the plane and remaining fuel.

Each gallon of fuel weighs 10 pounds. With a full tank how far can the plane fly Question
0 Replies

markr

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 11:45 pm
AIRPLANE
[size=7]I get 2000*(ln(20) - ln(10)), which is approximately 1386.29436 miles.[/size]

Welcome back, old man!
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 07:57 am
Mark:

AIRPLANE
I get 2000*(ln(20) - ln(10)), which is approximately Laughing 1386.29436 miles. Cool Cool Cool

The weight of the plane as a function of time, in pounds per hour of flying time, is f(w)=20,000-3,000*t
The plane will run out of fuel after 10/3 hours.

The distance the plane can cover is the integral from 0 to 10/3 of (6,000,000/(20,000-3,000t)) dt.

= 6,000,000 * -1/3000 * ln(20,000-3,000t) from 10/3 to 0.

= -2,000 * ln(1/2)

= 2000 * ln(2) =~ 1386.3 miles

"Welcome back, old man!"

Dagnabbit; you young un's spend far too much time learning; still, it's good to be back for a while; Very Happy did I miss much?

1000000 = MM Question
1000000 = T to the PS Question
1000000 = M for O of Y S Question
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 04:54 pm
You have two bags of M & M candy. One bag has 99 red candies and 1 blue candy.

The other bag has 99 blue candies and 1 red candy.

You choose a bag at random, open it, and draw just one candy from the bag. If the candy drawn is red what is the probability that it was drawn from the bag with 99 reds and 1 blue Question
0 Replies

markr

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 09:57 pm
CANDY
[size=7].99[/size]
0 Replies

jove

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 12:44 am
Try wrote: "nothing but food and water."

I'm sorry you had to go through that (i'll take your pain as long as i am anything, something, nothing and no-one. (pta).

"I hope your job is going well, and you have spare cash to spend on yourself."
I quit because i couldn't handle being sexually harassed. :

I have an urge to travel to Thee hottest desert i can create and perish there in peaceful nirvana. (i dream).

So Try,,, how are you?
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 09:19 am
Tryagain wrote:
Salutations Stormy, you are right as always. Cool

Are you thinking of changing jobs?

I am thinking of changing jobs, but I don't want your job here on the riddle thread! Laughing

Come back and challenge us, we miss you!
0 Replies

jove

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 09:04 pm
Hi Try,,, how are you? ~

I decided to take care of myself,,, so,,, i went to the dentist and had my nice teeth replaced with,,, Embarrassed put it this way,,, i look like a short haired, crooked yellow toothed pumpkinwith gums galore,,,
me > (8-(E}

Butt God i laugh alot. If a person can't laugh at themselves, they might not end up happy.

They know right where to put the needle Shocked Rolling Eyes

I wonder if i could convince them to navigate around! Shocked the nerves next time.

I can't wait for my bottom teeth to be wrecked Rolling Eyes

My brother (the one who told me the laser treatments for my wrinkles was a waste of time and didn't work) promised to bash them in as soon as the pain medication wore off Rolling Eyes

He's a keeper. Confused Laughing

p.s. Hello ~Bastil .<waves> Laughing
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 03:06 pm
Books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay...so if you keep reading, you'll go broke!

Mark:

CANDY
.99 Cool Cool

Pr(A|B)=Pr(AB)/Pr(B)
Pr(AB) = Probability that bag with 99 reds is drawn and 1 red is drawn from that bag = 1/2 * 99/100 = 99/200.
Pr(B) = Probability that a red is drawn = ((1/2)*(99/100) + (1/2)*(1/100)) = 100/200 = 1/2.
Pr(AB)/Pr(B) = (99/200)/(100/200) = 99/100.

Stormy wrote, "I am thinking of changing jobs, but I don't want your job here on the riddle thread!"

Don't be so hasty; I'm not saying they pay me 100 grand to sit around all day, but A2K coffee is to die for. Laughing

Jove;
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 04:10 pm
1048576 = B in M = 1048576 Bytes in a Megabyte
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 04:16 pm
678910 = TI let it GA =

WHY? no no no.... don't let Try go again! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:11 pm
Stormy:

1048576 = B in M = 1048576 Bytes in a Megabyte Cool

Lzzie:

678910 = TI let it GA = don't let Try go again! Cool Laughing
(Then I let it go again)

A priest and a pirate are shipwrecked on an island with a boat which is large enough to carry only one of them to the mainland. They decide to let Lady Luck decide which one of them will be rescued.

On the island they find two coins. Assuming that at least one of the coins is fair -- that is, gives heads or tails 50% of the time -- but not knowing which one that may be, how can they use the coins to decide fairly who gets off the island Question
0 Replies

markr

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 09:41 pm
COINS
[size=7]Probably not the answer you're looking for...
Since neither knows which coin is unfair, pick either one of the coins, and let one person select heads or tails. If the unfair coin is selected, the person selecting heads or tails has a 50/50 chance of giving himself an advantage or disadvantage.
[/size]
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 09:08 am
Since I don't have an answer, I will just agree with mark Laughing

Oh thoh.....where art thou?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 04:47 pm
Mark:

COINS

Probably not the answer you're looking for...

Since neither knows which coin is unfair, pick either one of the coins, and let one person select heads or tails. If the unfair coin is selected, the person selecting heads or tails has a 50/50 chance of giving himself an advantage or disadvantage. Cool

You are right…But it works! Very Happy

A variation on the theme:

The cleanest solution has the priest flip one coin and the pirate flip one coin. If their coins match, the priest goes, if not the pirate goes. It's straightforward to check that each outcome occurs exactly 50% of the time.

Each flips both the coins. Whoever gets more heads wins. If they tie, they flip again. Neither coin needs to be fair.

One other "solution" deserves to be mentioned, for its entertainment value if for no other reason. Have the priest put both coins in one hand and put both hands behind his back. If the pirate guesses which hand holds the coins, he goes. Laughing

Good to see you back TTH; did you have a nice trip?
You were right to back Mark!
I didn't know Thoh was into art!

Ps > There is a fabulous El Squid Roe jacket on eBay going cheap that might fit! :wink:

Twenty-seven identical white cubes are assembled into a single cube, the outside of which is then painted black.

The cube is then disassembled and the smaller cubes thoroughly shuffled in a bag.

A blindfolded man (who cannot feel the paint) reassembles the pieces into a cube.

What is the probability that the outside of this cube is completely black Question
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 05:12 pm
Hi Try
You are too funny Laughing
I had a good time, except for that darn jacket, and it is nice to see you again Very Happy

Probability again? Could you leave some question for a normal (that is debatable) person like me to answer?

p.s. I already know the answer. I won't post it because it isn't my work Very Happy
0 Replies

markr

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 10:41 pm
CUBE
[size=7]I think there are 27! * 24^27 ways to reconstruct the cube.
I think there are:
1! * 24^1 ways to get the center cube correct
6! * 4^6 ways to get the centers of the faces correct
8! * 3^8 ways to get the corners correct
12! * 2^12 ways to get the edges correct

That gives us:
(1! * 24^1 * 6! * 4^6 * 8! * 3^8 * 12! * 2^12) / (27! * 24^27)
which is approximately:
1.8298 * 10^(-37)
[/size]
0 Replies