Gun Violence in Europe

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 07:17 am
@Setanta,
The last two mass killings in the US, (Va Tech, and Tucson) arent exactly "no-guns Allowed" zones. Va Tech may have a school requirement but Blacksburg, Montgomery, and PAtrick and nearby counties re all hunters paradises.

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 07:28 am
@H2O MAN,
When an asshole like you merely posts propaganda without substance, how do you expect people to learn whether you are always a bag of wind or do you make sense on occasion?

Ever since your statements that the "AMendments" arent part of the US Constitution and
The US Civil War wasnt a Civil War.

I hadda question your intelligence. Sorry if I didnt accept what you said from the git go.

NOW, it appears that once and awhile you are correct, which leaves me witha problem. How am I supposed to know when you are correct in threads like this one? Obviously you didnt post any ridiculous lack of historical knowledge and opinions(like your idiotic views on the Civil War and the Constitution) so I really had to either look it up myself or, Walter was so kind as to present the actual data.
Hint to spurt: when you want to make an argument compelling, share some data and evidence, not just stupid opinion pieces from dubious sources.
Setanta

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 07:52 am
@farmerman,
It's part of the gunnut hysteria to present the issue in terms of fatalities contingent upon gun control. Arizona is a gun owner's paradise. But just because these clowns become hysterical is not a reason to buy into the crap they're trying to peddle.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 08:17 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

So the data you presented is to show that gun killings are a RECENT thing in Europe?

Not gun killings.

The article is about "gun killings with more than four deaths", I think.

We had called such "amok run" ('running amok') before ... it became "popular" in schools Sad

The most 'famous' here was Wagner (1913).

----------

Between 1974 (Olean) and the end of 2002, there have been 75 school shootings worldwide, 62 in the USA, four in Canada and Germany each, five elsewhere (Roberts, Franc J.: School shootings, Frankfurt 2004 [German edition])

There's a lot of literature about it - I won't quote all, since it's easily to find and read (online) ... well, for all but for 02man
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 08:49 am
@farmerman,
You are such a little girl and a liar!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 08:57 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
It's part of the gunnut hysteria to present the issue in terms of fatalities contingent upon gun control. Arizona is a gun owner's paradise. But just because these clowns become hysterical is not a reason to buy into the crap they're trying to peddle.
I don 't feel hysterical, but I advocate victims bringing more power
to bear upon a predatory emergency than does the predator.

EVERY predatory event is a contest of POWER.

Gun control gives a violent predator a MONOPOLY of POWER.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 09:04 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The last two mass killings in the US, (Va Tech, and Tucson) arent exactly "no-guns Allowed" zones. Va Tech may have a school requirement but Blacksburg, Montgomery, and PAtrick and nearby counties re all hunters paradises.
That "school requirement" made Va. Tech a hunter's paradise for CHO.

His victims had been intimidated
into quiescent helplessness by the school administration,
which became Cho's de facto partner.

I wish the victims had been armed, in defiance of the rules.

The gun control filosofy caused a lot of unnecessary death.

David
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 09:13 am
@OmSigDAVID,
ICD-10: F60.4
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 09:31 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

You are such a little girl and a liar!

Im such a little girl because I hve the audacity to call out your inability to fess up that youve been trying to bullshit your way through A2K. You deny that you said that 'slavery" is nevermentioned in the US Constitution,: Amendment 13 (and all other Amendments are not prt pf the Constitution? AND you stated that the US civil war was NOT a civil war?? DO you wish to continue your abuse of truth and just admit you sserted these things, or will you continue to try to avert by namecalling?

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 09:33 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Your point just hangs out there , limp, like most of your points.
Montgomery County Va was and is NOT a gun free zone
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 12:27 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Your point just hangs out there, limp, like most of your points.
Montgomery County Va was and is NOT a gun free zone
Thay were afraid to get kicked out
of school, . . . or maybe thay were just anti-gun.

I gotta get some sleep; then I 'll be limper.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 01:39 pm
@farmerman,
Dont apologize for thinking he is full of it. There are three posters on this foram who only want to argue and will say anything to do so. I wouldent believe anything they said even if they swore on a stack of bibles.
0 Replies

Warlock13

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 01:56 pm
Why are guns so special? It's an object, a tool, and a device. Just like a coffee pot, rope, lead pipe, or wrench. Any device can be used to kill a human being and not all killing is murder. So why do we focus our attention on the gun instead of the person who is using (possibly misusing) the tool. No gun statistics are needed. Cave men didn't keep track of how many people were killed by being beaten with big sticks. Men kill. Period. Sometimes for good-sometimes for bad, but the presence or absence of guns will not change this fact. If Americans(or anyone else) have a true justice system then men will be judged by their actions, not the tools they used for those actions.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 02:22 pm
@Warlock13,
Warlock13 wrote:
If Americans(or anyone else) have a true justice system then men will be judged by their actions, not the tools they used for those actions.

Exactly the tools make the difference in many, if not all justice systems. (For instance: it really makes a lot of difference - starting with feelings/emotions of the victim to the period, the criminal has to stay in prison - if you just say to someone "Give me a dollar, quick" or if you point at him with a revolver and demand that money. [That would be from 'nothing' to 'four years minimum' here in Germany.]
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 02:43 pm
@Warlock13,
Warlock, that's so wrong on so many levels, I don't know where to begin.
For starters, look at statistics of violence in the United States vs. countries
that have gun control. Your answer will be right there and that's the reason
why the United States needs gun control. Just looking at these nutcakes at
a2k who are proponents for the NRA is a very telling reason.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 07:18 pm
@farmerman,
More lies from a little farmgirl.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 07:19 pm
@CalamityJane,
The US does not need any additional gun control.
The current gun laws should be streamlined and then made the same across the land.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 07:21 pm
@Warlock13,
Quote:
If Americans(or anyone else) have a true justice system then men will be judged by their actions, not the tools they used for those actions.

Well said!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 07:29 pm
@Warlock13,
Warlock13 wrote:
Why are guns so special? It's an object, a tool, and a device. Just like a coffee pot, rope, lead pipe, or wrench. Any device can be used to kill a human being and not all killing is murder. So why do we focus our attention on the gun instead of the person who is using (possibly misusing) the tool. No gun statistics are needed. Cave men didn't keep track of how many people were killed by being beaten with big sticks. Men kill. Period. Sometimes for good-sometimes for bad, but the presence or absence of guns will not change this fact. If Americans (or anyone else) have a true justice system then men will be judged by their actions, not the tools they used for those actions.
Yes; well reasoned, Warlock.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 07:34 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
The US does not need any additional gun control.
The current gun laws should be streamlined and then made the same across the land.
I will agree with that, with the provision that
"The current gun laws" be streamlined to the same extent
as the newspaper laws, the book laws and the religious belief laws,
because the jurisdiction is equally extant.

David