Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 09:15 am
I was reading the net news this morning and came across this. I had never heard of this before.

Quote:
Chinese Man Sprouts 3-Inch Horn From Head

When you think about horned creatures, a few come to mind instantly: rhinos, bulls, unicorns, the devil. Amazingly, humans are part of that group more often than you might think.

Huang Yuanfan, 84, of Ziyuan, China, is the latest person to report an unusual growth protruding from the head. His horn began growing two years ago and has reached a length of 3 inches, according to Metro.co.uk and other British news sites.

When it began as a small bump, Huang said he tried picking at it and even filing it, but the horn persevered and kept growing.

Read more at: http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/10/chinas-huang-yuanfan-sprouts-3-inch-horn-from-head/?test=latestnews
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,556 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Miller

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 09:51 am
@Arella Mae,
These types of growths may occur almost anywhere on the human body. They frequently occur on the thumb or elsewhere on the hand and usually are the result of physical damage taking place.

I knew a woman who had a car door slam on her thumb. With time, she developed a growth ( hrony tissue ) on her thumb. This type of growth ( on the thumb ) can usually be removed by a dermatologist .

As far as the growth on the man's skull is concerned, he's lucky the growth was outwards, as opposed to inwards.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 09:52 am
@Miller,
then he wouldn't be horny, but rather a bonehead...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 10:05 am
@Miller,
I have heard of different types of growths but I don't believe I have ever seen one such as this. The one coming out of that elderly woman's head in that spot has an element of spooky to it, I suppose because of it's location. Do some of these grow inwards instead of outwards?
Miller

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:39 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

[c Do some of these grow inwards?

I don't know.
0 Replies