Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 03:02 am
This drivel of Spade's is of interest because of the pathalogical response to anything he considers to be a negative portrayal of the components of his belief set. He speaks of "stomping" all over his heart. Bascially, he's saying that either one must agree with him, or keep one's mouth shut. There is in this, and many other manifestations of his pathology, a very strong hostility. Far from christian love, this joker consistently displays an aggressive hatefulness toward anyone who disagrees wtih him, or challenges his beliefs.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 03:14 am
Lest anyone miss the implications of that, consider the circumstance of Islam. Muslims believe his boy Jesus existed, but that he was only a prophet, and not the most current on the nature of god's relationship to mankind. Someone such as this joker here, who reacts to criticism and dissent with hostility doesn't have far to go to justify war against the infidel, in such a case, Muslims. His drivel is full of references to war and warriors. Spade is a man of hate and aggression, and his attitude is exemplary of the worst partisan religious attitudes.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 05:44 am
@failures art,
Quote:
No clergy? Really? Also, what things specifically? You've said many things.

Things that go much deeper than apperances, since were being lied to, and accept it, it seems to me you would not except the deeper things, or lies I am excepting, so I will keep them to myself///

Quote:
On the matter of your view of Jesus's appearance as a stronger framed darker skinned man and all that comes with that, do you believe the Clergy would accept it?

Some probably would, Many may not, I have no idea...It's not depicted as you said, So I guess I would assume that most would not think of Jesus this way....But some probably would...

Quote:
If you're talking about anything other than white Jesus, I'm not interested.

I do not know how to help you here, I gave you a reputable answer to give a better vision of how I (a Christian) believe Jesus Looks like, in conjunction to your original questions asked...Now because my views do not meet your own Ideas...(which you claim my views are lies anyways) they are of no interest??

Quote:
Spare the dramatics, please. My interest is to find out why people so causally accept such a blatant lie directed at them. More interesting is that those being lied to don't care, and even admit that if Jesus existed, he wouldn't have looked this way.

Because I have explained how/and why he revealed and was portrayed as white...So it's not a lie, nor are they being lied too...If Christ existed, and someone portrayed him as white, then there is a good sporting chance he revealed himself as white at least once...

But since your not interested in other depictions other than white, like I said, I guess I can go no farther...enjoy
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 05:52 am
@failures art,
Quote:
Because I can't think of any good reason to paint/draw or use white actors to portray Jesus, yet it is the most common image.

So then experiment using other colors and see what Jesus would look like using other colors other than white...

Quote:
I'm interested in the replies of non-Christians as well. Just because you believe he's real, doesn't mean that your opinion is less or greater than others.

I never said that it should be...But the way you worded the original questions, seemed to me you were looking for answers from people who take Christ seriously, rather than think he is indeed a lie...If you and others believe he is false, How or why do you believe you would know or better understand one who actually embraces him?? Just curious...
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 08:52 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Good to know; if I throw a rock in a random direction, you will rush to place yourself in it's path. That says something about your character.

Quote:
What beneficial purpose does a post like that have?

What beneficial purpose does Christianity have? All the good parts are sound human values adopted from older cultures and belief systems. The ten commandments are excerpts from ancient Egyptian sun worship. The traditions are pagan traditions modified to fit Christianity. The image of Jesus evolves in time with the culture the figure is worshiped in. Christianity is a plagiarism of humanity.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 08:59 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
the spademaster's got a bit of a history with an assortment of folks

he likes to get his shots in first - and has

Okay, but I have not seen hostility or "aggressive hatefulness" from him on this thread, yet he's being attacked and vilified.

Set's been an asshole on other threads (okay, many threads) (okay, most threads), but I still give him the benefit of the doubt with each new thread, thinking perhaps one fine day he will cease to be a horse's ass ...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 09:06 am
@Cyracuz,
Quote:
Good to know; if I throw a rock in a random direction, you will rush to place yourself in it's path. That says something about your character.

Yes, it does say something about my character, that I would sacrifice my life for another...and my beliefs tell me that I should do likewise...Now, in your beliefs/lack of beliefs/acceptable codes of conduct does it say that wording or expressing yourself in a way that many would take offense to it, is the best way possible to word you expressions?? or do you think it is ok for people to retaliate this type of expression back toward the direction it came from?...(you)

Quote:
What beneficial purpose does Christianity have? All the good parts are sound human values adopted from older cultures and belief systems. The ten commandments are excerpts from ancient Egyptian sun worship. The traditions are pagan traditions modified to fit Christianity. The image of Jesus evolves in time with the culture the figure is worshiped in. Christianity is a plagiarism of humanity.

Apparently some beneficial purpose, or validity behind it, for all these other pagan religions that Christianity "supp." plagiarised are not around or heard of anymore....but yet Christianity, is around for 2000+ years...and I doubt it will ever be completely abolished altogether....
Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 10:18 am
@Ticomaya,
You've got a gall talking about anyone else being a horse's ass. You came here looking for trouble. Nothing obliged you to comment. You did it because you wanted to pick a fight--and yet you talk about me being a horse's ass.

Clown

Hypocrite
Cyracuz

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 11:28 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Apparently some beneficial purpose, or validity behind it, for all these other pagan religions that Christianity "supp." plagiarised are not around or heard of anymore

They are, actually. Did you know that Christianity can be classified as sun worship?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 01:18 pm
@Cyracuz,
Quote:
They are, actually. Did you know that Christianity can be classified as sun worship?

No, but this I would be interested in hearing most definiatly...though I am very skeptical indeed of this....

If it is what I think it is, I do not believe that Jesus Christ is symbolized as the sun...
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 02:19 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
--and yet you talk about me being a horse's ass.

... because you are a horse's ass.

Quote:
Clown

Hypocrite

Putz
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 02:21 pm
Bite me, ass wipe.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 04:09 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
....but yet Christianity, is around for 2000+ years...and I doubt it will ever be completely abolished altogether....

Yeah. That's what the sun worshippers of Eygpt said.

Joe(how they doing?)Nation
Intrepid

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 04:39 pm
@Joe Nation,
They finally realized that the sun could do nothing but warm them and cause sunburn.

Christianity has endured where other beliefs have waned.

Intrepid (hopeful to remain in faith) Intrepid
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 08:41 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If it is what I think it is, I do not believe that Jesus Christ is symbolized as the sun

It is not an unreasonable comparison. The ten commandments are known in a slightly different version in the egyptian book of the dead. Where the bible says "you shall not..." the egyptian book says "I have not...", and there are a few more than ten. But it shows that the ten commandments are not given by god; they are merely inherited from an even older religion.

In depicting Jesus, it is very common to place a glowing halo around his head. A sun?

Some think of the story of Jesus death and resurrection may be a metaphor for the sun's travel over the horizon over the course of a year.

The holy cross is known from pagan times as the sun cross. Often depicted with a circle through it. This relates to the zodiac, and the celestial objects as they move across the sky.

There isn't really anything in Christianity that wasn't known before it's time in some other guise.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 09:32 am
@Cyracuz,
then why is it still around?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 09:39 am
Becuase delusion knows no bounds . . .
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 01:53 pm
@Setanta,
Does that include living off of science and math...and putting your faith in other mortal men and women who are just as evil as everyone else from time to time?? here on planet Earth?
failures art

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 02:04 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Does that include living off of science and math

You think science and math are delusions?

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

...and putting your faith in other mortal men and women who are just as evil as everyone else from time to time??

Men and women just as evil as everyone else? Who is left after men and women?

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

here on planet Earth?

As opposed to where? Specifically.

Your post was very confusing.

A
R
T
Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 02:31 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
How do you allege that i "live off" science and math? Upon what basis do you assume i "put faith" in anyone or anything? You don't make any sense--but that's nothing new.
0 Replies