Cyracuz

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 08:16 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
and since God's existence is not part of reality

That's not what I said. I said that whether or not god is real is irrelevant to me. God is an idea, and i can embrace and work with that idea. I also know that the very minute I say something about it, it is not god anymore. It's just words. A point religious people rarely seem to get. I find it ironic how christians let their religion get between them and the message...

Quote:
Why do you participate in theists, atheists, threads?

Because neither theistic or atheistic fanatics have a monopoly on the spirituality of human beings.
For this thread, the prospect of a white jesus has more to do with culture than religion.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 08:25 pm
@Cyracuz,
Ok. fair enough...

Now so that your not a barking hypocrite, do you believe you can give these words of great wisdom to your boy failures...Since he seems to think God is relevant to him, in reality...

That he willingly plays the game, and chooses to do so...By making this thread directed toward Christians?....

He said something along the lines of : I am interested from a Christian perspective, then when I gave mine, he jumped down my throat...Or does the rules change since he truly was out to fight against religious?? Rather than their opinions??
Cyracuz

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 09:18 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
He said something along the lines of : I am interested from a Christian perspective, then when I gave mine, he jumped down my throat...

That's religion for you. A relationship with god is personal. The scriptures and dogmas are merely instruments of social control. When you claim to be a prophet from god, you take those instruments of social control and use them to intrude on the personal relationship of another person.
This is why I think religion should not be practiced socially. At it's core, religion is about feeling connected to everything else. It is a contrast to the singular, cut-off identities we grow up with.
Religion is not science. I'm having a hard time deciding who's more foolish; the atheists who seek to disprove god with science, or theists who seek to discredit science with their beliefs. What I know for sure is that neither got the message. They are too full of themselves and their beliefs, their knowledge and their opinions about the messengers.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 09:52 pm
@Cyracuz,
Could it be that one is trying to spread the words of God, is a Prophet, but makes mistakes...like everyone else...

And is not trying to make it about themselves, nor do they get the messenger wrong...just maybe the way the portray their message from the messenger is lacking, and they do not know how to identify, and correct that...only thru practice, learning, and participation in forums such as this?? So that they really have no hidden agenda's and are not trying to intrude on other personal relationships with God, or personal relationships of belief of No-existence of a God?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 03:14 pm
@Cyracuz,
I like your thought pattern.....
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 11:05 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

To equate a perceived likeness of Jesus or any other symbol of religion with the truth of theology is, in my opinion, a rather narrow focus of a huge subject.

Here is the thing. The point is, a huge majority of christians would refuse to accept a Jesus that was not white. There has to be a reality to it and if he was not white then the reality is they could not accept it. It goes further when you reveal to them that there is a high chance that he was not white yet they refuse to accept that. This shows that they don't care about truth, they want what seems good to them. If this is the case with just his appearance, then whats to say they wouldn't do the same for other topics, perhaps more meaningful ones. The rejection of truth for what feels good is a typical christian perspective.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 02:52 pm
@Krumple,
Who says they would do this if they found out Jesus was not white??

I already stated, and others agree, his appearance is not extremely relevant...But him, and his message is...If they found out tomorrow Jesus was dark skinned...Then they would care less what his appearance is...But the fact he is real and alive...Would be the factor they hold on to...and You would know Christ, was Christ just by seeing and looking at him...And would feel compelled to gravel at his mere presence...

Quote:
The rejection of truth for what feels good is a typical christian perspective.

Could I not say Atheists do the above...And could do everything you stated in your post, about rejection of truth, and rejection of more important things??
0 Replies