Road To Super Bowl, 2011. You Can Pretend To Know About The NFL!

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 06:28 pm
Teleflora...men are idiots for looking at women like sex objects...even better!
spendius

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 06:30 pm
@realjohnboy,
As near as I could make it with my stop-watch there was 137 seconds of playing time in the first quarter. And it took 52 minutes on my wall clock.

The rest of the time was much too cerebral for a back to back winner of the Pick-Um Championship to understand but it sure had a macho underswing about it.

It took a team of 7 to toss up. Aldous Huxley was spot on.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 06:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
Careerbuilder.com....another "men are idiots" spot...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 07:06 pm
Steelers have to get better.
I am curious as to who is thumbing down Hawkeye's posts re advertisements.
Why?
JPB

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 07:14 pm
@realjohnboy,
Dunno. I'm curious why this "act" is half-time entertainment.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 07:20 pm
People are cheering. I don't get it.
Ceili

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 07:21 pm
Christ, the blackeyed peas suck! Horrible sound, off key...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 07:22 pm
@JPB,
A preachy half time sermon...way to **** up football NFL bosses. More being treated like 5th graders is so not what this nation needs right now...
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 07:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
I am also annoyed that so many of the commericals tie into Fox products, thinking of Kia and Coke making their spots about Fox movies, and I think there have been others...And I really dont need to hear Katy Perry's Teenage dream again for a long time...It was on Glee last night as well..
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 07:31 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
I am curious as to who is thumbing down Hawkeye's posts re advertisements.
Why
Some people want me to shut up....but the message of the commercials was the biggest take away story these last two years, and the NFL handling of the B. R. situation is one of the biggest stories of this regular season....The overt PR program of this super bowl is a big story. It is very clear that the NFL put a lot of pressure on FOX to not allow any commercials that could even remotely come into criticism from the feminists. Men looking stupid is still OK though... The half time preaching is almost certainly tied to an NFL image making project also, but from where I sit all it does is indicate to me that the NFL is not something that I want to support.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 07:43 pm
It's a game!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:00 pm
A game going the wrong way to me now.. Driver, Woodson, Shields, eek, the injuries.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:06 pm
Has there been a discussion re the two yellows on the trou? We think GB is slightly darker.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:07 pm
Fiat spending a **** load of money on a commercial trying to sell us a story about how Detroit is a great city??!! I hope that they have no intention of trying to sell me a car after telling that lie..And I sure hope my tax money did not pay for that whopper...
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:08 pm
We can't see the commercials. Stupid canadian tv blocks them. I don't have the nosebleed channels, so I'm outta luck.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:10 pm
@Ceili,
The commercials are all on youtube - or I think they are. I checked them out a bit ago, but didn't keep the link. I'll post it if I find it.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:11 pm
@Ceili,
Quote:
We can't see the commercials. Stupid canadian tv blocks them. I don't have the nosebleed channels, so I'm outta luck.
as soon as the game is over you can get them online..not sure if it is from fox or rather the NFL. By tomorrow there will be loads of commentary on them, as we Americans watch the SB as much for the commercials as the game.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Here's what I was checking out -
http://www.youtube.com/adblitz
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:25 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_lBEWS6K9Q
Here a bunch of people form a giant stick figure that runs across the football field.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:31 pm
Thanks osso.
Hawk, most of the American sites block Canadian viewers as well. Sucks, cause we watch so much American made tv shows and the like, you think they would appreciate our viewers.
Many of the videos people put up on this site, we can't watch. I think the Aussies have the same problem.
Youtube hasn't punished us though, so I will check them out.