Should human rights be taken away from someone if they are diagnosed with schizophrenia?

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 06:45 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Lets say you are correct in your analysis!

Would you think that someone that has gone to such an extent might be in need of attention?

Do we all not need attention?
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
A lot of attention for alcoholism.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 01:42 am
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Well wow you looked me up? You are Smart. But hey since you say I put down a grand total of 2 posts. Go ahead click on my name. Read my profille. Then look at my topics. Read then from beguining to end. If you wish to apologize that would be fine too. You seem to have little or no medical knowledge that is obvios. So read a little from the medical proffessionals in this site see what they said. Heck life is short and you got a grudge. Put it behind you. I been righting in this site since the first. Its about a 50-100 page diary of my treatment and symptoms. Get imformed and put this dilusion youre having behind you. Learn something. Pleasent reading. Oh Ps Im following you so it should be easy to find me.
Cyracuz

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 02:02 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Peter, that comment about checking up and a grand total of 2 posts was from me, but it was not about you. It was directed at theEnlightenedOne.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 08:48 am
@Cyracuz,
Woops sorry. Smile Thanks Cyracuz. My mind gets going at full speed sometimes and dont see things as clear as it should. And Im sorry I got posts jumbled up. You are an inspiration to me. Its not easy admiting ones faults publicly as I do here. I am far from a perfect image. Someone posted something about me possibly drinking. I have drank in the past. I occasionaly still drink a beer...wel its usaly half of one over hours till it gets flat and I ended trowing away. I supose that if you average it out comes out to about a beer evrey month or 2. I have drank in the past simply to quiet my brain or voices or thought proccess. Its been years since I have drank like that but during those times I drank more than I should. Sometimes it was way too much. I dint know about my diagnosis and dint understand it back then. That has not occured wile posting here. I want to give a clear and accurate picture of how these medications are afecting me. So besides being a no no in mixing alchohol with these medications, it would also destroy my efforts put forth in here. Again I do want to thank evreyone for posting no matter what the coment. It helps to understand what I am comunicating in these posts or jornal im writting. Again thank you evreyone.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 10:34 am
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Can you go into detail?
0 Replies

triathbee

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 10:38 am
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Ok before you walk around insulting people who are experiencing things you can't, don't, and never will understand perhaps you would be enlightened enough to enlighten yourself to the medical condition that pete has before you pour into his site and uneducated response such as the one you have?
Since I deal with pete on a day to day basis i can assure he is not under the influence of alcohol. Thanks for appearing uneducated tho your name is not to your credit. Very Happy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 10:50 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Hiya, pete.

When I introduced myself to you on your apology thread, I suggested that the use of the "ignore user" option might come in handy. I think your "enlightened" friend may become a good candidate for that option. You've been hanging around internet forums long enough to know that you're going to get all kinds of feedback --- some helpful, some not so much. Fortunately, here, you can block out from view those who are only interested in causing you grief.
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 12:06 pm
@JPB,
To work is good. Its healthy for the mind. All people should work to be healthy. Before one can do so, one must do certain things such as take a shower, shave and get out of the house looking for a job instead of complaining about side effects of any medications and what the mind is doing or not doing. Peter appears to be be organized enough to communicate on the internet and get his ideas across without much difficulty. Hence, Peter is certainly capable of SOME work/job. One has to be responsible for their own actions, regardless of what hand God has dealt them. Peter needs to take his lemons and make lemonade like Nash and quit whining to get sympathy.
Cyracuz

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 12:13 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
I have a friend who is in a very similar situation as Peter. He tried to "man up" and get on with it. But few employers are interested in someone who needs so much of their energy just to endure their own existence, and in the end his efforts to work his way out of it just ended with him being stuck even deeper in it because of the demoralizing reception he got around work places. Most people who don't know someone with a mental illness are like you. Judgmental and insensitive self-lovers who would rather turn their backs and get on with their lives.
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 12:49 pm
@Cyracuz,
Food for thought: Some people might not only know people with mental illness, but may have mental issues and overcome it, being in a uniquely insightful position to comment on the issue.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 12:50 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
I do find you to be very intellectual but you are retarded just like the rest of us in some areas of thought just as I am more retarded than you in some areas that you have studied more passionately than I have!

You seem as though you have traits of OCPD ! { don't we all? }

http://www.ocdonline.com/articlephillipson6.php

Maybe you do not have OCPD, only you would know for sure if it is true because the patient seem to have a better understanding than anyone else!
Cyracuz

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 12:52 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Yes. Some people might. But if you are one of them, and this is the understanding you came away with, I suspect your recovery was almost incidental.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 12:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I do find you to be very intellectual but you are retarded just like the rest of us in some areas of thought just as I am more retarded than you in some areas that you have studied more passionately than I have!

Important point to remember. Thanks for the remider. Wink
0 Replies

TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 01:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
There is not need to charge the discussion with negative affect. It will impair your ability to reason, Reason Logic. Let's keep it neutral to encourage freedom of speech.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 01:27 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
I do agree with you, if you are saying we should not bring negative emotions to the table of a constructive discussion!

I was being honest with you when I said we all seem to have traits of OCPD! Do you disagree?
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 04:17 pm
@reasoning logic,
You are correct. I have a strong superego and am rigid in my thinking, but do not meet full DSM-IV criteria for OCPD. I try not to antagonize, live and let live, but sometimes feel compelled to comment on the life of others, particularly when they invite comment as Peter has. I also have a touch of Narcissism, Generalized Anxiety, Social Phobia, Alcohol Dependence in Sustained Remission and a Mood Disorder in Sustained remission.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 04:46 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Like I have said, I do find you to be way more intellectual than most people that I have come in contact with.
I do have a question for you though! Could you have possibly took a little more time in sharing what you thought to be enlightening with Peter so that it would have come across as a little more constructive, even if what you were saying was to be true? Or is this the most advance way of conveying an idea to another human being?

Quote:
Some people love attention and sympathy by creating stories and sharing them with the world. Peter appears to be one of these persons. Gets drunk, ramble some with bad spelling while intoxicated to get attention and then passes out. Think about it.

The reason that I asked is because you made this very brilliant comment!

"In my opinion"

Quote:
There is not need to charge the discussion with negative affect. It will impair your ability to reason, Reason Logic. Let's keep it neutral to encourage freedom of speech.

Is there any possibility that we all have some sort of mental retardation when it comes to ethics and logic? Or could there be someone that has an empirical understanding of all things?
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 04:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
All thoughts are false since they are conceptualizations, summaries of what is. The Watcher, that which can not be described with words has the Supreme Intelligence. The Watcher is within and without, observing. You are correct, it is wrong to fight fire with fire, attack Peter as he attacks others with feigned degree of disability looking for sympathy. I work towards becoming more enlightened daily. But, I am very human.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 05:03 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Quote:
I work towards becoming more enlightened daily. But, I am very human.

Welcome to our group!