Should human rights be taken away from someone if they are diagnosed with schizophrenia?

TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 05:07 pm
@reasoning logic,
Thank you. I now deserve my karate yellow belt. :-)
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 05:12 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
No you deserve way more than that because in my opinion you are able to accomplish what many of us fail at, " Being intellectually honest with ourselves!
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 11:57 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
So Back to the topic. You seem to be well informed in this disease. What are you thoughts in it. I am assuming you are saying that we should not medicate the patients with it. Maybe is the medicine thats doing more harm than good. For in your eyes evreything is fine and dandy. I am now assuming that you are either a medical proffessional or you do alot of group theraphy. You did in certain words say that you have substance dependence in remission? So i assume you hang around the AA halls daily. So Im gona treat your disease as you are treating mine. You are not drinking now quit crying to other people in your AA hals Man up. Quit being a wimp. You are not drinking so you have no problem. Quit crying to other people. Remission blah no such thing you are cured. Man up you drank now you dont theres no such remession. Its all in your mind. Stoop crying. Again thank you for posting you seem to be smart. Clueless but smart. Oh hope I dint offend you mr druggie or alchoholic in remession.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 12:47 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Ok that was uncalled for. I know I am sorry I am sure this front you are putting on is for some personal reason. I am sure like the rest of us you have problems you seek help for. I am not saying you are less of a person for doing so like you have been implying in your coments about me. But it seems you have something personal against me posting the conditions of this disease. Maybe parents or friends that had it that you are angry about I am not sure. I am posting a jornal of my disease and the effects they are having on me. Please quit calling me a wimp because I have trouble overcoming this disease. What ever your personal problems are, Please be frank if they bother you, express your concers. Most people would just rather burry this disease away and say it dont exist in order to make themselfs feel better. It seems to be what you are doing here. Am I right? Well keep posting I am still trying to figure out what personal problems you have against people with this disease. I am sure if you give a detail acct of your experience that was soo negative against someone with my disease we could rationalise it. As I been doing in this jornal I been posting to help myself and others I look only to benefit the research and understanding of this disease. Please keep it to questions and not personal attacks. Thank you
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 03:19 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Ok I ran it tru my mind trying to understand what you were saying enlighten one. I believe you are telling me to stop taking this medication and man up. Sounds like good advice. It seems you have somekind of medical back ground. Just for so I understand who I am talking too. What are youre medical crudentials?
Cyracuz

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 04:54 am
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Quote:
I have a strong superego and am rigid in my thinking

I'm there with you. Considerable effort goes into revealing my superego and free my thinking from practiced patterns, but it is hard. And often a success at this reinforces the ego in the other end by letting us feel a sense of accomplishment which we may identify with and feel "superior" for a while.

Your first posts here gave me an impression of you that I now see was wrong. I thought, "oh no, not another loudmouth with his head up his ass", but I see now that that is not what you are at all. I may seem like one of those myself at times, and sometimes perhaps I even am.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 05:54 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I would not let him get to me Peter, He made a comment to you that he should not of made and it was not helpful.

We all at times speak as if we know other people's problems when we can not even know all of our own!

If you need help stick with the professionals in the fields that they have studied!

There are some great Neuro Scientist, Neuro philosophers and psychologist on you tube! Here are some of my favorites!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzT0jHJdq7Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EREriwV71mA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3YOIImOoYM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IhhK-foddE&feature=related

0 Replies

TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 12:51 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Peter, you help others by sharing your experience. It would also be helpful to others with your condition if you share what you are doing to overcome your condition. You report taking medications. Is there anything else that can be done? Therapy, groups, support systems, social workers to help with resources that might be available to you to assist you in getting a job if you are unable to do so on your own? The public appears to have a perception that people with schizophrenia are 100% disabled and this is not the case. Show us what can be done. Turn lemonade into lemonade.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 04:40 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Ok now I understand. You are a cooncerned tax payer. Well my condition right is that I cant ride inside a car without extreme anxiety attacks. Last time I was inside of a car I had to get out and walk back. I gotta look down or something besides the road when I ride the bus. I have delusions about what people are tinking about me while they stare at me in public places. I wasnt like this. This all happened to me in last few years. Like this disease is progressing. When I dint know of my diagnosis I could not understand why this was happening. Now I have a better grip on it because I know it can be delusional. So I can fight against it. I am currently working with the medical comunity to see if they can lessen these symptoms. I post in this site not to cry about my condition. This site helps eliminate delusions. By asking others for theyre point of view it helps clarify mine. Right now the medication I am on lessens some of my symptoms. I am working to a day when I can walk and be in a vehicle without panicking. This panick is not fear is like a brain overload. Like its trying to find evrey possible scenario for something. And all those scenerios is what puts me in panick. I post up here because even if I die tomorroy maybe my experiences will help someone in the future. My memory is like a goldfish now is like when I am trying to concetrate on something my mind just disregards it and goes to another subject. Sometimes it takes me days to do something that should be a simple 3 minute minute task. Yes I too was a working tax payer as yourself. My condition has oly gotten this bad in the past few years. I asked the doc at the VA if maybe enviromental causes could do that. She replied no. So maybe at least I can get the right combination of drugs so that I am able to fuction somewhat in society. I am going to the doc to see if they can treat my condition. Working right now is impossible in my view but hopefull with the right medication someday I can be a productive member of society again. Thank for that. I appreciate when someone asks instead of assuming my condition. And this question I am sure will help others with my condition as they read and are able to say :hey someone else is going thru this I am nott alone maybe I can overcome this. Please ask more this benefitial.
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 06:54 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
What kind of voices do you hear? One, two or several? Are they male, female, indistinct, commenting on your behavior, telling you to do things? Do they tell you that you are good, bad, or other things? Are they deep and demonic or do they sound like angels? Are they scary to you or have you gotten used to them? If they are scary, what do you do to make them go away? If they are not scary, do you enjoy their company? How can you tell that the voices are not your own thought?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 10:21 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Good and evil is perception. There is no ultimate good and evil. If a tiger kills a zebra from the point of view of the zebra thats evil but from the point of view of the tiger hey thats a good meal. Same with evreything else. My voices are discutions about evreything. Alot of it turns out to be delusional. Of course I dont realise that till after the fact. Its what I call my thought proccess, Like having 2 or more people discussing something. Sometimes there loud and demanding on one side and the other trying to make logical sense of it. Yes alot of it comes out as orders. I dismiss alot of it as delusions. Of course as its happening it dont appear as a delusion. Like right now theyre telling me that you are my brother. Probaly delusional can you corfirm this as a delusion to me? Well anyways the problem to me comes when i get conviced of something. I get was called a grandiosy felling. Some other places in my topics they posted a clip from don quixode in a play. It is exacltly what I feel like during those episodes. Also its like I am in a constant battle in my head. I get tunneled vision were the only thing around me that matters is the discusion im having in my mind. When my mom or someone interrups this proccess I get realy irrate. Its not what I mean to do It just come out as soo and I stay that way for a good 30minutes after wards. It usto be longer but now that I understand whats going on I am able to reconize it and bring this felling down. Also when I am in the tunnel vision state time seems to leap foward. I am not sure how a normal mind works I can only ddescribe my. I dont have any visual haluccinations that I know of. Its all auditory. I hope that kind of explained some of the quetions you were asking. Thank again for asking please ask more so I clarify any perceptions that you may have about this disease.
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 09:13 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I have thoughts which come to me as people I know and these thoughts that I have sound like the voices of the people I know. Just trying to understand your experience.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 05:55 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
My are not unfamiliar to me. I considerate it part of my thought proccess. Hmm think of a 2 headed creature. It may have 1 body but 2 minds. Constaly arguing about evreything. Untill I knew of my diagnosis I thought evreyone thought and heard the same thing as I did. I lived a productive life knew people said thinks like hes crazzy or he was in saudi thats why hes like that. I dint understand what made me different. Its only been till recently that I found myself in this disabling condition. I dont consider the thought proccess a handicap. In my field in steel work it was an asset. I was constaly picturing diferent scenarios. Accidents better productive ways to work. I pictured 50 man working and how far each stage of the work should be along. It made one of the safest if not the safest team in the country. As long that the only thing in my mind was work then it worked fine being a skitso. I was excelent at multi tasking. I am at a lost in how I went from that to the condition I am in now. That is why I am so concerned. If this is proggressive then how much worse can it get? My voices are just that pretty much almost always the same ones. Its all I know. Someone was trying to explain to me how a normal brain works. I said to myself wow that would be so boring. One voice? Who do you discuss your thoughts with? I guess I need a comparison I am still not certain on how a normal brain works. Could you describe to me how your thought proccess works. That way I can tell what differs from my to yours. Thank you.
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 08:02 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
My thoughts are like the ones you are describing.
High Seas

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:27 am
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Your thoughts, "Enlightened One" are nothing like what Peter is describing, and that's going by your own words on the previous page, where you wrote:
Quote:
...The Watcher, that which can not be described with words has the Supreme Intelligence. The Watcher is within and without, observing....

Also on the previous page is a post by JPB advising Peter your posts make good candidates for using the "ignore" function available on this forum. That's wise advice and I hope Peter will think about it and take it, because, "Enlightened One", you strike me as a deeply deranged person of bad faith.

No useful purpose can be served by reading your paranoid rants. Another poster to be ignored is the Indian man going by "Reasoning Logic" (what is non-reasoning logic? never mind!) posting random babblings in hopes of improving his English. Joining an ESL thread might help - hint, this is not it!
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:33 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:

One voice? Who do you discuss your thoughts with?

Hi Peter! You have plenty of people to discuss your thoughts with. Here online, at the VA, others whom you meet in your daily life; you don't need to talk to voices in your head! And you write much more clearly since you started your new medication. Don't let a few posters confuse you with their ignorance, like "reasoning logic", or outright bad faith, like "enlightened". JPB, Triathbee, and practically everyone else here dispense good advice - listen to them Smile
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:56 am
@High Seas,
Thank you for the complement!

Quote:
Don't let a few posters confuse you with their ignorance, like "reasoning logic", or outright bad faith, like "enlightened". JPB, Triathbee, and practically everyone else here dispense good advice - listen to them Smile

Quote:
practically everyone else here dispense good advice - listen to them Smile

Are you really being intellectually honest with yourself? Really?

What was the bad advice that I gave Peter so I will know, that it should not be used anymore? The only advice that I recall is that he should stick to the advice of those who are experts in their fields "You know like Doctors"!

Why should Peter take my advice or your advice over that which his Doctors give him?

TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 06:07 am
@High Seas,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:54 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
Don't let a few posters confuse you with their ignorance, like "reasoning logic", or outright bad faith, like "enlightened". JPB, Triathbee, and practically everyone else here dispense good advice - listen to them Smile

What was the bad advice that I gave Peter so I will know, that it should not be used anymore? The only advice that I recall is that he should stick to the advice of those who are experts in their fields "You know like Doctors"!

Since you're trying to learn the language here you're excused for this misunderstanding: "ignorance" (my word) isn't the same as "bad advice" (your words); I never once mentioned any "advice" you might have given, whether good or bad. Try to read more carefully.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:59 am
@High Seas,
I can realy tell the difference under this medication at these doses. When I first wake up before I take them my mind is going too fast. And that makes me some what Irrate and delusional. Triathbee has more contact with me than anyone else. And she has had personal experience with a family member afflicted with this disease. I type more in here than I speak with my own mother in the room next door. I dont seem to be able to comunicate well face to face. The chat boxes in the game comunity we are in seems to come easier for me. So when she types anything, those words are the ones I most respect. As knolegeble about my condition. She said she can tell some changes so I will ask her to post some up here. I am trying to understand what elighteneds concerns are. If you can just post them clearly for me I would much appreciated. And Heigh Seas and evreyone else in this site I know I said it before but I cant just thank you enough for helping me thru this proccess. Thank You!