Fasting Diet, Input needed

Thu 30 Dec, 2010 06:03 am
Okay so here's what I eat almost everyday:
two glasses of warm water with lemon
1 banana
1 orange/apple
and perhaps a glass of milk/2 roti's (for those of you who don't know its like two slices of brown bread) and indian vegetable curry.
and every three days I have an egg for the protein.

I also exercise in the evning which burns another 400 cals.

So please tell me if what i'm doing is very bad for me and whether it'll start screwing with me metabolism and start burning protein instead of fat.

At the beginning of this diet I weighed 123 (56) lbs at 5 feet three inches and after two weeks I weigh 117 lbs (53). I plan to carry on with this till I become 106 lbs (48 kgs)
please discuss this with me..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,732 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

Setanta

Thu 30 Dec, 2010 06:05 am
It looks healthy enough--but what comprises the curry? How many total calories do you take in every day, and apart from your exercise regime, about how much do you burn in your daily life (job, school, etc.)?
divyangana

Thu 30 Dec, 2010 06:07 am
@Setanta,
I'm a college student so I walk around an average amount.. but sit around in class and stuff mostly during the day.
and my calorie intake is just about 500-900 cals depending on the day.
the curry is usually cabbage, carrots, onions.. home made stuff.
Setanta

Thu 30 Dec, 2010 06:18 am
@divyangana,
Well, i would say that you're perhaps not taking in enough calories. If you could eat rice, for example, not long before your daily exercise routine, that might help. It looks like you're getting a good balance, and the banana provides the potassium your muscles need--500 calories is definitely not enough, 900 just barely. It all looks good, just scanty. Can you add some rice or some nan before your exercise?
jespah

Thu 30 Dec, 2010 06:49 am
@Setanta,
Definitely not enough calories. Try using a calculator (or talking to an actual doctor) and getting some more objective #s:
http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html
0 Replies

catherin

Wed 13 Feb, 2013 03:11 am
@divyangana,
Hi

In y opinion everybody have to give more importance to their diet.Everybody have to take more nutrient food.Moreover this all have to do regular exercise and yoga.
Thanks.
0 Replies