The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

JTT

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Isn't that something? Men [women too] want to control what people do with their own countries and lives. Disgusting! They need to live in the 21st century.

And how disgusting is it, CI, that all those upstanding, law abiding Americans who tout the rule of law as central to what makes their country great, support the carnage both actively and passively.

But it's completely understandable of course, because Obama has explained that the war crimes of Bush et al should be forgotten because "America is going thru a tough time".
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:35 pm
@H2O MAN,
And what you do on a2k is disgusting! One liners without anything factual or note worthy.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:37 pm
@ButchBitchPriscilla,
I haven't caught up with reading the last few pages yet. I saw that there was talk of a truce amongst some of people here about hurling insults at each other. That would be great.
I started this thread some 14 months ago to talk about the subject in the title. I am pretty damned proud of it but obviously I am disappointed that some people seem to find it amusing to insult each other or drift drastically off topic.
I cannot dictate rules but I am curious as to why there are people seemingly eager to kill an otherwise reasonable discussion.
Wouldn't it be rewarding to start your own topic and see how many folks you attract?
ButchBitchPriscilla

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:44 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
reasonable discussion.

Get over youself missy! its a forum, discussions go from one extreme to the other.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:48 pm
@ButchBitchPriscilla,
Really? No need to stay on topic?
Do you have anything to add to this forum?
ButchBitchPriscilla

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:51 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
Do you have anything to add to this forum?

I could ask you that question since you started the thread but haven't contributed with the exceptions of a few copy and paste articles.
sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:54 pm
@ButchBitchPriscilla,
He's contributed a lot.
sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:57 pm
@sozobe,
Anyway, moving on. Maine caucuses results will be announced tonight.

Romney did finally get some good news, he won the CPAC poll, so the whole "I'm a conservative, I swear" thing seems to have worked out well for him right now.

Question remains whether he'll box himself in by going way conservative to win the primary, and then have a hard time pivoting in the general.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:00 pm
@ButchBitchPriscilla,
You are very wrong about that.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:02 pm
@ButchBitchPriscilla,
You might want to contemplate the difference between 'contribute', and 'disrupt', Bitch.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:17 pm
@sozobe,
CPAC poll: Romney @ 38%; Santorum @ 31%; Gingrich @ 15%; Paul @ 12%
JTT

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:20 pm
@roger,
Quote:
You might want to contemplate the difference between 'contribute', and 'disrupt', ...

Interesting comment, Roger. While y'all sit here and stroke each others egos, do you see any parallels in, say, just two examples - Iraq or Afghanistan?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What's your point cupcake?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Who knew you were such a libertarian CI?

You know, there are men and women who want to control what people do with their money, and their property, and their businesses. There's even some evil mothers who want to control what what young children think.

They are called Democrats.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:31 pm
@ButchBitchPriscilla,
ButchBitchPriscilla wrote:

(You) started the thread but haven't contributed with the exceptions of a few copy and paste articles.

That is amusing, since I have never learned how to cut and paste, despite help from A2Ker's. I prefer to read articles and to then spend time trying to summarize from various sources what I read in writing that is as balanced a way as I can. I think I have contributed. You must have me confused with someone else. Is that correct?
JPB

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:32 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'm semi-surprised Romney did this well with conservatives. I wonder how much of that is "electability".
JTT

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
You know, there are men and women who want to control what people do with their money, and their property, and their businesses. There's even some evil mothers who want to control what what young children think.

They are called Democrats.

That's pretty rich, Finn. You wouldn't be in the middle of a weekend drinking binge, now would you?
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:35 pm
@ButchBitchPriscilla,
BBP, anything goes here so long as you agree with the dumbmasses, but say anything that offends the easily offended A2K clique or something they don't agree with and they will dog pile you.

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:37 pm
@JPB,
Right, I was thinking the same.
0 Replies