Lack of Sex

mikebb

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 05:32 pm
At the start of the relationship my girlfriend and I would have sex almost every day for a few months. It started to exponentially decrease for some reason I cannot understand. There were a few times she had hardware issues and then other times she says she's stressed and isn't in the mood. Then claims she has never been a sexual person and sex isn't important for her which somewhat makes sense. So now we're amounting having sex maybe once or twice a week. I frankly can't take this **** anymore. I'm around 99% sure she's not cheating because I'm with her most of everyday. So how do I get her more engaged or should I just end it?

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 05:36 pm
@mikebb,
Seriously add the plus and minuses of the relationship. Taking also into an account whether you can envision yourself together with this person for a long time.

No one else can make this decision about your relationship especially since we only know about one side of one issue and that's your view on your sexual relationship.

If there isn't anything greater in value in this relationship then a physical attraction? Then of course, do both of you a favor and end it posthaste.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 05:45 pm
mikebb, from what I can gather of your attitude, she'd be better off without somebody like you. Twice a week is not enough for you and you have to ask on some dickweed web forum what to do? Plus you suspect her of cheating to some extent. ("around 99% sure") Sheesh. What a piece of work. Maybe she just doesn't fancy you any more. Sex is not just about humping, you know, it's also about feelings, about how we feel about a person. I'm surprised she screws you at all.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 05:50 pm
Speaking as a woman, I think sex a couple of times a week is perfectly healthy and normal. Life can be busy and stressful and it does not put one in the mood for daily sex. I don't think I wanted sex everyday even when I was 18. I imagine there are other young men (I'm assuming you are young) who would like sex everyday, but I have known few young women who would be that game. I also agree with the others here that mention if this is such an important part of the relationship that you should move on and find someone with a libido as high energy as your own.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 06:14 pm
@mikebb,
I would be more concerned about her comments about having never been a sexual person and sex isn't important for her.

If you consider yourself a sexual person and sex is important to you, then take her at her word. You have a compatibility problem.

It's rare for the frequency of sex to increase as two people age together in a relationship.

All sorts of things work for and against relationships, and the notion that if you truly care for someone any and all extraneous difficulties can be overcome is romantic but unrealistic.

If you and your girlfriend are compatible on some levels doesn't mean you should ignore those levels on which you are not. There isn't any reason to believe that you will not meet someone with whom you can enjoy the same levels of compatibility...plus sex.

Based on what little information you've provided, it doesn't appear that you've made a commitment to her. If there is anything to be gained by "modern" relationships, surely it is the luxury of time in which to determine the degree of compatibility before a commitment is made.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 06:30 pm
@mikebb,
Oh, you poor thing.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 11:53 pm
I think you answered your own question, don't you? Why do you expect the dickweeds on this forum to know what you might do about someone who just isn't into you.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 03:55 am
I found this comment particularly telling - he clearly thinks a woman's primary role is as a sex machine:

Quote:
There were a few times she had hardware issues

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 08:37 am
@mikebb,
mikebb wrote:
... I'm with her most of everyday. ...

Actually, I think this is the part that's most interesting/concerning. Most couples -- even committed, loving, highly sexed ones -- have apart time. Even if that's just when one or both parties are at work. There is something to be said for not just having other experiences and friends, but also for having enough faith in one another that you and your partner aren't, essentially, under surveillance all the time.

I'm curious about the ages, the duration of the relationship and the perceived commitment level. I'd say it should be kinda troublesome if the parties have been together for less than 6 months, are both under 25 and are attempting to be fully committed (and are potentially coming up short). Less of a problem if the parties are in their 50s, it's been 5 years and there's an open agreement to be able to see other people.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 09:59 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
Sex is not just about humping, you know, it's also about feelings, about how we feel about a person.

Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 10:12 am
Hardware issues?
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 10:13 am
@George,
Her plumbing
George

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 10:30 am
@InfraBlue,
Oh.

I thought maybe he was boinking an android.
jespah

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 10:38 am
@George,
My company doesn't make those.

Yet.
contrex

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 11:38 am
@George,
George wrote:

Oh.

I thought maybe he was boinking an android.

He might as well be as far as he is concerned, it seems. Probably why she lost interest.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 12:23 pm
@jespah,
had to laugh, i'm listening to the history of howard stern and they just finished discussing the real doll they ordered as i was reading this post
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 01:10 pm
Hey mikebb,

If you want more sex with her, then you have to be more romantic; flowers, dinners, presents, dates, get-away weekends, concerts, lingerie, etc. Make her feel special, but do not smother her, and do not talk to her about sex.

You can do it!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 01:25 pm
@mikebb,
Mucho sex is common in the beginning, but it winds up occurring a little (or a lot) less than that as time goes on. As others said, there are many reasons for this, and usually your deeper feelings take more precedence than sex. B

ut to think of dumping her because you're not getting enough is a little bizarre to me. Seriously. Why else were/are you interested in her? You're still getting lucky once or twice a week, which I think is perfectly normal. However, that is apparently not enough, so I'd suggest you dump her and find someone else. Although I'd like to point out that that's probably going to be the same frequency with someone else.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 01:46 pm
@mikebb,
Buddy, End it now because if you feel like this already, it will only get worse,
it will fester, you will end up resenting her and making her life as well as yours a misery.
But just as a matter of interest, so you know in my experience nympho's are few and far between. Confused
0 Replies

aze1526

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 05:12 pm
So you're considering to end the relationship due to the fact that she doesn't wish to have intercourse more than a couple times a week? If that's the case, then all she ever was to you was a sex buddy. A couple times a week is fine, and sometimes there are other things in life than sex on her mind. If you maintain this exact attitude in all your dating endeavors, the same situation with each of them is going reoccur. If you are in a committed relationship and your partner doesn't wish to have intercourse every day, you have to learn to respect your partner's wishes and actually care about the stress in her life. Sex is a bonus to a relationship, not the cause of one. I think you should end it with her, not because of the lack of sex, but because she needs to be with someone who will value her for more than physical desires.

By saying you're "99% sure she isn't cheating," that means you don't trust her. Trust is an important factor to create a solid foundation in relationships. Respect her privacy, she's an independent individual who can still have her own life while dating. Same goes for you. She's not your property, and you can't accuse her or suspect her of anything unless you have valid proof. Trusting a partner will save trouble, time, and effort.

Getting lucky two or three times a week is normal; it doesn't at all mean that they are cheating. Stress from the daily routines and activities tend to put people out of the mood, no one can possibly keep up milking you everyday.
0 Replies