Fibromyalgia?

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 11:44 am
@sozobe,
It is one of the diagnoses that you wouldn't want to hear for yourself.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 10:03 pm
@Fido,
http://www.nvchiro.com/art

I had a lot of problems with my hip and the muscles in one leg were very tight. I went to a chiro who practices ART or Active Release Technique. It's a form of deep tissue massage, but it only takes a few minutes and the relief was almost instantaneous, albeit painful.
The doctor presses on pressure points while moving the limb in a series of patterns/movements. You might want to look into this procedure, it was very helpful.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 10:15 pm
@sozobe,
Subconscious desires have been blamed for many years. for many episodes. That may have been true, on occasion.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 08:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
thanks for your analysis, I relayed your wisdom to my psychiatrist and she upped my dosage of Thorazine. I'm feeling much better already. she says the shuffling will decrease eventually.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 01:01 pm
Anti-depressants are one thing used for fibromyalgia.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 03:41 pm
I suffered a moderate case of fibromyalgia several years ago. I will answer all questions for fidty cent.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 03:57 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

thanks for your analysis, I relayed your wisdom to my psychiatrist and she upped my dosage of Thorazine. I'm feeling much better already. she says the shuffling will decrease eventually.

Whenever I can make life just a little bit better for old codgers in cowboy hats, I sleep better at night, so thanks for that Dys.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 08:27 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

http://www.nvchiro.com/art

I had a lot of problems with my hip and the muscles in one leg were very tight. I went to a chiro who practices ART or Active Release Technique. It's a form of deep tissue massage, but it only takes a few minutes and the relief was almost instantaneous, albeit painful.
The doctor presses on pressure points while moving the limb in a series of patterns/movements. You might want to look into this procedure, it was very helpful.
Will look into it... I drove some Chinese friends to Chicago yesterday for passport renewals... The one woman knew English pretty well, but the woman who asked for my help knows little... On the way back I made the run from Indiana to Lansing non stop, in a world of pain.. The girl I know and her son slept, but the other two women talked the whole way, and I don't know a word of Chinese... I just turned on my music and plugged in, tuned them out and drove... The better shape I get into the less I can bear driving, and I am good at it, really... I can handle weather, and traffic, and knock on wood, have a sense for where the cops are; but that pressure just kills me after a while..My wife has that plantar fascitis that art is suggested for... I will mention it to her. thanks
0 Replies