Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 05:37 pm
Setting aside all of the issues of chrono-paradox, if you had free reign to roam throughout history and end one person's life before they start rolling and preserve another's that has been cut short, who would you choose?

For preservation, I'm thinking Martin Luther King, Jimi Hendrix or Richard the Lion hearted

For preemptive snuffing, the usual suspects: Hitler, Stalin, Kaiser Willy, Mohammed, LBJ, and Paris Hilton.

I reserve the right to defer my final picks to the end of the thread.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,320 • Replies: 13

boomerang

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 05:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
What if you killed James Earl Ray -- two birds, one stone.

I have no idea who I'd pick but I'm interested in what others have to say.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 05:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Setting aside all of the issues of chrono-paradox, if you had free reign to roam throughout history and end one person's life before they start rolling and preserve another's that has been cut short, who would you choose?

For preservation, I'm thinking Martin Luther King, Jimi Hendrix or Richard the Lion hearted

For preemptive snuffing, the usual suspects: Hitler, Stalin, Kaiser Willy, Mohammed, LBJ, and Paris Hilton.

I reserve the right to defer my final picks to the end of the thread.
Sure??? Richard the Lion Hearted; perhaps responsible for the deaths of 3000 at Acre... He would have to be at the top of my list for instant extermination... He got it and deserved it.... What a butt hole...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 06:08 pm
I suspect that had JFK not gotten himself killed, the Vietnam War would have fizzled. The 1964 Civil Rights act might have taken another form, but I believe it would have yet come to pass.
Fido

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 06:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I suspect that had JFK not gotten himself killed, the Vietnam War would have fizzled. The 1964 Civil Rights act might have taken another form, but I believe it would have yet come to pass.
What a nutsack... Sure, he would have got us out of Vietnam... The best general we had told him to on his death bed... Butttt first, he had to get re-elected... You see why things never get better under the democrats??? Out of their desire for power they let the republicans push them right into acting like republicans... They have no honor and no principals... Not to say principals are any substitute for intelligence, but they might be a step in the right direction...
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 06:58 pm
@Fido,
And you are saying the Republicans have honor and principles? Drunk
Fido

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 08:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

And you are saying the Republicans have honor and principles? Drunk
They have principals where their brains should be... And as one smart cookie said: If they say it is not the money, but the principal of the thing, it's the money... It's the money...
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 09:05 pm
@Fido,
Once they get to Washington, both parties have been big disappointments. The Democrats have been somewhat on the side of the common American to a greater degree than the Republicans, which is the only reason I bother to vote.
Fido

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 09:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Once they get to Washington, both parties have been big disappointments. The Democrats have been somewhat on the side of the common American to a greater degree than the Republicans, which is the only reason I bother to vote.
They act like they got a heart, but they need a head... They like to get beat up like a blind drunk by his wife... It is pitiful to watch them run for election... It is like they cannot bear to beat the republicans... For example, if some one tells the truth about you explain it, if you can... If they tell a lie, just don't deny it, but call them a good damned lying piece of ****... Isn't that the truth??? You stand up for it and you stand up for yourself and accept nothing less... The problem is that there is always enough truth in every lie to protect the liar, and that is where the democrats need more honor... But, if they had honor no one with money would give them a cent... Never trust and honest man -goes the saying...
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 09:31 pm
@Fido,
Democrat voters have honor and know what they want. The politicians screw it up. That's still no good argument to vote Republican - who are more decisive, but they remind me of gutting a fish when tending the needs of the people.
Fido

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 10:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Democrat voters have honor and know what they want. The politicians screw it up. That's still no good argument to vote Republican - who are more decisive, but they remind me of gutting a fish when tending the needs of the people.
Many democratic voters are just good hearted people who consider the broad range possibility of government to do good... Many just realize the failed principals that guide the republicans in their choices are bad for the country, the people, and the economy...When I have voted republican it is in the expectation that they are going to explode the economy... Their morals are false and immoral, but power for democrats or republicans is corrupting.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 11:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Shortened life:
Hitler
Geo. Dubyah Bush
OJ Simpson
James Earl Ray
Sirhan Sirhan
Charles Manson
Ted Bundy
Jeffrey Dahmer
Dr. Ted Kaczynski (Unibomber)
David Berkowitz (Son of Sam)
Gary Ridgway (green River Killer...responsible for 40+ deaths in WA/Ore area)

Prolonged life:
Abe Lincoln
MLK, Jr
JFK
Bobby Kennedy
My mother
Jesus
FDR
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 11:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'd like to hunt down the inventor of the hypothetical question

and alleviate anyone caught short
Fido

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 05:02 am
@Miss L Toad,
Miss L Toad wrote:

I'd like to hunt down the inventor of the hypothetical question

and alleviate anyone caught short
Good reply... There are no Imaginary Cases... There are no hypothetical morals... I am only interested in what people say and why... As in the previous reply... Abraham Lincoln did far more good dead than alive... I am very afraid that he was corruptable, and did often take the side of big business... If the object is to do good with life and not do harm we might all invite death... I am not going to leave the only show in town for some meaning: Good, that will mean nothing without my life...
0 Replies