More Protein And Less Refined Carbohydrate Is Best Way To Keep The Weight Off

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 04:36 am
Quote:
The best way to keep the weight off following a diet is to eat more protein like lean meat, low-fat dairy products and pulse foods such as beans and lentils and less high glycemic index (GI) foods such as carbohydrate from white bread, white rice and other refined starchy foods, said researchers conducting the world's largest dieting study; they also said with this regime you can also eat until you are full without having to watch the calories and without putting weight on.

The researchers found that among adults who lost at least eight per cent of their body weight following a calorie-restricted diet, the ones who were most successful at keeping the weight off and least likely to drop out during the six months of follow up, were those who maintained a diet high in protein and low in refined carbohydrate (foods with a high glycemic index or GI).

Source and full report

Original article in the New England Journal of Medicine >HERE<

Editorial about this topic in the New England Journal of Medicine >HERE<
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,419 • Replies: 2
No top replies

High Seas

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 04:55 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You mean you haven't invested 89 minutes to watch the most successful YouTube biochemistry video?! That article just confirms it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
0 Replies

Carters

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:58 am
yes this is a god way to keep eat your choice foods and loss you weight you used refined carbohydrates,.
0 Replies