Should I buy a car and relearn to drive

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:10 am
After a long period of time (15 years) I have decided to drive again and maybe buy a car. I feel scared behind the wheel as I have not done it for so long. I am thinking hard of getting lessons again and then buying a car. I feel scared too. What if I crash? What if I kill myself or someone else? What if I stuff up and find I can't do it. I have no car to practice in so lessons are my only choice. Are these fears natural? Will I ever get my skills and confidence back? I have my licence got it 15 years ago but never owned a car.

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:31 am
@allycat48,
Take driving lessons (I suggest at least 10) and then you will feel safer
being on the road. Reading up on new traffic laws would help too. Then
make sure you drive at least once per day to get some practice and you'll be
comfortable driving a car in no time. Good luck!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 12:05 pm
@allycat48,
Do you need a car? Do you commute to work? Need transportation to visit family? Run errands? Can you afford a car payments, the legally mandated car insurance, gas or fuel costs, preventative and upkeep maintenance costs, etc...?

You haven't established the whys on why you want to learn to drive?

If it's just to overcome your fear of the above mentioned anxieties? A noble cause if they are not too overwhelming and entrenched in your system.

How have you gotten by these past 15 or so years?
0 Replies