. . . she broke up with me because I am unkind, cheap, and lack common
sense. . .
How shallow of her!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 08:16 pm
@brokencdplayer,
brokencdplayer wrote:

Well, a few hours after I posted this question she broke up with me because I am unkind, cheap, and lack common sense. What a relief!

Sad You should really take the next few weeks and mull over her reasons for a break up and see if what she said has any truth.

Then perhaps ask an indifferent friend for second opinion. Compare the two revelations then try to make some social adjustments if you find yourself in some lonely/unhappy place.

Good luck to the both of ya ~ you and your exgirlfriend.
0 Replies

buenosopal

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 10:44 am
@brokencdplayer,
hey sweets Smile
well are yu really really low cos of this?? Smile
chill...worry not..
atleast ur "love" and the trust factor is intact.

,so now all u need to do is to get her on some tit bits of fitness regime.
just half an hour MAX a day. 6 days a week.

NOT all those heavy running and jogging and gymming and jumping and weights.
nope!! not at all....neither dieting.

all she wud need to do is 20 - 30 mins of SURYANAMASKAR ( saluting the sun).
thats it.
its a YOGA regime.

browse the internet to get the details.
very very simple steps and hugely beneficial in weight loss/ fitness/ calm mind/ boost of concentration. (w/o any diet control).
beautifull body, mind and skin Smile
go for it dude!!

You yourself too join in to accompany her in this.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 07:58 pm
Well, dude, I think this girl is letting you off easy. Hope she makes herself beautiful, then snubs the likes of you.

And, I was all dressed up once upon a time on a fabulous date. This guy seemed to love the way I looked, what I was wearing. Then he noticed my sandaled feet, all toes showing and said, "Hey, you really should shave your toes." So, I did, and have ever since. Guys with foot fetishes don't like hairy toes. This one, when he called, would say, "How are your feet?" Lucky me didn't marry that one. Still gets me laughing. ha ha ha ha ha ha
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 12:56 am
Her body, but you are concerned about how you feel about yourself.

This seems to be a reflection of selfishness. Not meant as an insult, but frankly you're not trying to convince anyone here that you want to date her as much as you are wrestling with your feelings towards yourself.

A
R
T
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 01:29 am
Quote:
I'm expecting to get mostly "your shallow" type comments but am I? No one is attracted to a 500lb morbidly obese can't-leave-the-room individual, but where is the line that suddenly makes one shallow over body issues?

Actually, when I first read this last week or whenever it was first posted, I thought it was a very interesting question.

Where IS the line that makes one shallow over body issues? If it's okay for me to say I wouldn't go out with someone who is 100 pounds overweight, why is it not okay for someone to say they wouldn't go out with someone who's 10 pounds overweight?

I don't think the shallow part enters into it by degrees in terms of how MUCH extra weight they carry (or how much hair they have on their toes as opposed to none at all - that was funny Pemerson).
I think it enters the picture when 10 extra pounds can or does negate a wonderful sense of humour, or sparkling and kind personality, or intelligence or any other quality that one might have fallen in love with.

Because I had this conversation with my husband once and I asked, 'If I had been overweight - would you have asked me out?' He said, 'No - probably not.'
We were in a restaurant having this conversation and the waitress was a lovely young girl, but you could see her hair was visibly thinning and so I asked, 'If I had had that problem, was losing my hair at the age of twenty, would you have asked me out?'
And he said, 'No - probably not.'

At first, I was appalled and I thought he was being shallow and this surprised me, as I know he's not a shallow person. But then I thought about it and I realized that I was asking him these questions from the standpoint of him having known me and all the good things about me and thinking he would have negated all of that because of a weight issue and thinning hair.
But then I realized that's not what I was asking him - I was asking him if he'd have been interested in getting to know me further in a romantic way if I'd been physically different from what I was.
And it's totally legitimate for him to say he wouldn't.

And I do think it's good to ask yourself exactly how much physical appearance matters to you when considering a relationship with another person.
I was just reading somewhere that one of the main reasons men lose interest in women and sexual relations with them is loss of attraction toward them because of weight gain.
If you know that's an issue for you - point yourself in the direction of the more ectomorphic women from the start - that's what I'd advise.
You'll save yourself and the woman a whole lot of future frustration and pain.

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 01:32 am
I just wrote humor with a u without even thinking about it - I've been converted!
Ionus

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 07:46 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
I just wrote humor with a u without even thinking about it - I've been converted!
Very Happy Keep up the good work!!
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 03:23 am
@brokencdplayer,
Hey, don't be afraid of loss man! As long as you're throwing yourself out there, there's always going to be someone else.

You could also subtly hint for her to work out with you. You could also be direct like me and just tell them they're fat and need to lose weight. I wonder why girls break up with me so quickly.....
0 Replies