17
   

California again?

 
 
Mame
 
  3  
Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 08:29 am
Get a grip on yourself, dlowan. We have a different opinion on the matter than you do. Don't need any scientific studies to back up an opinion. You are over the top when you say it's mutilation and assault. It's clipping a bit of skin; I've done that when I clipped my baby's nails. They scream for a few minutes then it's over. Whoa. They also scream for a few minutes when they get smacked on the bottom when they're born.

I don't think it's necessary, but I also don't think it's as big a deal as you're making it. You need a break from your job. Good thing you're taking a couple of weeks off or you'd be frothing at the mouth after a few more rounds on this topic.
joefromchicago
 
  3  
Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 09:57 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
And you should learn to read before projecting onto me some nonsensical argument I never made.

I quoted the argument you made. You posited that, if someone supported infant male circumcision, they should also support female genital mutilation. Explain how I misrepresented your argument.

dlowan wrote:
Hint: Reading my threads about fighting female genital mutilation might help.

Provide some links and I might -- although I don't know how the arguments you might have made on some other thread are going to help you explain your argument here.

dlowan wrote:
Good grief...you I expect some rationality from. What IS it about this topic that makes people so emotional and hinders their reading comprehension?

Really, this must be some kind of joke. You bring up the equivalence of infant male circumcision with female genital mutilation and then accuse me of being irrational and emotional? Truly it is to laugh.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 12:21 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Good grief...you I expect some rationality from.
What IS it about this topic that makes people so emotional
and hinders their reading comprehension?

Really, this must be some kind of joke.
You bring up the equivalence of infant male circumcision with
female genital mutilation and then accuse me of being irrational and emotional? Truly it is to laugh.
I 'm not "so emotional" about it, but I 'm sure glad that I got circumcised when I was a few months old.
I have no opinion qua female genital mutilation.
I don 't usually encourage it.





David
0 Replies
 
georgeob1
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 06:46 pm
@Mame,
Agreed.

I actually occasionally go sometimes two or three days at a time without worrying about circumcision.
0 Replies
 
Sturgis
 
  2  
Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 02:45 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
No "real and honest" men can't recall stuff from infancy.

Neither can unreal and dishonest ones.

Your point would be?
The first and main point is that it's not the major issue that deciided you've it as being. You ranted that it's "mutilation" and "assault" it isn't and as stated men have not a recall that it happened.


The second point is summed up by you, "Neither can unreal and dishonest" but the web is littered with their bellyaching how awful and diminished it has made them feel, a few claim that they hate their parents because it happened and twice a "man" making the rant, was later revealed to be a woman, and there have been a few that were later revealed as having been intact still, after they screamed that it was the most heinous thing which ever befell them.

Again, men haven't any recall that they were circumcised n their first days, again, it isn't assualut, it isn't mutilation, it isn't violence the that you decide to dress it up as. As Mame indicated, a baby makes noise when beiing smacked on the rear, hell, a baby, even a toddler screams and screams when theyy're having their face washed and the cloth presses hard. Hell, we'd better be to stopping washing a baby, let them wallow in filth since cleaning them elicit can elicit crying and screaming which means a bath is assuault.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 03:59 pm
@Sturgis,
dlowan wrote:
No "real and honest" men can't recall stuff from infancy.

Neither can unreal and dishonest ones.

Your point would be?
Sturgis wrote:
The first and main point is that it's not the major issue that deciided you've it as being. You ranted that it's "mutilation" and "assault" it isn't and as stated men have not a recall that it happened.


The second point is summed up by you, "Neither can unreal and dishonest" but the web is littered with their bellyaching how awful and diminished it has made them feel, a few claim that they hate their parents because it happened and twice a "man" making the rant, was later revealed to be a woman, and there have been a few that were later revealed as having been intact still, after they screamed that it was the most heinous thing which ever befell them.

Again, men haven't any recall that they were circumcised n their first days, again, it isn't assualut, it isn't mutilation, it isn't violence the that you decide to dress it up as. As Mame indicated, a baby makes noise when beiing smacked on the rear, hell, a baby, even a toddler screams and screams when theyy're having their face washed and the cloth presses hard. Hell, we'd better be to stopping washing a baby, let them wallow in filth since cleaning them elicit can elicit crying and screaming which means a bath is assuault.
I remember that in the first few years of life in my naborhood, with the other kids,
it did not even arise as a topic of conversation.
There were no expressed objections to it.





David
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » California again?
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/13/2021 at 12:17:05