Boyfriend loves a lot (so he says) but is abusive and insecured!

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 09:48 am
Its been 6 months.We have met quite a lot of tyms but he stays in another country for work purpose.
He is very very decdicated...infact too ,much for anybody's comfort! But insecured at the sametym..not that i two time or fool around minus him, but he is so so so very complicated and asks too many questions all the time...i mean any damn body would get dead tired answering his endless questions and the THE CONCLUSIONS...
He has even abused me 5 tymes by now.And abuse as in BAD BAD BADLY!! Irky, dirty, foul languages he would use, at the fit of his anger.And anger too for trivial stuffs! like, 1ce i was out with my bro in law and calld him 4hours after going out as it was raining bad. That irked him up so much,he started using filthy sexual abuses with my bro in law!
I felt so insulted, so put down, so DIRTY...CHEAP...
Watever i say is less...really!
He is as if alwas in the fit of fighting or quarelling with people. cant manage any damn thing properly. he has so far quarelled with my father, mother, his own uncle, aunty and cousin brother.
i chucked him and he attempted suicide. And now he is literally begging me to get on the track...like we were before. But i am simply not able to forget all those insults. i am a bit egoistic by nature and ya, my self esteem has alwas mattered a lot.
He has been endlessly, patiently coaxing me for a month now, calling ISD. i feel sympathy for him, at the sametym the ANGER. i plan to leave him and no more entertain his calls, but then start thinking, is that the right decision?? what if i regret later???
It is indeed difficult to get so much a committed guy like him.
He is giving, responsible and dedicated.

Please advice wat i should do.pls!

URL: http://able2know.org/post/ask/

jespah

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 10:58 am
@buenosopal,
Leave him. Don't let his threats of suicide derail that. He is a big boy and is trying to manipulate you.
contrex

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 02:57 pm
Leave him. Do not throw away your life for him.

0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 09:16 pm
He is a jerk. Walk away. Period.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 10:39 am
@buenosopal,
Quote:
It is indeed difficult to get so much a committed guy like him.
He is giving, responsible and dedicated.

Committed to what? Making your life miserable???

I know someone who married a woman who would threaten suicide. Almost 20 years, and three kids later, he finally got up the gumption to leave what turned out to be a horrible marriage.

Your bf is a manipulator, and a control freak. If you stay with him, it will get only worse, not better.

Leave now, and make it clear that you don't want to hear from him again. Change your phone number, and unlist it if you have to. This guy is toxic, and will only cause you grief.
buenosopal

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 10:30 am
@Phoenix32890,
well i totally agree with watever u said in here and perhaps thats why i am here asking for u ppls' suggestions Smile
thanx bud Smile
well changing num and all not required as i well know.. he will respectfully stop if i really want it to.
but u wont blv, its been OVER A MONTH that i have been ignoring him, it is not that he is coaxing me to love him and all but is defntly asking for forgivness and WANTS TO rectify his faults. for that he needs me. even if not like the previous intimate actual relationship stuffs but to "build up the compatibility" if possible.
all he is asking these for is cos he really loves me and want to "do" things for me.
so he says.

moreover u know...i even noticd initially like i used to be quiet and subdued whenever he got angry or abused (verbally), i have been shouting at him and insulting and dismissing him all these one and a half months but he is so patient...really and accepts his guilts. wants to rectify, but WITH my sup.

he is really a man with self esteem, not to bend like this, as i have known him long.
0 Replies

buenosopal

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 10:31 am
@jespah,
thanx jes!well i have posted smthing more below my page about this...pls go thru it
0 Replies

buenosopal

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 10:32 am
well i totally agree with watever u said in here and perhaps thats why i am here asking for u ppls' suggestions
thanx bud
well changing num and all not required as i well know.. he will respectfully stop if i really want it to.
but u wont blv, its been OVER A MONTH that i have been ignoring him, it is not that he is coaxing me to love him and all but is defntly asking for forgivness and WANTS TO rectify his faults. for that he needs me. even if not like the previous intimate actual relationship stuffs but to "build up the compatibility" if possible.
all he is asking these for is cos he really loves me and want to "do" things for me.
so he says.

moreover u know...i even noticd initially like i used to be quiet and subdued whenever he got angry or abused (verbally), i have been shouting at him and insulting and dismissing him all these one and a half months but he is so patient...really and accepts his guilts. wants to rectify, but WITH my sup.

he is really a man with self esteem, not to bend like this, as i have known him long.
spidergal

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 11:41 am
@buenosopal,
Quote:

Emotionally secure guys/guys with a high self-esteem will not resort to abuse, physical, verbal or sexual. If your boyfriend has gone that lane, he is surely not someone you want to risk your future to.

And him trying to redeem himself by bearing your insults in silence, etc., just seems like a trick to get you back. He's a parasite who's afraid to lose his host.

I'd advise you to walk out of this relationship.
0 Replies

truthseeker66

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 09:56 pm
@jespah,
Leave NOW RUN get help talk about it! Good luck. I talk from experience.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 11:32 pm
This man will not change. so many women think a man will change and all the time they are mistaken.

Do not see or speak to this man again. he is trying to manipulate you into doing what he wants.

He will eventually become abusive either physically, verbally or sexually or all of these.

0 Replies

aze1526

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 02:13 pm
Partners in relationships who are abusive like that are dependent on people for their happiness, and over dependency leads to minor or major cases of obsession. Now before people begin biting my head off, when I say obsession, I don't necessarily mean stalking or other extreme behaviors, but it could be as minor as to looking at their facebooks every five minutes no matter what you are doing just to check to see what they are up to or what their friends are saying to them. He is so dependent on his relationships(romantic, family, friend, etc), that in his mind, he has drawn impossible expectations or standards to live up to, maybe certain things he plans out on you doing exactly, but if he is disappointed, then he goes into a rage from his unrealistic goals. Don't let him threaten you by saying things that would normally guilt you such as suicide. I know it's hard, but if you have any shred of self respect or dignity, you will do what is best for the BOTH of you and leave him. Be strong, don't be weak enough as to succumb to misery.

A romantic partner is someone who makes you feel good about who you are, and they express appreciation for your character. A romantic partner should inspire you to be a better person and introduce you to new thoughts and ideas. If he doesn't inspire you, and if he doesn't accept and appreciate who you are as a person, then don't downgrade yourself to let him think so lowly or unhonorably of you. If you are strong and you think you deserve better and you take action in representation of these thoughts, then you DO deserve better. But, if you stay with him to endure the torment, then you deserve exactly what you are getting because you refuse to give yourself better.
0 Replies