Identifying Political Donors

gollum

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 09:31 am
I wish to learn what political donations a particular corporation may have made. Where is that information available?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,220 • Replies: 7
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 02:48 pm
I think candidates must reveal their $$ sources. Start with the politician and work backwards.
roger

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 03:20 pm
@PUNKEY,
At one time, I saw a list of New Mexico contributors listing name and amount, so I know such a list is available. I just don't recall how I stumbled across it.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 03:43 pm
@gollum,
http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/
Setanta

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 03:59 pm
@gollum,
Thanks to a recent Supreme Court decision, you'll find that unions and corporations can contribute unlimited amounts of money, so long as it is not a direct contribution to a candidate--so called "issue ads" (which can easily target specific candidates) can be funded to any amount. They can spend whatever the please to advertise for the candidate, too, as long as the money doesn't go directly to the candidate.

You can read a summary by clicking here.

This money must be disclosed, but it won't appear in lists of donations to any particular candidate. You'll have to dig it up by some other means.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 06:34 pm
@engineer,
I believe that is by individual donor. I wanted by corporate donor.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 06:35 pm
@engineer,
I think that's by individual donor not by corporate donor.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 08:21 am
You might find what you are looking for here: http://www.followthemoney.org/
0 Replies