How do I get this stupid rug to lie flat?

cicerone imposter

Sun 3 Apr, 2016 01:35 pm
@roger,
Good solution. Or, I should say, best solution.
0 Replies

Glennn

Sun 3 Apr, 2016 02:35 pm
Years ago I had the same problem with a stupid-rug I bought. I returned it and exchanged it for a smart-rug. That solved my problem. Unscrupulous salespersons will always try to sell the stupid-rugs to unwary customers. Always ask the salesperson where you can find smart-rugs. Otherwise, they will send you to the stupid-rug aisle. There ought to be a law . . .
roger

Sun 3 Apr, 2016 04:27 pm
@Glennn,
Actually, they directed me to the smart rug aisle. They knew they would have a quick sale in the stupid rug department as soon as I saw the smart rug prices. I fell for it.
Glennn

Sun 3 Apr, 2016 05:55 pm
@roger,
This will both surprise and anger you at the same time, but you should be made aware of the fact that there is no difference between the price of stupid-rugs and smart-rugs. I was in Target one day and just happened to be standing behind one of the workers when she was talking with another worker on her walkie-talkie. I clearly heard the worker on the other end say, “Got another one heading to rugs.”

Curious, I followed her as she headed to the rug aisle. I had been following her anyway, so it really wasn’t out of my way (that’s right, I didn’t just happen to be standing behind her--I have a problem; big deal. I‘m working on it). Anyway, she turned down the rug aisle and I watched as she grabbed a long horizontal pole above the smart-rug area and gave it a turn. That flipped all the price markers to the other side, which then showed a significant increase in the prices of the smart-rugs. When the guy looking for a rug arrived and saw the price difference between smart-rugs and stupid-rugs, like you, he opted for the stupid-rug.

After following that worker around some more, I finally got up the guts to ask her out. I said, “Hey Judy, I’ve been watching you and I saw what you did in the rug aisle.” Long story short, I went home that day with a free rug (a smart-rug) and I’m now married to that woman. You never know when you’re going to run into Miss Right. All in all, a magical day.
ossobuco

Sun 3 Apr, 2016 06:02 pm
@Glennn,
I have rug stories, but I'm busy from being slammed from Max.
0 Replies

roger

Sun 3 Apr, 2016 06:07 pm
To everyone who has joined the thread in the past five years, "Welcome newbs to the thread that just doesn't die.
cicerone imposter

Sun 3 Apr, 2016 06:56 pm
@roger,
Now that you have solved the problem, it may die a slow death.
Glennn

Sun 3 Apr, 2016 09:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Has anyone mentioned hairspray? Lots of hairspray?
cicerone imposter

Sun 3 Apr, 2016 09:09 pm
@Glennn,
Tons of it with the spray still in the cans.
0 Replies

roger

Sun 3 Apr, 2016 09:48 pm
@Glennn,
They sell hair in a spray can? Does it look natural?
0 Replies

ZoeRob222

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 04:31 am
@DrewDad,
Nice thank you!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 12:38 pm
@Neil D,
In the computer room, I have a large chair mat and two long strips that goes from the door to the chair mat, and the other that goes to the closet area.
I could get rid of the long strips if I bothered to remove my shoes before I entered the room, but too lazy for that.
0 Replies

annieross371

Sun 22 Jan, 2017 06:44 am
@DrewDad,
I use this it works!
0 Replies

lmur

Sun 22 Jan, 2017 07:01 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

To everyone who has joined the thread in the past five years, "Welcome newbs to the thread that just doesn't die.

You could gather together the various strands of this thread and create a patchwork quilt.
roger

Sun 22 Jan, 2017 05:23 pm
@lmur,
Yeah. Now try to convince me it would lie flat when I roll a chair over it.
cicerone imposter

Sun 22 Jan, 2017 09:31 pm
@roger,
Roger, Get a cement drill......
roger

Sun 22 Jan, 2017 09:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You think a cement drill would make a quilt lie flat? I don't, even if you put one at each corner.
cicerone imposter

Sun 22 Jan, 2017 10:03 pm
@roger,
You need to use a screw with washer, and cover the whole shebang with a rug patch.
roger

Sun 22 Jan, 2017 10:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Screw and washer. I'm thinking the cement drill is going to weigh more than a screw with or without the washer.
cicerone imposter

Sun 22 Jan, 2017 10:38 pm
@roger,
I like your imagination. Do you have four drills? Bricks will work.