How do I get this stupid rug to lie flat?

roger

Thu 4 Nov, 2010 12:49 am
@Neil D,
Thanks. You can spend a lot more that $30.00 on a sizeable chair mat, by the way. You almost have to go with the heavy duty model, and still you get indentations from the casters if you usually sit in the same general area.
Ionus

Fri 5 Nov, 2010 07:54 am
Approved solutions :

1) saw the legs off the table and sit on the floor.
2) remove the castors from the chair.
3) bbq every meal.
4) shoot the rug. I saw this cartoon once and the bear rug was actually a duck.

Hope this helps.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Fri 5 Nov, 2010 11:51 am
"Under the Dining Room table, or any table that has a rug under it, it is much easier to maneuver the chairs for easy access to the table if there is at least 24" of rug from the edge of the table out on all sides. This will allow the back legs of the chairs to be on the rug, even when the chair is pulled out slightly while someone is sitting down. "

cicerone imposter

Fri 5 Nov, 2010 11:57 am
@roger,
I have one of those plastic shields over my carpet where my armchair sits by my computer. It keeps the carpet clean, and I can move the chair (on casters) without any effort.
Pemerson

Fri 5 Nov, 2010 12:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sure took long time for someone to suggest that if you have a chair that has to roll over carpeting from the computer to the desk constantly, you have to buy a heavy duty vinyl mat. There's just no other way!

roger

Fri 5 Nov, 2010 12:56 pm
@PUNKEY,
Oh PUNKEY, I just hate that. Instead of finding a rug to fit between the table legs, all I had to do was get one big enough to fit under the table legs. Where were you when I was shopping for a rug.

Ionus, your suggestions all sound effective. You've simply got to learn the difference between effective and efficient.
Ionus

Fri 5 Nov, 2010 05:34 pm
@roger,
Quote:
You've simply got to learn the difference between effective and efficient.
Difference ???? You mean spelling ? Not my forte.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 5 Nov, 2010 05:37 pm
@Pemerson,
Sometimes what seems to be the simplest of problems turns out to be more difficult to solve. Not many of us work with rug on cement floors.
0 Replies

alexander1984
  Selected Answer

Tue 17 May, 2011 12:37 am
@DrewDad,
Damp it retributive a bit, not lavation but soften (on the gage indorse) and then recording it vapid on the control using funicular tapeline or corresponding. You'll condition at lowest one different individual, to exploit you satiny it and bear it field and watertight until you get it recorded fallen. Result it until it dries, a few life should do it.

The championship of your rug has gotten rumpled in displace. Wetting and exercising it is equal exercising a tent before craft.
roger

Tue 17 May, 2011 02:08 am
@alexander1984,
Well, I've given it a few lavations since I first posted the question. I'm pretty sure that's as good as dampining it, unless it needs to dry on the floor. I'm not sure I want to exercise it.

It's an old question, but thanks for the answer.
dadpad

Tue 17 May, 2011 02:17 am
@roger,
Remember to excercise your tent roger
roger

Tue 17 May, 2011 02:22 am
@dadpad,
I exercised it before setting it up, every time. I also give the laundry a good snap before hanging or folding it. Problem with this rug is that it has a very stiff backing, and is coated with something with a non-technical name that sounds like GLUE.

Okay, I didn't understand just every part of the instructions, but I appreciate the advice, anyway.
Ionus

Tue 17 May, 2011 04:05 am
@roger,
You are going to exorcise your rug ?

Quote:
I didn't understand just every part of the instructions
Your rug comes with instructions ???? Is it by IKEA and do you have three nuts and one bolt left over ????

Someone help me understand this stupid thread.....
roger

Tue 17 May, 2011 01:50 pm
@Ionus,
Oddly, my toaster came with a five page instruction booklet - in five languages. My computer came with a single folded sheet. No text, but lots of pictures showing me how to plug it in.
DrewDad

Tue 17 May, 2011 02:28 pm
@alexander1984,
Are we playing madlibs, now?
roger

Tue 17 May, 2011 03:40 pm
@DrewDad,
I continue to accept it as being helpful in intent.
0 Replies

Ionus

Tue 17 May, 2011 04:54 pm
@roger,
Quote:
my toaster came with a five page instruction booklet - in five languages.
Was english one of them ?

You know, for $3,000 /hr I can teach your rug to relax using my Hindu guru approved Confusion Zen method...or you could go for our two for the price of one special offer today only...you must decide quickly....

Quote:
No text, but lots of pictures showing me how to plug it in.
When computers first came out, a salesman friend of mine had to do a service call for someone who he had sold a computer too...they didn't want any fancy extras just a computer....then they rang up to complain they couldn't get a picture, so he traveled 80 mile into the bush to fix it . They didn't have a screen, keyboard or mouse....they thought all those extras were just to fatten the salesman's pocket .
Ionus

Tue 17 May, 2011 04:55 pm
@alexander1984,
Now THAT is a sensible worth while post....some of you here could learn from this....
0 Replies

roger

Tue 17 May, 2011 06:04 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
my toaster came with a five page instruction booklet - in five languages.
Was english one of them ?

No, British.
0 Replies

margo

Tue 17 May, 2011 09:13 pm
Alexander 1984 came and joined A2K solely to answer Roger's ragged rug question.

Now that IS imposing!