Should able2know ban people for having untoward opinions?

OCCOM BILL

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 01:50 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Seriously supporting rape, crime or violence on able2know is something that I will not host and that is not up for discussion. If someone comes here and advocates rape the content will be removed and they will be banned. We are talking about opinions that can be construed that way with a bit of hyperbole.
So far you have been willing to tolerate me saying that in the interest of collective health the definition of rape should be changed, that we should change our whole approach to dealing with sexual transgression. I however have never said that currently laws should not be followed until such time as we can get them changed.
On the contrary, you have stated that you think rape is good for mankind and routinely suggest most definitions of rape are not rape at all, even when they involve kids... and in the rape and sodomy of at least one drugged 13 year old, over her repeated protests, you described her as not particularly victimized by the relatively minor crime. It does not require hyperbole to construe these demented ramblings as advocating or supporting rape. That is precisely your stock in trade. Your double-check here exemplifies the thin veneer between the letter and the spirit described in my earlier post.

However, your groveling to Robert, and RM’s a few posts back, clearly demonstrate that your mutually disgusting behavior could be easily modified for the better by the very controls I suggested.
OCCOM BILL

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 01:55 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Bill, on that count, as Robert has been trying to tell you, you are at least as much a troll as Bill or Hawk.

In fact, for me your behaviour is more annoying because I am more reluctant to place you on ignore...and you are certainly more abusive in language and manner than Hawk is.
Like I said, I'd love to see that post count because I think you're buying a fish story from Robert on that count.
hawkeye10

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 02:05 am
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
However, your groveling to Robert
Considering that I have been a vocal critic and overall pain in the ass re site management I am sure you just proved to Robert that you are deranged.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 02:10 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Bill, on that count, as Robert has been trying to tell you, you are at least as much a troll as Bill or Hawk.

In fact, for me your behaviour is more annoying because I am more reluctant to place you on ignore...and
you are certainly more abusive in language and manner than Hawk is.
I 'm under the impression that a troll is a man who posts inflamatory messages merely to be PROVOCATIVE,
and who does not necessarily believe what he is posting; i.e.: he is a hypocrit.

I do not have the impression that anyone who has posted
to this thread does not believe what he said, that he is a hypocrit.

I might be rong; I 've only read a small percentage of this thread.

David
laughoutlood

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 02:22 am
@OmSigDAVID,
moot
OmSigDAVID

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 02:24 am
@laughoutlood,
laughoutlood wrote:
moot
HOW ?
hawkeye10

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 03:01 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
HOW ?
because in their mind intent does not matter, only reception. It is the follow on to the allowing anyone who claims to be a victim, claims offense, to decide what everyone else does. Once upon a time everyone was free to do what we wished so long as we did not impede others freedom, at that point we would have the two come together as equals and compromise out a solution. Now, with the victim culture that has turned malignant, the person who is most willing to play the victim, claims the victim mantel first, wins what ever they want from those around them.

It does not matter that I believe in what I say, I disturb the peace, I have made victims of the ones around me it is claimed, therefor I am wrong. The right not to be disturbed trumps my right to say what I think is true, because the ones who are disturbed claim to be the victims and thus calim that I am an abuser.That I dont think I have abused, that I had no intent to abuse, that it is actually my rights that have been take away in favor of theirs, all this does not count.
0 Replies

djjd62

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 03:40 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
No, the ignore function takes care of that issue on a person by person basis. There are those who do not use that function for personal reasons, but in deciding that, they decide to tolerate all opinions.

yep

it's funny i seem to hear the same complaints from a lot of the same people about the same people, either ignore them (technologically or otherwise) or don't

i do it on my own, sans technology, i skip all of biilr's post in any sociological thread and peruse his posts in most others, hawks i read about 75%
0 Replies

djjd62

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 03:52 am
to me the most annoying poster* is somebody in the political threads who seems to be of the opinion that if, i can just cut and paste enough boring stats over and over again, the opposition will be swayed

of course i'm to polite to mention names

*myself not included
BillRM

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 03:57 am
@djjd62,
Quote:
to me the most annoying poster* is somebody in the political threads who seems to be of the opinion that if, i can just cut and paste enough boring stats over and over again, the opposition will be swayed

LOL if Firefly would not keep posting false information about the same stats I would not need to keep posting the truth over and over now would I?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 03:59 am
@djjd62,
Clearly the data here shows that DJ's understanding of cut and paste based political posting is wrongheaded and backwards!
http://www.google.com/insights/search/#q=cut%20and%20paste&cmpt=q
http://i53.tinypic.com/9pxkm1.jpg
0 Replies

djjd62

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 04:01 am
as an aside, where can i see an example of a threaded discussion, i'm pretty sure i know what one looks like, but i'm curious
djjd62

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 04:08 am
and enough with the childish tags

i've tagged my own posts with stupid things because they're usually silly things, or odd news, but really demented misogyny, is that really someones actual reminder for threads they want to view, oh jeez, i just realized i haven't browsed the DM threads today

at least i'm honest enough about myself to admit i'm a childish douche
tsarstepan

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 04:19 am
@djjd62,
Maybe demented misogyny is some kind of self reflective admittance to a personal pride in a really underserved fetish? Umm... just saying not implying anything.
djjd62

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 04:22 am
@tsarstepan,
could be, but it's like tipper gore slapping advisory stickers on 2 live crew cds in the 80's, seems silly
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 04:24 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

as an aside, where can i see an example of a threaded discussion, i'm pretty sure i know what one looks like, but i'm curious

http://i52.tinypic.com/16a8fi1.jpg
I believe this is what he means when he speaks of threaded discussions.
High Seas

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 04:28 am
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

realjohnboy wrote:

(oops, I did not realize that this topic may be in response to a particularly controversial thread. I was responding to the general question. Sorry).
This was Robert's intent when he framed the question. He certainly didn't want anyone thinking about a brutal verbal assault on a senior citizen for bravely sharing a painful event. (Actual examples are just appeals to pity, you see.)

Everybody here is responding to the general question except for omniscient telepaths divining the intent of others and making dark references to alleged verbal assaults without courtesy of link(s). In the simplest terms possible, OccomBill: what are you talking about?
0 Replies

djjd62

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 04:31 am
@tsarstepan,
oof, i hate those

i like to see the text to know what i'm in for, i can decide in about the first line or two if i want to move on
High Seas

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 04:39 am
@djjd62,
Not to mention that people with small-screen portable devices / slow connections have to mark down unrelated graphics in order to read actual commentary on the page. Big-time boorish behavior on the part of those posting gratuitous content - permanent ignore saves time!
0 Replies

dlowan

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 05:08 am
@OCCOM BILL,
I haven't been sold ANYTHING by Robert. This is clearly visible to most, I think.

Whatever the post count your EFFECT is to keep the very behaviour that derails threads going endlessly, and your manner is so abusive that you would clearly have been banned for a time under old A2k rules.

I agree that Hawk's and Bill RM's views are supportive of abuse but, that doesn't mean that you are not highly offensive and, I think, ineffective in your tactics against them.