Should able2know ban people for having untoward opinions?

ossobuco

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 05:44 pm
@dyslexia,
Nicely vaporous. What level of accusation of me is that, or are you agreeing somehow?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 05:45 pm
@ossobuco,
the thread in question was hinky from the get-go and continued to deconstruct with every post thereafter.
ossobuco

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 05:50 pm
@dyslexia,
I just saw what you were responding to, duh on my part.

Tell me why you thought it was hinky. Maybe this isn't the place. Maybe we need to have a cup of tea. Not to argue by familiarity. But we could talk about this and have tea and yammer.
hawkeye10

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 05:52 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
It has become a contest about who gets the last word rather than a discussion about the topic's subject
I disagree....it is about 2 factions, both passionate and where there is no agreement about what the facts are. The battle is productive and necessary I think. That firefly and AM have decided to avoid alternative views to theirs is a shame...it is the classic shoving the head in the sand move..100% guaranteed to lead to self imposed ignorance.
Lash

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 05:59 pm
@dyslexia,
"HINKY!!!!" I haven't heard that in EONS!
dyslexia

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 06:00 pm
@ossobuco,
thread=can a woman ask to be raped?
4,375 posts so far.
totally hinky.
ossobuco

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 06:04 pm
@dyslexia,
Well, those are all the followers of BillRM, just listen to the vacuum going.. probably a Dyson.

Sorry, I'm a brat.
Butrflynet

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 06:39 pm
@Arella Mae,
Be sure to stock up on some more razor blades. They become dull after awhile.
Arella Mae

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 06:40 pm
@Butrflynet,
Huh?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 08:30 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

High Seas wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

Since this thread has gone right off track with what to call people who are not white...

On the contrary, PC avoidance is on the thread's main track - and please recall, we're looking for a one-word designation....

I must be lost in space. Pc avoidance thread?

Slowly but surely the truth has dawned on you - maybe see you at some point, online, on the off chance you're back from the wild black yonder Smile

Not as long as I read the drivel that you pen. If the pen is mightier than the sword, is a camera a weapon of mass destruction? Will you be submitting photos next?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 08:31 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Firefly and I have decided to completely ignore them and not respond to them. We are trying to get the thread back onto the topic and hopefully, we can keep it there.
[/quote]

Is this a promise you can keep?
Intrepid

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 08:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
It has become a contest about who gets the last word rather than a discussion about the topic's subject
I disagree....it is about 2 factions, both passionate and where there is no agreement about what the facts are. The battle is productive and necessary I think. That firefly and AM have decided to avoid alternative views to theirs is a shame...it is the classic shoving the head in the sand move..100% guaranteed to lead to self imposed ignorance.

There lies the entire gist of the thing. You accuse others of avoiding alternate views and consider them shameful for such. You say that they shove their heads in the sand.

Your avoidance and head stuffed in the sand are also quite obvious and evident.

Checkmate.
Intrepid

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 08:35 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

"HINKY!!!!" I haven't heard that in EONS!

Hinky? I thought he said kinky!

Smile
Intrepid

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 08:36 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Well, those are all the followers of BillRM, just listen to the vacuum going.. probably a Dyson.

Sorry, I'm a brat.

I think 3, 125 of them are by BillRM.

Wink
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 08:40 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

Firefly and I have decided to completely ignore them and not respond to them. We are trying to get the thread back onto the topic and hopefully, we can keep it there.

Is this a promise you can keep?
[/quote]

After I was made to realize how my behavior actually was hurting another person I had to really look at it and I didn't like what I saw. My intentions may have been good but they were also inconsiderate and selfish. I am going to keep that in mind. Please pray that I can stick to it because I do not want to cause any pain to anyone.
Lash

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 08:41 pm
@Intrepid,
I'll never be able to recapture the definition that I got. This one from the urban dictionary isn't even close.

hinky
the instant of knowledge when one becomes deeply aware that there is pure evil fuckery afoot.
She knew something was hinky when her husband returned from the store without his underwear...

My definition had to do with a guy in Vietnam, who alluded to a feeling that something is deeply wrong, but with a surreal...maybe inexplicable, supernatural twist. The first time I heard it used was by the homies in the State Mental Hospital...late at night as we were on watch of a really weird client.
hawkeye10

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 08:42 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:

Checkmate.
You seem to be having logic problems again....I have not avoided the counter arguments, in fact I am given extensive **** for confronting the counter arguments. You like Firefly can not tell the difference between avoidance and disagreement.
Intrepid

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 09:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

Checkmate.
You seem to be having logic problems again....I have not avoided the counter arguments, in fact I am given extensive **** for confronting the counter arguments. You like Firefly can not tell the difference between avoidance and disagreement.

In that case, it seems that Firefly is in disagreement with you rather than the avoidance that you hypocritically spout like a byzantine fountain.
hawkeye10

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 09:29 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:

In that case, it seems that Firefly is in disagreement with you rather than the avoidance that you hypocritically spout like a byzantine fountain.
The process by which you mind works must be fascinating...Firefly has vowed (according to AM) not into interact with either Bill or I in the Rape thread, that is avoidance defined. I have not vowed not to respond to her and her points. Do you see the difference?
Intrepid

Wed 27 Oct, 2010 09:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
The difference is that you are a complete ass that is full of ****. You are not worth the effort to press the ignore button. Do you see my point?