The PC sword strikes down yet another good man

Fido

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 11:42 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

To argue against professional journalists -- many of whom have degrees in political science and law degrees -- who have had the state or federal government as their beat for many years is to argue against expertise and competence.

There is a right-wing movement against expertise and competence.

I want to hear Nina Tottenberg interpret the mood of the SC. I want to hear those journalists who have covered the Defense Department, the Senate, the State Department for years and who thoroughly understand the currents, foibles and folklore of those institutions interpret the latest news for me.

I do not want to hear from some yokel who can not locate Washington, D. C. on the map shove his uninformed opinions in my face.

One of the best people I know of, who I have communicated with it Mark Shields... It does not mean he is not a captive of the form... He cannot see beyond his paradigm... I think he gets off on the powerful people he has rubbed shoulders with, and he does not understand their weakness before their form; that none of them can see beyond, around, or over it...

We are captives, and journalists who should help us to be free have used their privilage that we have allowed them to make certain we are less free... They defend what they consider to be their right... Well their right has been bought... Big money owns the mouthpieces of the people and their consciences... Why is it necessary to sell politician like toilet paper???... Is not one the same as the other??? I mean, if each representative represented the 30K considered fair by the constitution, then it might be possible for every person running for the people's house to know each voter, and ask personally for each vote...

How can anyone know let alone represent 600+ K from divided districts deliberately divided to deny representation to huge groups of people???? All those people, politicians, press, advertizers, and owners know the thing does not work, but they do nothing because nothing is what they think... They cannot get out of their box, so how can they help us out of ours???... They have become the enemy of the people and of our rights...

We are not living in an age when no major river in America had been bridged, but those people in that archaic time had more representatives per person by a long shot... Do you think none of them can figure out that we have been shorted of our democracy, and that is the problem, and that more democracy, complete democracy is the answer???...Either they do not care or they are stupid beyond belief...
plainoldme

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 10:00 am
@Fido,
First of all, I would suggest that you described, without knowing you described it, part of our problem: this country, like many others, has too large a human population.

Second, your post doesn't really answer my statement. There is an anti-competence, anti-knowledge, anti-sophistication* mode rampant in this
country. I think that people who realize they know nothing and are incapable of learning have bought this I'm-just-like-you line, I-am-Joe-Universal-Soldier. The sad part is the those doing the buying do not recognize the cynicism of the sellers.

* About a year ago, I read a definition of sophisticated solutions: that they are are generally simple, but, not simple as in without thought.
Fido

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 02:41 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

First of all, I would suggest that you described, without knowing you described it, part of our problem: this country, like many others, has too large a human population.

Second, your post doesn't really answer my statement. There is an anti-competence, anti-knowledge, anti-sophistication* mode rampant in this
country. I think that people who realize they know nothing and are incapable of learning have bought this I'm-just-like-you line, I-am-Joe-Universal-Soldier. The sad part is the those doing the buying do not recognize the cynicism of the sellers.

* About a year ago, I read a definition of sophisticated solutions: that they are are generally simple, but, not simple as in without thought.

Yes the people fear intelligence at the top, and in places like the Sup[reme Court there is nothing but establisment attorneys from the best East Coast schools... The prople fear intelligence because they realize they are powerless, and while government attract the best and the brightest that does not get the job done for America... The people all realize they could do it better, but if they were given democracy and the information relavant, it does not mean they could improve on the situation... Those in government conceal how close to collapse we are, and how morally defunct they are...

The very act of giveing the people democracy, putting them in charge of their own affairs, and a vote in all affairs likely to affect them would of necessity wipe away the whole and entire government as it stands... Yes we would be in better shape if we had many more repesentatives, and we would never have reached the state we are in with proper representation at the agreed upon ration of citizen to representative... The government was designed to grow with the people, and the government stiffled that growth to better control the process... But not having many minds, or anything approaching enough minds it is forced to rely upon minds answerable to no one... We would not have more people in the house if the house had the proper ration of representation, but all would be elected and accountable to some one...

Look at some one like Carl Rove who can get an idiot elected to the highest post in the land... Is that what we want: Idiots in charge??? We have no choice... Since we have no choice, no place for reason to govern we are governed by our fears... And we have much to fear because the ignorance bred of powerlessness is everywhere... The difference between democrat and republican is the difference between accepting ignorance and fighting against it... That is not enough difference... People need the facts and to be able to decide issue concerning them without the influence of party or politics...Eugene Debs said: I would rather vote for something and not get it than not vote for something and get it... The difference between the two is democracy... When we are given, as we were given the health care bill, against our rights and against the will of the people when it could have been dumped into the laps of the people for a vote is an invitation to reaction...The government does not want to give the population the impression that they actually have a right to a serious vote on a serious issue where the facts are laid out before them in a fair manor...
0 Replies