long distance relationships do they work

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 11:20 am
my girlfriend of 4 yrs want to become a vet and to do so she has to go back to the uk as there are no spaces left in the colleges where i am im happy to let her go as in not hold her back but am not sure if long distance relationships work

engineer

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 12:21 pm
@david9394,
Set up a Skype account and at least you can talk. It's a lot easier than it used to be. On the other hand, she's a girlfriend of four years? Either commit and go with her or set her free.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 01:03 pm
So why can't you follow her?

How old are you two?

0 Replies

manored

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 03:17 pm
Things such as this always depend from the people involved. Personally, I think that 4 to 5 years, which is my estimative of how much time she will spend studying, is too much time for lovers to stay apart and they should either split up or find a way to stay together.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 05:07 pm
Pay attention to above posts. I had two long-distance relationships many years ago and neither worked out. It's been said that absence makes the heart grow fonder but my daddy used to say 'absence makes the heart grow yonder". In my case, daddy was right.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 09:01 am
@david9394,
My experience indicates it's difficult.

Question: Why have you had a four year relationship with your girlfriend and not progressed into marriage?

BBB
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 09:54 am
@eoe,
And I had a long distance relationship where I am now married to the man. However, the separation was not years. I've also known the opposite. To me it depends on the individuals.
0 Replies