RexRed

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:45 am
Another day dawns on my life. Page two on my new leaf. I feel... hopeful. Whatever happens, if my heart is broken a thousand times then I will still be okay with myself.

That I have tried my best, given it my all is enough for me. And now I just need to wait and see what life throws at me. I wonder if it will be something delectable on a silver platter or another rejection, that no matter how nice I become I will never measure up to the world's expectations.

Even if I don't measure up to the worlds expectation I guess I am still okay with myself.

My dilemma is, I put my opinion out there and someone comes in and strikes it down. I am not always right but in some cases I am right. Do I let people roll right over me or how do I voice the simple fact that I disagree without ruffling feathers? I explain why but I still feel used for some reason, like I went to far and need to just find a silence somehow. Is it even worth it to give my opinion when all I want to do is live my own life and what do I really have to prove?

Now this is where tact comes in but isn't tact somewhat contrived? Why even bother with tact why not just spell it out the way it is? Isn't tact somewhat manipulative?

But it is how I am perceived.. Am I perceived better for being blunt or better for showing some reserved restraint and though contrived, some wit and tact?

Either way I am using an implement (sharp or blunt) to cut through what I perceive as a falsehood. Perhaps I am just being set up and baited anyway just to see if I go for the chopper. So I am damned if I do and damned if I don't.

If I don't, I seem weak and if i do I seem arrogant and self gratifying.

Perhaps I am pitied as being weak or feared as being arrogant.

Both pity and fear are far from being loved.
RexRed

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 08:27 pm
On a Wing and a Prayer

Come with me
To a place
Where we can live
And never ever look back

Two hearts
That beat together
We can love
There forever

On a wing and a prayer
We can soar up to heaven
We can fly up above
You and I
With this love

Instrumental

One dream
We will find
Leave this world
Far behind

We can sail
Into to the blue
Love is true
For me and you

On a wing and a prayer
We can soar up to heaven
We can fly up above
You and I
With this love

So let’s take
Up our wings
And awake
Many dreams
We can share
And let love
Fly us there
On a wing and a prayer
On a wing and a prayer
On a wing and a prayer
We'll let love fly us there

RexRed
10/14/10

0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 08:29 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
no matter how nice I become I will never measure up to the world's expectations.

What world expectations do you speak of?
RexRed

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 04:12 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Quote:
no matter how nice I become I will never measure up to the world's expectations.

What world expectations do you speak of?

Good question. The answer is ever present in my mind. All music artists want their music to become successful.

Every year when the big record execs decide who they will lavish a generous record deal on I seem to always fall short. I have begun to take it as a given. This failure will never stop me from making music. I have actually put my music making into my highest priority and it is my every waking thought and desire now. I don't know what the world expects but I just want to keep my music filled with love and beauty. What more can I do? These record execs shape the world as we know it through media and art. The giant door, the hall of fame, walk of the stars... There may never be a star for good ole RexRed but I am ok with that I guess.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 03:58 pm
Ah, that's a good aspiration.
RexRed

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 08:34 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Ah, that's a good aspiration.

Haha, besides being rich as Midas, another door that has yet to open to me. Smile Wealth can be simply being happy I guess.
0 Replies