Absolute truth?

JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:21 am
@reasoning logic,
Constructs are just that, constructs. They don't exist! You do.

'They' would not be possible if you didn't exist first, they came from you.

There really is no 'logic' that anyone can just 'tap into' and 'use' for the sake of conversing.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:21 am
@JPLosman0711,
Do you believe in God?
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
That's fine but can I get you to admit that 'this world' interests you? Also your apparent understanding of it even though you are not familiar....
0 Replies

Chights47

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:25 am
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

There is no 'logic' so it couldn't possibly help you.

'Logic' is just a word that came from living, it is a construct.

'Understanding' is a concept which is a concept for a concept because of a concept etc. etc. Are you getting the picture here?

I also heard someone on this forum say: "As we go through the process of living we build a house of cards....."
I think you're just a dumbass that doesn't understand the philosophy of language at all. The words themselves don't exist, that's obvious, but it's the representation of that, that provides understanding in which allows us to relate and grow into better more understanding beings. If everyone we're as close minded as you, no one would have a thought to even come up with your dumbass idea. The idea is ok, you're just taking it far to literal...come back to reality...as in the idea of it...not that it's an actual thing.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:25 am
@reasoning logic,
'God' is a conceptual puppet that humans use to take advantage of the natural anxiety which comes from being-the-whole.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:29 am
@Chights47,
Quote:
I think you're just a dumbass that doesn't understand the philosophy of language at all. The words themselves don't exist, that's obvious, but it's the representation of that provide understanding in which allows us to relate and grow into better more understanding beings. If everyone we're as close minded as you, no one would have a thought to even come up with you're dumbass idea. The idea is ok, you're just taking it far to literal...come back to reality...as in the idea of it...not that it's an actual thing.

There really isn't any 'language', the grunts we use to communicate with one another only 'work' because we all agree upon what they represent. The representations do in fact provide what you are describing as 'understanding' but only because we all agree as such.

YOU are the one who is charged with 'peeling away' these representations and seeing that they only have a leg to stand on if you throw your hat in the ring.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:31 am
@Chights47,
I'm not wasting any more time with this guy who doesn't understand how he directs his own life, and how that's done through a logical process. That he even learned the English language shows he chose to learn the language - determined by his need to communicate with everybody else. That in itself was based on logical reasoning. Sometimes leading a horse to water isn't enough.
Chights47

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:34 am
@JPLosman0711,
And you're proving that it works just fine, you are "reading" our "posts" interpreting it through the miracle of "language" and are able to come up with a rebuttal if you do not agree...it's like MAGIC. The "peeling away" and all that, is just the "meaning" behind things, not the understanding. They are both neccesary however because neither can really exist without the other. It's like the brain and the mind.
Chights47

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
I believe it to be a great immaterial idea, it's just he's transferring it into the material that's the problem...small confusion really.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:38 am
@Chights47,
There is no 'meaning behind things', as if 'meaning' were some sort of 'set in stone' cesspool that everyone taps into. You bring what you call 'meaning' into the world, 'it' doesn't exist somehow independently of you.

The funny thing here is not only are you defending keeping your 'self' a slave to these words, you think they actually exist and anyone who does not agree should be charged with some sort of anarchism.
Chights47

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:53 am
@JPLosman0711,
Meaning is actually quite the opposite from what you stated. It's constantly changing adapting and growing. I like how you keep calling me a slave when you can do nothing else except these posts...which is pretty much only using language...which would make you a "slave" as well. So really anything past this point, you would either have to start agreeing with me, be a dumbass hypocrite, or bugger off.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 12:00 pm
@Chights47,
You are still speaking as if 'meaning' somehow exists independently, not existing, 'meaning' cannot 'constantly change, adapt and grow'.

You're a slave because you think these words somehow exist and that everyone must succumb to them, or that they are somehow responsible for the way things are.
Chights47

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 12:18 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

You are still speaking as if 'meaning' somehow exists independently, not existing, 'meaning' cannot 'constantly change, adapt and grow'.

You're a slave because you think these words somehow exist and that everyone must succumb to them, or that they are somehow responsible for the way things are.
Are you just another one of those "everything is nothing" trolls?
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 12:22 pm
@Chights47,
Who you really are is no 'thing'(not a thing), the concept of 'nothing' is just a concept.
Chights47

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 12:32 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Yeah...I have a feeling that you people have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. At first I would just assume that you were just ignorant in presenting it, but when I try and rationalize it into making any form of actually sense, you just spout out something stupid again. I'm not interested in yet another debate with stupid people...you can't fix stupid. It's like you're a materialist who denies everything material...which is stupid, like solipsism and denying the "self"?
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 12:33 pm
@JPLosman0711,
You seem to have a great interest in linguistics!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 12:36 pm
@Chights47,
I was wondering when your patience was going to run out. Hitting your head against the wall has greater rewards in communication. At least you can react to it, and you don't have to keep going around in circles. LOL
Chights47

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 02:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have the patience, I just have better things to do. Wasting your time is only a good thing if your having fun. I COULD keep at it for weeks...but I'd rather not.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 05:18 pm
What you see is what you get.

Unfortunately only you can control what you see.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 05:41 pm
@JPLosman0711,
How does someone have this control, "by opening their eyes?

If they open their eyes how do they keep from seeing the things that they wish not to see?
0 Replies