Absolute truth?

JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:20 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
When I use the words somewhat like he sees it, I am meaning closely or similar to how he sees it!
Why do I suspect that you knew what I meant but are not happy with my reply?

You use 'words' like that because you are looking for the safety you find in agreeing with someone else, come on, who do you think you're fooling here? -LOL

Of course I know what you 'mean', you can't say anything to me without me knowing what you 'mean'.

Quote:
Do you accept or reject this safe haven you call logic?
Is there anything better than logic when you do not know the empirical answer to the question at hand?

I'm really not doing anything about anything, nor saying so. I'm pointing out to YOU that these are representations of 'life' and have nothing to do with living, unless of course you say so.

You really don't need to know the answers to any questions, I've actually heard it said before that the best questions are the one's without answers.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:22 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I disagree; there is logic in how sentences and ideas are constructed. It is the science of correct reasoning.

Ouch, that's not a very good place to 'Be'. What's it like to live life as a bunch of representations?
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:33 am
@JPLosman0711,
Your quote: Of course I know what you 'mean', you can't say anything to me without me knowing what you 'mean'
Seems as if you have an empirical understanding of what I say!

Have you met Spendius? he is a nice guy and has A unusual view of things as well!
You and him seem as though you may have a closely related way of thinking.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:35 am
@JPLosman0711,
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to get at. Logic is but one aspect of our thought processes. Without logic, your ideas about life would be in total confusion.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:39 am
@reasoning logic,
You can 'call' what's going on whatever you like, it still has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
'Logic and thought process' are just words, what's interesting is people like you seem to treat them as if they actually existed.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:40 am
@JPLosman0711,
Why do I agree with you?
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:44 am
@reasoning logic,
I once heard somebody on the forum say the following:

"All your life you've been asking 'why', even if you did find an answer to 'why' it never made any difference. 'Why' doesn't matter, all that matters is the uncovering."
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:45 am
@JPLosman0711,
We are able to relate using logic, talk about logic and we can know what the other is asking and give what ever the person is asking for if we can make logical sense of what is being asked.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:48 am
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

I once heard somebody on the forum say the following:

"All your life you've been asking 'why', even if you did find an answer to 'why' it never made any difference. 'Why' doesn't matter, all that matters is the uncovering."

That seems true but without the asking of what, why and how I am not sure if we could arrive at the uncovering
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:51 am
@reasoning logic,
You are uncovering Be-ing, which happens of itself.

Unless of course you try to shoe-horn it with a bunch of representations.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:59 am
@JPLosman0711,
Do you think that it is possible to uncover much more with the help of logic or do you think that the same will happen without using it?
Does understanding these representations add anything at all to our standard of living?
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:04 am
@reasoning logic,
There is no 'logic' so it couldn't possibly help you.

'Logic' is just a word that came from living, it is a construct.

'Understanding' is a concept which is a concept for a concept because of a concept etc. etc. Are you getting the picture here?

I also heard someone on this forum say: "As we go through the process of living we build a house of cards....."
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:15 am
@JPLosman0711,
JPL wrote,
Quote:
I also heard someone on this forum say: "As we go through the process of living we build a house of cards....."

It seems you're basing your life on this quote. LOL
Chights47

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:16 am
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:
Wrong. You look for 'proof' when you want to flee in the face of your potentiality-for-being-a-whole and then 'arrest' whoever could not provide it to you and conceptualize the remainder 'plausible'.
First of all I fail to see how I'm wrong, and as far as the rest, it doesn't really make sense. Potentiality is the inherent capacity for growth or development, while a whole implies complete. What doesn't make sense is that you say that looking for proof is "fleeing" from that, while "proof" is actually what leads us in...or at least we believe it does. Also if that "proof" is not provided to you, it's no longer plausible to you, it's false. I think you're more focusing in an individual sense, rather than the general sense. Lets take Christianity, many people think it's true, many people think that it's false, and many people are "on the fence". His statement implied that since Christianity hasn't been proven wrong, that it is automatically true whether you believe or not, and that is that statement in which I claimed as foolish and that alone.

JPLosman0711 wrote:
This is a whole bunch of confusion and 'arresting' of someone else to hide that fact that you don't know what you're talking about.

'Foolishness' is a concept you use to put down someone else to hide your lack-of-knowing. Hypathetical situations are not only a waste of time but also have nothing to do with 'living', interesting how the word 'pathetic' is located somewhere in there.

Instead of looking outside of you and 'grabbing' certain impossibilities that 'could' play out to be a possibility in order to prove a point. Why not look inside of 'you' and see what's there? Why not take a look at what shows itself in itself?
First of all, that wasn't a hypothetical situation, was actually kind of the opposite which was the whole point. A hypothetical situation is where a situation is assumed or thought to exist. This is actually a "parody" of that. With hamilton's statement, this would have been a factual fabrication, when it's pretty obvious that it's bullshit...which was the point. Now foolishness, is actually when someone says or does something resulting from stupidity or misinformation. I'm well aware that the statement that he presented was completely foolish because that discussion has come up before and it was just as silly then.

The rest after that is just ignorance because you're actually "preaching to the choir" there. It kind of seems like you're just jumping in trying to force this belief upon us, and yes it is a belief, it's more or less the belief in yourself. The last part (as in the "preaching" part) implies this and since the rest doesn't really seem all that thought out, it more or less reinforces that as well as all the various allusions to it in the other parts of the post.
cicerone imposter

@JPLosman0711,
No, they are not just words. They are the process by which we make decisions that affects our life - rightly or wrongly.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

@JPLosman0711,
Would it be possible for us to have this in depth conversation without constructs?
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:17 am
@cicerone imposter,
There is no 'life', nor is there anyone who could live it.

You ARE the process of living.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:18 am
@Chights47,
I suggest you look more closely at what you don't 'understand' and preach less about what you claim to.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:19 am
@JPLosman0711,
You live in another world that I'm not familiar with; I'm putting you on Ignore.