Absolute truth?

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 08:40 pm
@guigus,
Guigus, I fear that we will have the same problem here as we had in the thread about "nothing".
Until you realize what these concepts really are, until you figure out the role perception and human conditioning play in our understanding of these concepts, this philosophical farce will be the extent of your accomplishments. You have proven deaf to words that aren't your own, so I shall waste no more of them.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 08:59 pm
@Cyracuz,
Don't waste anymore of your time Cyracuz, only he can get himself down from that 'throne'.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:06 am
@JPLosman0711,
...what "throne" ???
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:32 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I should have put 'prison' as that would have been more accurate.

Like most people, he is not interested in 'emptying his cup'. He has far too much 'invested' in his theories and ones he assumes to be accurate to allow him 'self' to venture out into uncharted waters.
JLNobody

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:34 am
@JPLosman0711,
But that's so for virtually everyone, yourself (and myself) included. It's a constant struggle, isn't it?
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:02 am
@JLNobody,
Only if you say so.

There really isn't 'anyone' for you to struggle with, what you experience as a 'struggle' is the entanglement for continually giving explanations for what 'just happened'.

Just let your 'self' 'Be'.
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 05:41 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

The only 'reality' that exists is 'you'.

I do deny my existence, just not in the way you're thinking.

There is not a 'me' that is aware of my existing 'self'. My 'negation' arises and passes away in a fleeting millisecond, does the wind you feel blowing your hair on a cool winter day exist? Or is it just something you 'feel'?

I am not denying your existence, in fact you are the only one participating in this conversation.

Concepts and negations of concepts also come and go like the wind, just as thoughts and feelings.

When you get pissed off for losing your job, does the actual 'feeling' of anger exist in and of itself? Or is it just something you are temporarily aware of?

PS: You're the one who 'makes use' of whatever you read(concepts/negations) not me.

Focus, focus.
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 05:46 pm
@Procrustes,
Procrustes wrote:

True, but it comes down to the word "concept". I agree we learn "natural numbers" but there is an infinite number of them. (although I did remember a program about a mathemetician who said infinites do have an ending of sorts) But what is going on when you are reaching for a theory/concept of everything? Is it merely understanding the "gist" of everything? If so, extreme outliers may become unexpected. Also, if a theory/concept of everything didn't require knowing all the particulars can it really be called a theory/concept of everything? (perhaps what may be closer to the "truth" is a "concept of almost everything from the perpective of humans". But that would be a mouthful to say...)

You are confusing the concept of everything with a theory of everything. The concept of everything is the meaning of the word "everything"--all that is. Without it, any theory of everything becomes impossible, because it loses its object. To confuse everything with its theory is the same as to believe we must know every single being to understand the concept of being.
guigus

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 05:50 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Guigus, I fear that we will have the same problem here as we had in the thread about "nothing".
Until you realize what these concepts really are, until you figure out the role perception and human conditioning play in our understanding of these concepts, this philosophical farce will be the extent of your accomplishments. You have proven deaf to words that aren't your own, so I shall waste no more of them.

All I can say is that you are not addressing a single argument of mine... How convenient! Wink
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 05:53 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

Don't waste anymore of your time Cyracuz, only he can get himself down from that 'throne'.

If he could just stop wasting our time...
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 06:00 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

I should have put 'prison' as that would have been more accurate.

Like most people, he is not interested in 'emptying his cup'. He has far too much 'invested' in his theories and ones he assumes to be accurate to allow him 'self' to venture out into uncharted waters.

That Heidegger guy doesn't know the bad he has caused...
0 Replies

north

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 06:25 pm

absolute truth is based on the movement of things , objects and forms of energy , in the micro to the macro

guigus

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 06:32 pm
Let me try another approach.

Everything is, for example, everything in this room. Or everything on the planet. Or everything on the table. So, no matter the context, everything is everything in that context. So everything is everything in any context, or in all contexts. However, everything in all contexts is the same as everything with no special context, or simply "everything."
guigus

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 06:33 pm
@north,
north wrote:

absolute truth is based on the movement of things , objects and forms of energy , in the micro to the macro

An absolute truth that is based on something else is no longer absolute.
north

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 06:35 pm
@guigus,
guigus wrote:

Everything is, for example, everything in this room. Or everything on the planet. Or everything on the table. So, no matter the context, everything is everything in that context. So everything is everything in any context, or in all contexts. However, everything in all contexts is the same as everything with no special context, or simply "everything."

not deep enough

explained in my last post
north

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 06:37 pm
@guigus,

north wrote:

Quote:

what do you mean ?
guigus

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 06:49 pm
@north,
north wrote:

north wrote:

Quote:

what do you mean ?

Absolute truth is independent and autonomous: if it were based on something else, then it would depend on it, thus becoming relative.
guigus

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 06:53 pm
@north,
north wrote:

guigus wrote:

not deep enough

Is this supposed to make any sense?
north

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 06:57 pm
@guigus,

north wrote:

guigus wrote:

not deep enough

Quote:
Is this supposed to make any sense?

what don't you understand about my sense ? in my third last post
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 07:06 pm
@guigus,
Who or 'what' is aware of this 'everything'? Context or no context, there is always awareness of what we're talking about.

Can you look at what looks? Can we talk about what talks about?