Absolute truth?

north

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 11:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Yeah, but it's because our environment is conducive to life forms that we are here. In other words, your "without the sun" prologue, nothing would exist anywhos. We're beyond that point in the discussion, I believe.

but are we ?

the discussion is about absolute truth and the consequence of being without the sun is an absolute truth

now think of the Universe , think of the much , much , much bigger picture
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:44 am
@north,
But the underlying fact is that the sun does exist. Without it, everything would be a void.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 08:21 am
@Dasein,
What are your thoughts on the word 'impossible'?
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 08:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
The sun doesn't exist, you do.(as void)
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 09:40 am
@JPLosman0711,
Your sequence is off.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 05:59 pm
This my not be absolute truth but it is about absolute certainty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF3yb1g30Io&feature=related
0 Replies

Dasein

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 09:19 am
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:
What are your thoughts on the word 'impossible'?
Other than the short comment I am about to make, I will not be spending any time distracting you, myself, and others with a combination of characteristics (concept) which don't uncover 'Be'-ing. 'Impossible' is another trip down the rabbit hole and provides a place for you to 'skitter' off to instead of 'Be'-ing.
0 Replies

Dasein

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 09:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
But the underlying fact is that the sun does exist. Without it, everything would be a void.
What you don't understand (yet) is that everything IS a void and that the 'sun' only exists as the 'sun' between the ears of man.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:05 am
@Dasein,
If everything is a void, how are we able to communicate (on able2know)?
Dasein

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
The void I was speaking about has nothing to do with communication or language.
Chights47

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:28 am
@Dasein,
Where does communication and language come from though? I've always believed it (just as a vast majority of all people), to be a conception by us humans. It's also commonly know that we can't survive with out that big hot ball of light in the sky that we call "sun"...so if the sun is void, humans are void, thus language is void...well at least as far as with human life on this planet.
Dasein

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 11:28 am
@Chights47,
If you could ask a goldfish about water, it might look around and ask you what you're talking about. Language is like the water in a fish bowl, you 'swim' in it. Like a goldfish, you can catch glimpses of your body, you can see the sand and the ceramic shipwreck, but you can't see who's doing the swimming and you take the water for granted. Somebody has to take you out of the bowl, point to the water, and you have to gasp for breath before you understand.

Where did language come from?

7 million years ago, the oldest known relative of modern man walked upright in Western Africa in what is now called Chad and until we discover evidence of older relatives, language began with Sahelanthropus tchadensis.

So, before language there was be-ing (to be, as in 'you are 'be'-ing, be-ing is written with a hyphen to distinguish be-ing from a concept called being, as in human being).

What is language?

Something would occur to Sahelanthropus tchadensis, the wonder of a sunrise, the splendor of a sunset, the pain of stepping on a rock, grumblings in his stomach, the warmth of the sun, or an animal running away, and he would 'grunt'. ('Grunting' isn't necessarily a verbal occurrence, it could be nothing more than what we call 'recognition'). The family: hominidae (bipedal mammals including recent humans) have been 'grunting' in one form or another for 7 million years.

First, there was be-ing followed by the 'grunt'. The 'grunt' may have been a simple 'grumbling of the stomach' followed by the act of getting up and finding food.

It wasn't until the 5th century BC in India that the formal study of language began. A grammarian named Panini observed our speaking, identified the 'grunts' we were making and classified them into hard sounds (consonants) and soft sounds (vowels). He determined whether what we were talking about referred to some thing (noun) or an action (verb). He then wrote down 3,959 rules of Sanskrit morphology. Vedic Sanskrit is the first known formulation of sounds into consonants, vowels, nouns, and verbs.

In essence, Panini noticed patterns in our speaking and set up agreements for us to follow.

Wait just a minute! Panini didn't set up anything! We were already following the agreements he set down. We were already speaking with and understanding each other, and if we weren't he wouldn't have had anything to observe. Panini was just the first person to put what he observed into a formal system, i.e., he wrote it down and got historical notoriety for the writing.

Most of life follows this scenario. Somebody notices a pattern, puts it down on paper, creates his own concept for what was observed and brands it as his own. Whether they know or don't know that's what they're doing is immaterial to this conversation. We listen to the person as if he knows something we don't. We make this person the authority, blindly calling what he observed a 'fact' and we file it away without ever taking the time to 'observe' (think through) what he observed and uncover what's there. In essence, we set aside our author-ship in the matter called 'living'.

The consequence of Panini's observations is that we have replaced be-ing and recognition (knowing) with a system called language: -noun a system of “guttural grunts” classified into hard sounds (consonants) and soft sounds (vowels), then into nouns and verbs, concepts, and finally into facts.

We let the system interpret life for us instead of using the system to express our be-ing. Essentially, we have turned living (be-ing) and recognition (knowing) into a predictable system which doesn't allow room for you to 'be' or 'know'. 'Author', 'authentic', 'authority', and 'authenticity' are all related. If you turn over control of your life to a 'system' you are no longer the author of your own life. You no longer have any authority in your life and the price you pay is your own authenticity (be-ing).
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 11:42 am
@Dasein,
Okay, Dasein, you've gone over the hill. Ask a goldfish? Jeeesh!
Chights47

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 01:07 pm
@Dasein,
About half of that is pointless information...but interesting none-the-less. When I said "where does language come from" I was more implying that (as far as we're concerned), from humans. I think I may understand what you're saying a little better now. Is it that you have a problem with passive acceptance?
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 05:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

And who said people are communicating here?

(Sorry for the joke.)
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 05:40 pm
@guigus,
You don't have a reality. Why are you wasting time here?
guigus

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 05:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You don't have a reality. Why are you wasting time here?

Why are you wasting your time asking me this?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 05:58 pm
@guigus,
Not to worry; I put you on Ignore.
guigus

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 03:45 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Not to worry; I put you on Ignore.

Thanks.
0 Replies

Dasein

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 01:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Pull your string and you'll say a thousand different things, huh, Chatty Cathy?

It doesn't matter if what you say has substance or not, does it?

Just as long as you have a place to express your discomfort. Jeeesh!
0 Replies