• Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,475 • Replies: 6
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 09:16 am
@stevenya,
There are lots of ways to talk TO them.

The problem is getting a response.

But you can just talk, verbally (maybe going to a spot you know was special to them), or write, or even just address them in your head.

I've found that to be a surprisingly effective way to "communicate" after people have died -- if I knew them well, I'm able to easily imagine what their response would be, which ends up feeling like an exchange. (In this way, I've gotten good advice from people who have died.)
JPB

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 09:23 am
@sozobe,
Indeed. I converse with my mother regularly. I go outside and sit by myself and think about what I'd like to tell her. Sometimes there's a "conversation", sometimes just a hug, but I always feel connected. Once, not too long ago, my father showed up instead. Shocked That was a first!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 09:26 am
i prefer actions to words, i maintain a host of family plots, cleaning around the headstones, leaving flowers at special occasions
0 Replies

stevenya

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 09:28 am
I need to get his response. I need a conversation.
shewolfnm

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 12:31 pm
@stevenya,
stevenya wrote:

I need a conversation.

this is nearly impossible and I am a medium.

What you need to do is start paying attention to your surroundings . Responses are not always words, or ways that we believe a conversation or response would go.
Sometimes things are subtle , IF at all. I hate even saying that there is a possibility for response but I have seen and conducted quite a few . I know it can happen, but you need to understand that it is rare.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 02:17 pm
If you sit still long enough, the answer will come to you. Whether it comes from a deceased love one or not is not for sure.

I believe that you have the capability to solve all your own issues if you have a clear vision, a clear intention, speech, action, mindfulness, effort, and concentration about the problem.
0 Replies