please add a photo of your feline/canine friend/fiend

Montana

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 08:26 pm
LOL! I know it. I should be ashamed of myself!!!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 07:47 pm
Montana, did you get a kittie? Oh I hope so, I would be so happy for you ... they are so precious!

http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/US/FL/Cocoa_Beach.gif
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 08:07 pm
I sure did Misty :-D
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 08:46 pm
You can't imagine Montana how excited I am for you! They are a constant source of excitement and joy!

I wish you many years of happiness with your new, furry friend!

http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/US/FL/Cocoa_Beach.gif
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 08:55 pm
Thanks so much Misti. We've had her for a little under 2 months and she is the life of the house. I have several pictures of her posted in my gallery and some posted here on this thread. I'm so happy we got her. She's just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside :-D
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 09:07 pm
Awwwwwwww Montana, I'm off to the gallery!

Is your son okay with her? I know he was allergic to cats, no?

0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 09:23 am
Yes, My son has outgrown his allergies and I'm so very happy about that.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 09:24 am
Just to be on the safe side though, the cat is not allowed in his bedroom.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 01:28 am
Montana wrote:
Yes, My son has outgrown his allergies and I'm so very happy about that.

Excellent news, Montana! Very Happy
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 07:54 pm
I just want to play with the bug ... if only he'd lay still!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/PaddyResized.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 04:52 am
Lovely shot, Misti! One totally mesmerized cat! Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 10:10 am
LOL Misti. He's beautiful :-D
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 07:57 pm
Montana, thank you ... we think so too! He can be an ornery little man when he feels like it. Let's put it this way ..... there's no mistaking his intentions or his desires!

I swear sometimes when he speaks it sounds just like a 3 year old in a temper tantrum!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 02:04 am
Misti, it's the fiery redhead in him!

maybe that explains Rosie? there's a lot of gingery colours in her fur from russet to apricot.

I had to get out the Front Line yesterday as she was scratching a lot - decided to spray her on my desk - she ended up trying to hide squidged in a narrow corner between the wall and my monitor with her back to me, growling in one loooooooong continous swear word!

She doesn't hold grudges though bless her and forgave me quite quickly.

Are your cats finicky about their food? As she likes chicken so much we seem to have ended up cooking chicken for her 99% of the time, with cat biscuits, She only occasionally has cat food.

She absolutely adored chicken from when she was tinyand first tasted it and sat growling and lashing out with her claws in case it got taken from her! a tiny little scrap behaving like a wild cat cub at a kill!

oh PS Rosie is one year old Very Happy
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 07:33 pm
Happy Birthday Rosie!!!

Vivien, I don't know if it's the fiery redhead in him or the Irish blood ... makes me wonder!

Paddy will ONLY eat dried cat food ... nothing else, oh except treats ... loves them!

Lacey loves cat food from the pouch, it's meaty and juicy with lots of gravy. She also loves chicken, pork, steak, beef, turkey and loves people food too.

Oh, and of course, cat nip! They both love that!

I use the Front Line, but it's not a spray ... it's a little vial with just a few drops in it, you place the drops on the back of the neck, {so they can't reach it to lick it off} and that seems to work great. It takes a few seconds to do and is painless for them.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 09:53 am
What is Front Line? What does it do to the cat? Do we need it, too? Thanks for some information, girls!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 06:40 pm
Front Line is for treatment of fleas, which most cats get sooner or later at specific times of year. It does not hurt them at all! It soaks into their blood stream and all that.

I suppose you're working as hard as ever?
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 03:22 pm
Our cats never had fleas - I keep my fingers crossed that it will stay that way...

Misti, actually, I am having a pretty good time at the moment. My boss is on vacation in Florida after spending more than three weeks in Japan. I got to go home quite early every day! :-)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:47 pm
Urs53, it's too cold there for fleas to live:) I think that's the reason anyway. We have our seasons here in Fl., sometimes we don't see them for months, but at the first sign, the kitties get the drop on the neck.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 11:08 am
That's probably the reason, Misti! Outdoor cats do get fleas, of course...

At the moment, our landlord is painting the wooden shutters and window frames and is doing other stuff to the outside of the building. Nisse and Mysan don't know what to make of this strange activity. They hide most of the day. So of course they have to play all night... I love them anyway!
0 Replies