So what's more important - sleep or exercise?

Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 10:48 am
@Pemerson,
Thanks and yes I am enjoying it - even though it is hectic. And I will try to get some exercise where ever I can squeeze it in.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 10:50 am
@CalamityJane,
Yeah - I think the lunch walk will help - it has been rainy though and that makes me less motivated. I will take a walk to the cafe again (which is also far away at the other end of the building) and get more water as an excuse.

I almost always take the stairs - except in the morning when I park on the third level - I think I will start walking up the stairs then as well.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 10:51 am
@sozobe,
Thanks - well seems the sleeps have it!~
chai2

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 10:54 am
@Linkat,
Now the question, how much more sleep do you think you need?
Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 10:58 am
@chai2,
Need - maybe just another hour to hour and a half so I have between 6 half and 7 and half hours sleep...like another 2 hours. And I do love to sleep.
chai2

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 12:10 pm
@Linkat,
Just thinking, what if twice a week, you ask your husband to take charge of the later hours stuff, and take a mini sleep vacation, taking a couple of extra hours on let's say a Monday and a Thursday?

My weekly luxury is staying up later on Saturday night (sometimes all the way to 11pm!!!) and I'll just sleep until whatever I want on Sunday morning. Surprisingly, I only sleep maybe an extra half an hour to an hour. For the next couple of days, I feel like I'm more rested.
I think it's partly because I don't set an alarm on that morning (or Saturday either)
Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 12:16 pm
@chai2,
We both have crap to do at night and once the kids are in bed even if we are doing crap around the house - it is our alone time.

I do sleep in on Sat and Sun. So far the tournament times have been in the afternoon - lucky us! Just wait - we will get next week's schedule and will have an 8 am.

I was just thinking of getting up at 5:30 and working out for an hour - hubby would get a few extra things ready on those couple of mornings. Or if it would be better to sleep the extra 45 minutes.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 10:16 am
Most people do just fine without exercise (ever). But insufficient sleep over time can completely ruin the body.

So if you're sleep deprived and don't have time for exercise, I'd say catch up on the forty winks.

Spider (hypochondriac) Gal
spidergal

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 04:44 am
@spidergal,
Actually, while I still think optimum sleep is very important - personally for me it is; if I don't get enough, I'm very cranky the next day - but here's a second (expert) opinion.

http://www.realsimple.com/health/everyday-health-dilemmas-solved-10000001084512/page3.html
0 Replies

55hikky

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 05:57 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

From what I know of linkat, she's done less than most to destroy the world we're in. Plus, I know she works very hard for her family, and takes good care of them.

actually, this being is. but i'll elaborate if you're willing to share.
Quote:
In any event, the posts you've made certainly aren't productive, and you aren't making suggestions about helping her, or the world in general.

oh hi God, i didn't know you were present. thank you for telling us this objective truth of what is and isn't productive. I wouldn't say anything if i wasn't progressing this discussion. Everyone who doesn't see the point in my posts really need to step back a step or two to see the holistic picture and nature of this question.
[/quote]
0 Replies

55hikky

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 06:02 pm
@Diane,
mother theresa? india? me?
why are you diverting the discussion away from the topic and talking about saints, countries and me?
if you have no interest in this

Diane wrote:

So ceili should become Mother Theresa inbetween household, job and planning for her children? How about she moves to India. Would that be more important than taking care of her family?

that is not for me to decide.
Quote:

Christ on a stick, where do you come from? If you live in India, helping the poor, living in poor neighborhoods, you have my apology. And if you have to take care of a family, making sure your children have a full and productive life, I will not only aplogize, I will toss in a genuflect.

if one was to harbor and practice these qualities, your apologies and genuflect is meaningless. Sarcasm and ignorance is difficult to bare for our children.

0 Replies

55hikky

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 06:15 pm
@Linkat,
if it's not too much trouble, it would help if some of us here can quote me on what exactly was it about what I said that suggests that I complained, rave and rant, or "feel important"?

some of the quotes beings have aimed at me...
Quote:

think I can come up with your dinner planning as well?!

Quote:
If you don't ******* care, don't ******* answer asshole.

Quote:
get lost loser. ...Not from some a$$hole that only wants to complain

would seem more appropriate to fit those word's descriptions... but that's my opinion.

0 Replies

pooks

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2011 01:54 pm
@Linkat,
That seems more like a situational question. If you wake up in time for that workout and feel entirely drained, then I would say that it is best you get that extra hour of sleep. If you are feeling exhausted and worn out, chances are your workout will reflect that. Now, that doesn't mean skip out on every morning workout. The morning is the best time to get a workout in, kick starting your metabolism and entire day. Plus, when you go in the morning, studies have shown that you are more likely to actually go. Figure out a schedule that works for you and try to stick with it!
0 Replies