feeling/emotion, thinking/thoughts

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 09:28 pm
I know that feelings/emotions are created by thinking/thoughts. How to change one's thinking or how to "plant" a new "thinking unit" into one's mind?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,779 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Fido

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 09:49 pm
@stevenya,
stevenya wrote:

I know that feelings/emotions are created by thinking/thoughts. How to change one's thinking or how to "plant" a new "thinking unit" into one's mind?

The only thinking unit you need is up your butttt... Then you could ask yourself, do I really have to think about this to feel offended, hurt, and humiliated... Emotions are far older than thought, and are the cause of thought.. Emotions are what pass for thoughts in animals... They live life by the braille method: The feel their way through it...
stevenya

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 11:06 pm
@Fido,
Fido, feelings/emotions are created by your thoughts/thinking. This is an indisputable truth.
Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 11:16 pm
@stevenya,
I would certainly dispute that.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 11:28 pm
@stevenya,
stevenya wrote:

Fido, feelings/emotions are created by your thoughts/thinking. This is an indisputable truth.

It is true that if reason reveals that a certain necessary activity is likely to result in pain, we may approach it in fear... On the whole, it is our irrationality that is behind all of our rational behavior... The id tell the ego what it wants, and the ego finds a rational path to that goal... But rational thought only plays a small part in our lives... WE all live in our feeling... Who you are is how you feel... What you are is what you think and what you do... Do you identify yourself as what you do, or do you hang your identity on emotional values... Are you your job, or are you empathetic, loving, caring, and just...We are who we are out of emotional values, and they make up our character...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 11:50 pm
@stevenya,
Has it occurred to you to think?
Fido

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:55 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Has it occurred to you to think?

Lighten up... He may be bilingual, and they say that as you begin to learn a new language that you start to dream in it; but dreams are easy, and what we do with knowledge and thought requires both time and effort, and words and numbers are the tools by which we work that art, and if it were acutally easy there would be more thinkers, and less folks stumbling around in the dark...
0 Replies