Is the USA turning into a dictadorship or is it just paranoia?

Fido

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 05:07 am
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

I don't think Obama sold himself to the rich. He raised a lot of money from a lot of middle class folks. I sent him money, a first for me and I suspect I am not alone. Drastic change on Wall St. is risky and difficult. Look how hard what little he has tried to do has been. I agree we need bigger change, but how to make it happen is a difficult question. And, remember the bail outs were in process well before Obama took office, and much less controlled. In my opinion, Paulson simply stole a few hundred billion to save his cronies. The alternative may have been much worse for all of us.

I've said it before, you want to understand Wall street and the bail outs, read 13 Bankers.

You don't need a weather man to tell you which way the wind blows and you don't need a book to tell you what is happening in this country... The economy should support the population, and now the population is supporting the economy... They have not got enough of us working to support their greed on profits... And so much of the family capital of this nation has been mortgaged and thrown on the market by people living hand to mouth that the price cannot be maintained... The money used to prime the economy, and given directly to the money lenders to ensure their profits while we languish will have to be collected from fewer and fewer people working because the rich refuse to support their government with taxes... I don't need a book to tell me this situation does not work and will not last... Bankruptcy augurs revolution, and unlike the right, I am not well armed and insane...
0 Replies

manored

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 01:03 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

manored wrote:
The fact that dictadorship and brutality go hand-in-hand doesnt makes then the same thing.

We have too little words, I dont want to have even less =)
Get real, go look up the dictionary, you can be a dictator without violence.
As far as I know the expression "hand-in-hand" means that one usually incurs the other, not that one always incurs the other. I am no native english speaker though =)
HexHammer

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 01:05 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:

HexHammer wrote:

manored wrote:
The fact that dictadorship and brutality go hand-in-hand doesnt makes then the same thing.

We have too little words, I dont want to have even less =)
Get real, go look up the dictionary, you can be a dictator without violence.
As far as I know the expression "hand-in-hand" means that one usually incurs the other, not that one always incurs the other. I am no native english speaker though =)
I like tunar sanwitch.
manored

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 06:17 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

I like tunar sanwitch.
I though hexagonal hammers only ate stolen hexagonal tiles from board games...

Ever day you learn a new thing!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 07:14 pm
Didn't you all know? According to okie, Obama is a communist dictator who is taking over our country with fascists in his administration.

Don't you people know anything?
Fido

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 07:20 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Didn't you all know? According to okie, Obama is a communist dictator who is taking over our country with fascists in his administration.

Don't you people know anything?

We are all communists... We all share the bus, worthless public schools, the potholed roads, and the emergency room crowded with sick and sicker... And the more we follow republicans hating communism the more we will suffer the communism of poverty when we might know the communism of wealth... As far as being a dictatorship, there is no getting away from the fact that, whether the constitution intended it or not, the presidency is a dictatorship...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 07:34 am
i don't like dictatorships

i do however like tater chips
Fido

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 07:59 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i don't like dictatorships

i do however like tater chips

salt, sugar, fat, and starch: you have in that little bag the four elements of the ideal American Diet...
0 Replies