Is the USA turning into a dictadorship or is it just paranoia?

Setanta

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 05:19 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
. . . it's more about just deserts, served up for everybody

Have ya got any chocolate cream pie?
djjd62

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 05:40 am
@Setanta,
http://www.matildanestoroska.com/account/4e64293b75b4264f/pages/48001_1.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 05:56 am
Thanks, Boss . . . i knew i could count on you . . .
0 Replies

manored

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:29 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

Careful... There may be laws regarding suggestions of death for political figures... The power people do not like the pedestrians even thinking about shooting them, as if that would help...
Im in another country =)

djjd62 wrote:

my post has nothing to do with killing anyone*, and even less to do with sarah palin, it's more about just deserts, served up for everybody

Hum so... Sarah Palin wins + end of the world = cake for everbody?

Hum...
djjd62

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 11:16 am
@manored,
i've long advocated the end of the world, or more correctly the end of man, as the best solution to the planets problems
dyslexia

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 12:25 pm
@djjd62,
I believe that's called "natural selection."
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 12:39 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:

Fido wrote:

Careful... There may be laws regarding suggestions of death for political figures... The power people do not like the pedestrians even thinking about shooting them, as if that would help...
Im in another country =)

You're in a country where the word is spelled "dictador", so what do you want from us?
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 10:46 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i've long advocated the end of the world, or more correctly the end of man, as the best solution to the planets problems

http://lolsnaps.com/upload_images/real/1095.jpg
0 Replies

manored

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 06:30 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Thats the loser's exit, though. Winners win the game of life =)

electronicmail wrote:

You're in a country where the word is spelled "dictador", so what do you want from us?
Actually, im in a country where the word is spelled "ditador".
djjd62

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 06:38 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

ughhh, platitudes like that don't help your case, sounds like some happy crap they spout at Up With People, well i say Down With People
Fido

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 03:50 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Planets have problems??? No wonder Uranus always looks like it is trying to shoot a watermellon....
0 Replies

manored

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 08:41 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

manored wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

ughhh, platitudes like that don't help your case, sounds like some happy crap they spout at Up With People, well i say Down With People
Why? Nobody would benefit from the extinction of mankind. I always find it hilarious then ambientalists say that it would be better for the planet if man just dissapeared, because there would be no point in there being a planet or life in it without man. As Fido just said, planets dont have problems, they dont give a damn whenever their surfaces are full with life or dead wastelands. Actually, they dont give a damn about anything, and neither does life.
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 06:04 pm
@manored,

manored wrote

there would be no point in there being a planet or life in it without man

Really? Then what was the point of the planet all those billions of years before anything vaguely resembling a human being appeared less than one million years ago? Was it all just prep for the appearance of this stupendous super-predator we call homo sapiens? If you really believe that, then what's the point of all those other apparently uninhabited planets? That's egocentrism run rampant. (Not to menton that's one of the dumbest posts ever on this or any other thread. Way to go, manored.)
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 06:23 pm
@Merry Andrew,
There would be no point to this planet we call earth without conservatives.
Fido

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 08:20 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

manored wrote

there would be no point in there being a planet or life in it without man

Really? Then what was the point of the planet all those billions of years before anything vaguely resembling a human being appeared less than one million years ago? Was it all just prep for the appearance of this stupendous super-predator we call homo sapiens? If you really believe that, then what's the point of all those other apparently uninhabited planets? That's egocentrism run rampant. (Not to menton that's one of the dumbest posts ever on this or any other thread. Way to go, manored.)

So what are you saying??? That we are the point??? That we are not the point??? Other life???

Life is meaning, and it does not matter what exists anywhere, because we are the ones who witness, even at a distance, and find value, and a point is simply a value, and a meaning... The fact is, that no people equals no point, and the only reason the past of our planet has a point is because we are there to chalk it up... We may see stars in the night sky that have already winked out or nova'ed... What is their point except as ambiance for the drama of our existence???

Didn't Schopenhaur say: The world dies with me??? Or: The world is my idea... Sure, it may still be there without our witnessing it, without conceiving of it, and by doing so, give it meaning.... No life equals no meaning...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 08:27 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

There would be no point to this planet we call earth without conservatives.
I would have bet without hearing from you that you knew the difference between points and dildo's, even if dildos have a point, as you must well know...
wayne

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 10:56 pm
We the people of the United States of America are the dictators of our society, that is how capitalism works. The desire for wealth has replaced the American dream with greed and manipulation. We have long since sold our principles down the road for a few dollars more. Corporate greed dictates our lives with our blessing, we only ask for more, more, more. The consumer speaks. So let's all get out there and use up some resources in the name of productivity.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 11:05 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Not following your reasoning on this. There really isn't a point unless you believe the whole deal were created by something with a purpose.
Pemerson

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 12:03 am
@manored,
manored wrote:

I hear quite a lot of people complaining that their government is trying to dumb down people to control then, trying to watch their ever step, trying to silence protests secretly, and other things dictadorships usually try to do.
And, if it is just paranoia, then do you think the american people have gotten too paranoic or this apparent paranoia is actually just a few very loud people?

Americans have always held protests, especially over the past two years. I haven't heard much talk, seen much evidence that we're being dumbed down so we're controllable.

I decided to make this thread after I saw a video about thumbscanning implemented into an american school. I was kinda shocked at the fact that the poster and the huge majority of the commenters were deeply shocked by this, claiming it was against civil rights, that is was proof of that the USA was now a dictadorship, that it was the end of the world, etc.

Is that all the evidence you needed, a video about thumbscanning? Because of that we are a dictatorship? Actually, American parents don't like anyone doing anything with their children without even informing them, asking them for permission. Calm down. Maybe you are hoping this country will collapse, fail, die, fade away
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 01:58 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Not following your reasoning on this. There really isn't a point unless you believe the whole deal were created by something with a purpose.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all, rog. The other fella said that without man's presence there is no point. My point is that man's presence or absence here is not the point, if there should be a point to the whole shebang. It's elevating the importance of the human species back up to where we were in the Middle Ages, i.e. just below the angels.I don't believe man has any more importance here than a mollusk. We are a predatory, parasytic species.