We all will die one day. Every time this occurs to me, I feel depressed

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 09:42 am
@djjd62,
I was thinking of LIVING, not working (which is what I'm doing and NOT doing).

David
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:26 pm
I'm 70+ and feel that everthing from now on is gravy. Moreover, after this life ends, experience tells me that there will be no difference between after-life and before-birth. And the latter was no problem. In addition, when my time ends, subjectively speaking all time will end.
Also when this life ends there will be no death; that is to say, there will be no self, or subject to be in a state of any kind. Nobody to be dead. No reason to be depressed.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 05:44 am
Way I see it, I do not want to die, ever. But, it is inevitable. The thing to do is stay so engaged and active that by the time you are old enough to approach death, you have reached a stage of contentment and are so used up the prospect no longer bothers you.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 05:58 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:
I'm 70+ and feel that everthing from now on is gravy.
I 'm ENJOYING my GOLDEN years.

JLNobody wrote:
Moreover, after this life ends, experience tells me that
there will be no difference between after-life and before-birth.
True; very true.

JLNobody wrote:
And the latter was no problem. In addition, when my time ends,
subjectively speaking all time will end.
Yes; eternity takes no cognizance of time.

JLNobody wrote:
Also when this life ends there will be no death; that is to say, there will be no self,
or subject to be in a state of any kind. Nobody to be dead. No reason to be depressed.
That is false; u do not know what u r talking about. www.IANDS.org

David
0 Replies

Kaypee

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 08:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
He never died. Death is defined as

"Death is the termination of the biological functions that sustain a living organism. The word refers both to the particular processes of life's cessation as well as to the condition or state of a formerly living body. Phenomena which commonly bring about death include predation, malnutrition, accidents resulting in terminal injury, and disease."

He is still present and ..

"Life is a characteristic that distinguishes objects that have signaling and self-sustaining processes (biology) from those that do not, either because such functions have ceased (death), or else because they lack such functions and are classified as inanimate."

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 07:40 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i don't want to have to work for hundreds of years, and you'd have to if you live that long, only a very few folks get to retire at 30 and live 40+ years without working, most get twenty or so at best, if we lived to be say, 900 years, you want to work for 650 or 700

not me
The fellow across the street from me, Morris,
was in good health at 107. How will u handle it
if your health fails to decline ???????????
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 07:44 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i don't want to have to work for hundreds of years, and you'd have to if you live that long, only a very few folks get to retire at 30 and live 40+ years without working, most get twenty or so at best, if we lived to be say, 900 years, you want to work for 650 or 700

not me

only one way i'd do it, provide me with sustenance, and digital books, movies, put me in a space craft and shoot me to the stars, that might be worth living a long time for, other wise, my idea of a lifetime is is enough for me, leave the rest of time for others, very unselfish ( Wink ) of me i know, but it's how i feel
The cure for your problem is greed;
accumulate a lot of personal wealth and live on that; its fun.

David
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 07:45 am
@OmSigDAVID,
there are any number of methods

luckily, i come from genetic stock that pretty much guarantees that i don't make 80
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 07:50 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
there are any number of methods

luckily, i come from genetic stock that pretty much guarantees that i don't make 80
I re-iterate: what if thay put something
in the water (like thay did with sodium flouride) which causes good health for several centuries?

Note that I never assumed that u need to WORK;
working and living r 2 different concepts.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 07:58 am
@Kaypee,
Kaypee wrote:
He never died. Death is defined as

"Death is the termination of the biological functions that sustain a living organism.
His biological functions kept terminating.
That is the reason that he died so many times.

His doctor, in the Veterans' Hospital,
said that he died, right in front of him 12 times.

Are u a better expert on this
than the M.D. who was there, then?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 07:58 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Note that I never assumed that u need to WORK;
working and living r 2 different concepts.

true, but for roughly 3/4 of ones (if they are very fortunate it might be less, if they are not so fortunate it might be more) life they have to work to afford the other 1/4

for now i'm happy with the status quo

i've stated before that i would be willing to undertake a one way trip to the stars, for that experience, and that experience alone i might like to live for a thousand or so years
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 08:08 am
@djjd62,
Take some time and create a competent financial plan,
or visit an advisor.
djjd62

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 08:34 am
@OmSigDAVID,
not that interested in money

i live my life one day at a time, setting few if any goals, right now i would like to live long enough to see the last harry potter film and read the last wolves of mercy falls book due out this summer, after that we'll see

don't get me wrong i'm not looking for death, i just don't worry about wether i live a long life or not
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 08:48 am
@stevenya,
stevenya wrote:
Haha, I was very positive before her rejection. I am only depressed after her rejection.

Depression after rejection is pretty common, isn't it? You have any hobbies you can throw yourself into? Time heals all wounds, BTW.

Also agreeing with Mame and Green Witch.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 08:55 am
@djjd62,
Worry is unnecessary.

David
0 Replies

Kid A

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 09:37 pm
I love knowing ill die one day. I think it might be a void. But without emotions and senses so kind of like sleep. Sounds nice eh?
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 09:44 pm
@stevenya,
Quote:
We all will die one day. Every time this occurs to me, I feel depressed

Just be grateful for the reincarnation.
0 Replies

enobaria

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 05:43 am
just learn to accept it dude. it's a part of life. thinking of it that way just won't help you get over it
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 06:03 am
@djjd62,
Wait until you're 70. If you are in relatively good health, have interests, and people that you care about, I would bet my last buck that you would think very differently.
djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 06:13 am
@Phoenix32890,
maybe, i'm 48 now, i've felt this way to a certain extent, for as long as i can remember, as a kid i was walking across the fields behind our house, just kind of staring at the skies, and i was suddenly overwhelmed with a sense of infinite and the insignificance of the individual in comparison to it, i'm not going to go out of my way to end my life, but i'm not in awe of a long life, especially as society gets way to top heavy (at least in the west) in the older demographic