Are the words in bold correctly used?

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 05:43 am
Once the postman arrives at the destination site, the system allows him to verify the recipient of the parcel. The recipient has also to sign on the device as a proof of receipt of the parcel. This process is reverted back to the Control Centre once the task is completed. The client is also able to use this system to his advantage as he can track the status of his parcel online.

1. Are the words in bold correctly used?

2. Are there errors in the passage.

Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 573 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 06:45 am
@tanguatlay,
Nothing is bolded in your post.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 06:47 am
@tanguatlay,
Once the postman arrives at the destination, the system allows him to verify the recipient of the parcel. The recipient has also to sign the device as a proof of receipt of the parcel. This process is reported back to the Control Centre once the task is completed. The client is also able to use this system to his advantage as he can track the status of his parcel online.

In the first sentence, the word "site" is superfluous--destination already means "site." In the second sentence, the word "on" is superfluous. In the third sentence, the verb "to revert" is inappropriate, so i have substituted "to report," because that verb seems to me to be more appropriate. The fourth sentence is fine.

Quote:
1. Are the words in bold correctly used?

You haven't put any of the text in bold face.
0 Replies