Homosexuals Against Homosexuality

RexRed

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 11:12 am
What is up with that? We are finding more that the most virulent opposers of homosexuality go on trips to Europe and rent a boy thinking they won't get caught. It was an Eastern Indian who shot Gandhi and a Jew who shot Golda Meir... Are the worst people against homosexuality homosexuals pretending to be in the closet? What is the psychology behind this anomaly? Now I have been taking for granted when i hear someone highly outspoken against homosexuals just follow them around and you will find they have a boy toy hidden somewhere that they lavish with money and material gifts.

We have the hypocritical pedophile catholic church diverting collection money donated to feed the poor to discriminate against gays. These gays that they thwart don't want choir boys galore but who simply want to marry a consenting gay adult in a mutual love marriage. The Mormons who are revealing that closeted but still practicing gays are behind their push against gay marriage in California... There is something dark and sinister behind this catholic/religious right movement against gays and i suspect closeted homosexuals are the brunt of force behind it all. What is the Freudian synopsis and diagnosis if this is indeed the case? Do we discriminate against gays for not being gay enough? Can someone shed some light on this for me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 2,233 • Replies: 20
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 11:17 am
wait, Ghandi and Golda Meir were gay Shocked

who knew
RexRed

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 11:22 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

wait, Ghandi and Golda Meir were gay Shocked

who knew

I never had the opportunity to ask them. (funny as in haha) Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 03:27 pm
I did not mean my comment about Gandhi or Golda Meir to be taken as offensive. It just seems somehow parallel to the same idea I am proposing here. Gays have it bad enough than to have their own blocking liberty and marriage equality. It seems these gays that are blocking marriage equality are some of the most vile religious nuts in our society. One may surmise that those who perpetrated the crimes against Gandhi and Meir were also highly religious in nature. I have only scratched the surface of a societal problem caused by religion here. I was once a religious nut and being a homosexual it seemed to others that my religion appeared obviously counter to my own personality. The question is why do gays turn to religion in the first place? Is it to conquer their fears, is it for some sort of acceptance or the inability to deal with self imposed shame? Lashing out at other emancipated homosexuals who simply want to live free seems rather predictable.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 08:12 pm
When a culture says that who you are is wrong/evil/pathological/etc for your whole life, you tend to develop a sense of self-loathing.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 08:16 pm
@RexRed,
Are you saying that people that speak against homosexuality are gay themselves? Um, some might be but I doubt if they all are.

Why would homosexuals in the closet be starting this push? Wouldn't they benefit more from just staying quiet? I guess I'm not really following you.
RexRed

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 09:04 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

When a culture says that who you are is wrong/evil/pathological/etc for your whole life, you tend to develop a sense of self-loathing.
Yes exactly and some homosexuals have turned toward the church for answers and many of these homosexuals are leading the crusades against themselves. Perhaps to appease their conscience. Odd that homosexuals turn to the very thing that demonized them in the first place. So this is a battle between the religious repressed homosexuals versus the homosexual who have no cross to bear and just want to be free and equal.
littlek

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 09:47 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
So this is a battle between the religious repressed homosexuals versus the homosexual who have no cross to bear and just want to be free and equal.

Not sure it's all that simple!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 09:53 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

not at all sure of this observation, certainly not my gay brother (anecdotal) who had a very strong sense of self value as did those friends of his that I came to know. Not much of a valid sample but it's the only one I got.
littlek

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 10:08 pm
@dyslexia,
RexRed mentioned cultures other than ours in the US. I was mostly referring to them as things are a bit better here than elsewhere.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 10:14 pm
@littlek,
ok, that makes sense.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 11:20 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Are you saying that people that speak against homosexuality are gay themselves? Um, some might be but I doubt if they all are.

Why would homosexuals in the closet be starting this push? Wouldn't they benefit more from just staying quiet? I guess I'm not really following you.

Maybe there are more homosexuals in the church than you think. How many priests and nuns are homosexuals? Remember Jim Baker, weren't most of us fooled by his and Tammy's (may she RIP)... "PTL charade". I am not sure if Tammy was lesbian but Jim seemed to be gay although I don't specifically remember him speaking out against gays and homosexuals. I expect they must have spoken out against gays, as is customary, on at least one or two occasions.
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 25 Sep, 2010 07:14 am
@RexRed,
Yes, there are lots of homosexuals in the church and they and others speak against homosexuality, but that doesn't mean that everyone that speaks against it are homosexual. It's not right to make such blanket statements. You know, scripture says "can satan cast out satan?" Well, we know the answer to that is no so I don't see how closet homosexuals coming against outted homosexuals would work. One thing you are right about is things do come to light eventually and they would be found out if they were indeed homosexual. So, it seems pretty stupid to me to put yourself out there in the public if you're in the same type of lifestyle and you are coming against it because it will be found out. I use you in the general sense and not as you personally.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 01:22 pm
Anti-gay pastor arrested for public masturbation asks gay community for forgiveness

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/anti-gay-pastor-arrested-public-masturbation-asks-gay-20110301-134942-651.html?fb_action_ids=2625298632468&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_source=other_multiline
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 02:08 pm
@RexRed,
Just a few years ago, you were a staunch supporter of the Republican party even though Republicans were leading the charge against homosexuals in this country. How did you get to that place and how did you get out?
RexRed

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 06:31 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Just a few years ago, you were a staunch supporter of the Republican party even though Republicans were leading the charge against homosexuals in this country. How did you get to that place and how did you get out?

I became more worldly I guess. In order to love and appreciate all cultures and people I became fluid and genuine in appreciation. That part won out over the rigid dogmas that separated me out before. Now I have a more universal acceptance free from any particular religion. I am cautious but open to learn more. I link all religion as one including mono and polytheism. They are both two abstracts of the same ambiguous creature.

I remember leaving religion and for a while I was sad and unsure but eventually the benefits became evident. Just because I do seem to believe in religion does not change the fact that deep inside I have relinquished my will to the fact that I do not personally know. So truth is everywhere and nowhere.

The republicans changed once Obama was elected... and I saw the party for what it is more clearly. I saw hatred, homophobia, racism, elitism I had to tune them out completely. The tea party the same thing... people who cannot see themselves for how lost religion has made them.

I once thought that Jesus was real but now I prefer being uncertain.
I have some problems with Jesus and his "truth". Like why he was raised from the grave and had to return to god? Why did he not if he was alive in a new body just hang around here? And where the hell was God during the last tsunami? Even a text message warning people would have been decent of God... I need more than a book with high minded speech about holiness and spiritual gifts before I will fall for another God.

I do not reject religion and I do find it very interesting. I need more than what seems like a completely silent God that has seemingly never done one thing evident to show themselves and change one single event over billions of years.

The creation story is wrong, the flood story never happened, there is rampant racism, sexism and draconian legalism to boot in the bible. The liberty of the new testament seems trampled by an unsavory and barbaric old testament past.

A God that wants us happy then gives us a crucified man to think about. I just don't find the bible to have weathered good rational and reason over time. Maybe there is a God and silence is his/her style... Well I would say that is not very nurturing and loving to abandon your creation because you are too busy being omnipotent. I don't know and not knowing is better than knowing and believing error.

I was once taught a distinction between what is "God made" and what is "man made". Like a leaf on tree I was told is God made. I believed it because the spectacle seemed so plausible. Why any more plausible that the tree made the leaf? And the ground made the tree through evolution of elements and the sun made the elements in a cycle of the universe where energy is transformed into different states of matter. We are made of energy and God is energy. That seems more believable but is is provable?

I don't know I am rambling again...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 12:01 pm
Prominent Antigay Evangelical Blogger Outed as Gay
http://www.advocate.com/society/coming-out/2012/07/27/prominent-antigay-evangelical-blogger-outed-gay

I have no sympathy for this idiot, I would have no guilt for exposing him for his "canoodling".... Hypocrites are the lowest form of life... While gay teens commit suicide over his religious fear mongering he is out sexting with gay men...
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 12:51 pm
@RexRed,
Golda Meir was shot? Who knew?!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 06:16 pm
upert Everett and Turning Homophobia Back On Ourselves
http://gayfamilyvalues.blogspot.com/2012/09/i-cant-think-of-anything-worse-than.html#more
0 Replies

IsmailaGodHasHeard

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 11:06 pm
@RexRed,
I am a Christian who supports same sex marriage.