What is 10/66 ? 10 groups and 66 studies?

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 05:00 am

Context:

The Report combines the most current prevalence data from the World Alzheimer Report 2009 with improved data on low and middle-income countries from the 10/66 Dementia Research Group studies in Latin America, India and China. The Report uses representative population-based samples from developing countries to better quantify the cost of informal care systems that have previously been excluded from impact estimates.

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 05:17 am
Could be a date: Oct. 1966
oristarA

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 05:49 am
@PUNKEY,

Thanks.

But it sounds more or less ridiculous.

Waiting for others' replies.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 06:00 am
@oristarA,
It's the name of an organization:

http://www.alz.co.uk/1066/

It's not any particular phrase that would be recognizable to most native English speakers, I just thought from the usage that it might be the name and Googled it.

Quote:
The 10/66 Dementia Research Group is a collective of researchers carrying out population-based research into dementia, non-communicable diseases and ageing in low and middle income countries.

10/66 refers to the two-thirds (66%) of people with dementia living in low and middle income countries, and the 10% or less of population-based research that has been carried out in those regions.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 10:55 am
oristarA, did you even think of typing "10/66 Dementia" into Google?
dadpad

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 11:00 am
@contrex,
Contrex did you even think that Oris doent have access to google? I understand its a minority search engine in China and the government filters block a lot of usefull information.
Did you even think?
contrex

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 11:20 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

Contrex did you even think that Oris doent have access to google? I understand its a minority search engine in China and the government filters block a lot of usefull information.
Did you even think?

No, I didn't, and I apologise to oristarA. However...

Quote:
The Chinese government has renewed Google's licence to operate in China, the internet giant has said, ending a long-running stand-off between the two.

BBC News 9 July 2010

and...

Quote:
BioMed Central | Full text | The protocols for the 10/66 Dementia ... - [ 翻译此页 ]
作者:M Prince - 2007 - 被引用次数:34 - 相关文章
The title of the 10/66 Dementia Research Group [1-4] refers to the 66% of people with dementia that live in developing countries and the less than one tenth ...
www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/7/165 - 网页快照 - 类似结果

Retrieved via google.cn (which redirects, for users in and outside China, to google.hk)

oolongteasup

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 02:04 am
@contrex,
Nothing whatsoever to do with one in the eye.
contrex

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 10:51 am
@oolongteasup,
oolongteasup wrote:

Nothing whatsoever to do with one in the eye.

What are you talking about?
0 Replies