Who's Awesome?

Ceili

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 10:31 pm
http://static02.mediaite.com/geekosystem/uploads/2010/08/awesome-puppy-poster.jpeg
For $10 a Month, Someone Will Call You and Say “You’re Awesome” Every Day.
Now here’s an idea: Why practice self-affirmation when you can outsource it? Awesomeness Reminders is a $10-a-month service that consists of a person calling you every day to say “you’re awesome” and say generally positive things and wish you a happy day. Zack Burt, the site’s founder, assures us all that it is actually real:
TIME:
Is this a joke? The website swears it is not (twice) and founder Zachary Burt tells NewsFeed that the site is “very real.” According to Burt, the business started up just last week and currently counts just over 100 subscribers. Burt began by making all the calls himself before enlisting his roommate to help out. The company hired its first outside caller on Friday.

There are already 305 subscribers, according to AwesomenessReminders.com; they recommend it as a gift for “yourself, a friend, or your child.” One can also tweak a subscription to get customized messages, although given the service’s capitalist kumbaya vibe, we’re guessing they’d frown on using it to deliver daily nastygrams.
http://www.geekosystem.com/awesome-phone-calls-awesomeness-reminders/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 4,295 • Replies: 9

Rockhead

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 10:32 pm
@Ceili,
mark noble is free...
Ceili

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 10:34 pm
Rocky..Too funny.

Whilst listening to CBC today...One of the guests played one of his daily "awesome" call. It was hilarious. Dry, droll, but funny!
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 03:30 am
@Ceili,

http://www.syp.org.uk/assets/gallery/Weekly%20Update%20Images/awesome1_display.jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 04:54 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

mark noble is free...

He is true to his namesake (for the most part). You can openly disagree with him and he's polite and gentle as a butterfly. His cordial response/post ratio is one of the highest in a2k. Politely disagreeing since 2010!

(Okay, I don't really know how long he's been a member on the Philosophy Forum and the internet so his history of pleasant rebuttals his far longer then his a2k membership).

What gets me confused is all the all-too-strong negative reactions to his kind hearted attempts to keep online disagreements civil.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 04:57 am
@Ceili,
BTW: You're awesome Ceili for posting this ubercute Who's Awesome meme pic!
Very Happy
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 01:17 pm
I thought Who was on first.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 02:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thunk you verra much..
I had to look up meme. Nice, I learned a new word.

Ed, that's the man's name.;-)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 03:37 pm
@Rockhead,
Now, that's awesome.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 04:01 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

mark noble is free...